Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
I see the Biometrics in the GCKey is attached from the TRV application. I guess that will change when they send new BIL?

Mundeesh

Jul 30, 2024
Hi
Maybe try linking the account on gckey account see if it shows up. Maybe the officer that opened it went on vacation or so (for sure they got to ur application if they asked for extra documents). Also, sending web form to ask about it wouldn't hurt.
I have called multiple times, no response. I also sent a web form still no reply. Can anyone advise further?

Aug 2, 2024
Here is my application if anybody on the same boat - INLAND 2024:

Submission: June 24,2024
July 12, 2024: Document request (Schedule A)
July 13,2024: AOR (Sponsor's email)
July 15,2024: Submitted the request form => still haven't heard back from them, so i'm not sure if they received it or not (today is Aug 1)
July 20,2024: Biometric request
July 24,2024: Biometric completed (showed on IRCC account)
July 25,202: Invite pre-arrival letter
August 1,2024: Got eligibility decision letter by email (passed) => status hasn't change on IRCC

I linked the application with IRCC account and tried to register for PR tracker but no luck, hopefully it will works soon!
Did you get the medical request yet?

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
We applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship June 30 2024
AOR : July 27th 2024
Sponsor: Citizen
PA: on Study permit
SOWP: July 30th 2024
Ghost update on SOWP : August 6th 2024
Medical Aproved on PR app : August 9th 2024 ( we had valid medicals from study permit application)

amdca

Sep 7, 2023
SOWP: July 30th 2024
Medical Aproved on PR app : August 9th 2024 ( we had valid medicals from study permit application)
If you're from Ontario, may I know how soon you can apply to OHIP after applying to SOWP?

Mundeesh

Jul 30, 2024
Hi. Did you call 1-888-242-2100? If yes, may I please ask what did you mean by no response? Did they mention the line is not available?
Yes, I had called this number but was not able to connect.
Connected with them today and they said they have received everything required but no decision has been made as of now and I will have to patiently wait for the AOR.
I am just worried as the application was submitted in May and most people who submitted then have received the AOR.
I don’t know what is the hold up.

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
If you're from Ontario, may I know how soon you can apply to OHIP after applying to SOWP?
Hi,
I don't really know when for certain. However, I have read from some ppo in forums that one can apply after getting AIP (approval in principal) may have to call OHIP to ask for sure.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Yes, I had called this number but was not able to connect.
Connected with them today and they said they have received everything required but no decision has been made as of now and I will have to patiently wait for the AOR.
I am just worried as the application was submitted in May and most people who submitted then have received the AOR.
I don’t know what is the hold up.
Hi. Hope you hear the good news soon! It is good to hear that they got all the documents so I think soon!

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hi. As kemilembe mentioned, if you received AIP, you are also eligible to apply for OHIP. I got my OHIP from AIP (not OWP). Not all the ServiceOntario knows about it though, you have to look for the big ones and you can apply under "are applying for permanent residence in Canada" and:
  • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and
  • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements) and
  • you have not yet been denied

For OWP, I heard from my friend that ServiceOntario asked for an employment certificate as well to be able to apply. Not sure though

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hi. As kemilembe mentioned, if you received AIP, you are also eligible to apply for OHIP. I got my OHIP from AIP (not OWP). Not all the ServiceOntario knows about it though, you have to look for the big ones and you can apply under "are applying for permanent residence in Canada" and:
  • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and
  • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements) and
  • you have not yet been denied

For OWP, I heard from my friend that ServiceOntario asked for an employment certificate as well to be able to apply. Not sure though
Yep, that's correct. Apparently, only the big "Full Service" ServiceOntario sites can issue a health card based on AIP for some reason. If you use an OWP, you also have to provide a job letter, according to the Ontario website.

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
WE got out SOWP approved.
SOWP applied: July 30th 2024
Medical Approved on PR app : August 9th 2024 ( we had valid medicals from study permit application)
SOWP Background check : July 31st
Correspondence letter (Biometrics Validity Letter) : August 15th 2024 ( we have valid biometrics from study permit)
SOWP Approved Decision made updated on GC key with valid WP number : August 16th 2024. valid for 2 years.

Reactions: Charlamanderxxxx

Aurora9

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hello,
I have some questions for applicants who received BIL.
Did you pay the fee when you received BIL? Or did you pay after receiving the email from IRCC asking you to pay the fee?

Last edited: