+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

MoMazz

Aug 14, 2020
Is anyone aware if the application taking more time in physical presence can be due to claiming of stay before PR like work/study permit duration ? Even though I don’t have any international trips in last 4 years (2 as PR + 2 on WP) IRCC agent said they have made request to another department for travel dates.
If anyone knows what’s this department or similar case from past ? Please share any info that may help. Thankyou.
Hi @migrating_penguin96 , how did you contact IRCC and how did you get this information that they have requested information from other department?
Please guide me. I tried calling them a couple of times…..only to hear that all agents are busy.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi @migrating_penguin96 , how did you contact IRCC and how did you get this information that they have requested information from other department?
Please guide me. I tried calling them a couple of times…..only to hear that all agents are busy.
Call them in morning as soon as the office opens. There was a quicker number combination to reach the agents for PR. Maybe someone has one for citizenship

pemilysree

Oct 16, 2024
Hi There, does anyone have the number to call IRCC regarding the citizenship, it's been 2 months since I received the test confirmation and no update after. I would like to call them and see.

armen17

Oct 16, 2024
My Timeline till now - NGF office

June 6, 2024 - Applied online

June 13, 2024 - AOR

July 31, 2024 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

Aug 6, 2024 - Citizenship test has been updated to In progress.

Aug 10, 2024 - Scheduled for citizenship test.

Aug 11, 2024 - took the test 20/20

Aug 16, 2024 - test marked as complete

Sep 24, 2024 - LPP marked as complete

Waiting on Oath, anyone same boat Niagara office?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
My Timeline till now - NGF office

June 6, 2024 - Applied online

June 13, 2024 - AOR

July 31, 2024 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

Aug 6, 2024 - Citizenship test has been updated to In progress.

Aug 10, 2024 - Scheduled for citizenship test.

Aug 11, 2024 - took the test 20/20

Aug 16, 2024 - test marked as complete

Sep 24, 2024 - LPP marked as complete

Waiting on Oath, anyone same boat Niagara office?
NGF office

LPP completed October 4th.
Waiting on Oath

Reactions: kanex

kanex

Oct 16, 2024
@Sayantan86: I could not quote your post in this response.
I took Oath yesterday as well (SCR office) and I received an email this morning with instructions to download the e-cert. I was successful in downloading the electronic citizenship certificate.
Some had received this email even before the Oath ceremony. If you are in that boat, then you can try them out. I don't think there will be another email sent out.
When did you apply for citizenship?

Blanx

Jun 17, 2021
We interviewed with an officer via Teams yesterday and the interviewer told us that I got all the information that I needed and that you would receive information about the oath ceremony within 8-12 weeks. However, LPP is still, in progress, I wonder how long it takes for LPP to be updated on the tracker in such cases (after the interview).

Reactions: Oscarsunil

DSL2011

Jun 7, 2024
We interviewed with an officer via Teams yesterday and the interviewer told us that I got all the information that I needed and that you would receive information about the oath ceremony within 8-12 weeks. However, LPP is still, in progress, I wonder how long it takes for LPP to be updated on the tracker in such cases (after the interview).
I saw many times when the officer update LPP right after interview, but because of 2 days delay on tracker- you may see it tomorrow or day after tomorrow.