+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 Visitor Visa/TRV

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Also, if your date of travel in your invitation letter is before the processing time stated online, what would happen?

Devin42

Aug 19, 2023
Applied for TRV for my wife on June 10th after receiving AOR for spousal PR sponsorship. Biometrics completed June 14th and updated in portal. Portal shows eligibility and background check still in progress. It's beyond the 30 day processing for spouse TRV but she's coming from Kenya so maybe that's why they take a long time. We did our best to show home ties to Kenya but there are not many. We are really hoping she will be approved as the PR sponsorship for Quebec is currently 32 months!

Has anyone been approved for spouse visit visa from Africa?
TRV for my spouse was approved and got the PPR today July 23rd! (43 days since we applied).

Some details that might help others:
My wife was not working or in school in Kenya. She has travelled to Tanzania twice before. I wrote an invitation letter where I explained how her family depends on her support. I have been and will continue to financially support her including paying for her travel and medical insurance. I mentioned that she will apply for the SOWP when she gets to Canada but assured them that she will abide by the terms of the visit visa including not working unless she is approved for the permit and if she is not approved that she would return to Kenya so not to jeopardize her PR sponsorship by overstaying on TRV. I explained how important it is for us to be reunited and for her to meet my family and that Quebec PR applications are taking 32 months and the time apart is very stressful. I included the AOR from the spousal sponsorship, our marriage certificate, and also a copy of a lease in her name. I mentioned she will be staying with me for 6 months and included an itinerary of what activities we would be doing (travelling, sight seeing, special events). For the proof of finances she doesn't have a bank account so I showed my bank account statements with about $30000 in a TFSA and showed records of me sending her money every month for her rent and groceries and things.

Hang in there everyone! Good luck and I hope your applications are approved soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: GR19

Devin42

Aug 19, 2023
Also, if your date of travel in your invitation letter is before the processing time stated online, what would happen?
We applied June 10th and put July 10th as proposed date of travel. Processing time for spouse TRV is supposed to be 30 days but it took 43 days to get approved. Seems that it is ok to try your luck with an early date of travel and if the date is passed they can still approve but I don't think it will speed up your application if you request a date sooner than the estimated processing time.

AkshayAnilk

Jul 18, 2024
We applied June 10th and put July 10th as proposed date of travel. Processing time for spouse TRV is supposed to be 30 days but it took 43 days to get approved. Seems that it is ok to try your luck with an early date of travel and if the date is passed they can still approve but I don't think it will speed up your application if you request a date sooner than the estimated processing time.
Congratulation Devin! Really happy that you can see your spouse soon.

I applied on June 9th but no luck so far.

Daisyl&

Jun 11, 2021
Hello, i need help please to put a strong application. I’m due to give birth in soon and i want to invite my mom to come and help me after child birth as i have a toddler already. Is it advisable to state this in the invitation letter ?

yogniti

Apr 20, 2022
i applied for my in-laws trv on June 2. Got BIL on June 23. Biometrics updated on July 10.
Not able to create their account on tracker. Anyone who is able to do that?