VISIT
Submitted on June 27 for parents
Biometrics requested: June 28
Biometrics completed: July 04
Review of eligibility started : July 04
PPR: July 17
BVL: July 17
Decision made: Approval July 18
Congratulations :) and thank you for sharing..

Country and Visa History please? (US / CAN)

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
So we got PPR request today and there is mismatch in the spelling of the surname.

Long story short , my father got Canada visitor visa in 2014 with his old passport.After his passport expiry he applied for a new Indian passport with spelling change in surname.So we applied for new visitor visa.

I clearly mentioned in the application about the name change.IRCC sent Biometrics letter with the name from the new passport but then the PPR letter has the older name and UCI that my father had when he got the visa for the first time.

Is this an issue ? Worried about rejections due to spelling mistakes.Anybody faced similar issues.

Thanks in advance.

ssukingdom

Jul 7, 2024
So we got PPR request today and there is mismatch in the spelling of the surname.

Long story short , my father got Canada visitor visa in 2014 with his old passport.After his passport expiry he applied for a new Indian passport with spelling change in surname.So we applied for new visitor visa.

I clearly mentioned in the application about the name change.IRCC sent Biometrics letter with the name from the new passport but then the PPR letter has the older name and UCI that my father had when he got the visa for the first time.

Is this an issue ? Worried about rejections due to spelling mistakes.Anybody faced similar issues.

Thanks in advance.
Can you please share the timeline