+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Updated the spreadsheet.

@maverick1982 - It is 2 business days and not calendar days delay so Aug 6th tracker updates are from Aug 2 and not Aug 4. I have updated the sheet.
Is it always exactly 2 business days? I got my GU1 on Aug 2nd but haven't seen any updates in the tracker yet this morning. Do these updates come anytime of the day or just early mornings?

Reactions: hssrp

blessed99

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Congratulations @blessed99

1. You don't need any software to take the test. Just make sure the YMCA computer has an in-built or external camera.

2. Click the link you received and follow the instructions. You will be asked to request the test link at the 3rd or 4th stage. Be sure to open the test link within 15 minutes. If not, you will be asked to request a new link
Thank you!

I have been reading the manual provided. Please could you suggest any practice questions that would be helpful? I am very nervous about the test.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Is it always exactly 2 business days? I got my GU1 on Aug 2nd but haven't seen any updates in the tracker yet this morning. Do these updates come anytime of the day or just early mornings?
My comment was specifically for @maverick1982 regarding backdating the updates from the past as per the 2 business days delay.

In your case, yours is a forward looking update. So yes, when the GU translates into a real update it will be after 2 business days due to the tracker delay, however not all GU translate to a real update. In such cases you may not see a real update until several days later.

Reactions: Sidedmage3

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Hi please update my status. My name is on Line 16. June

July 31, Background verification
Aug 09, Scheduled for citizenship test

I haven't book the time yet, as I haven't started to study yet..

Now I have 30 days to prepare.....
Does someone have some suggestions for me to study? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi please update my status. My name is on Line 16. June

July 31, Background verification
Aug 09, Scheduled for citizenship test

I haven't book the time yet, as I haven't started to study yet..

Now I have 30 days to prepare.....
Does someone have some suggestions for me to study? Thank you very much.
August 9 is future. Can you please scroll down and check history? That will g9ve exact dates for background check and test.

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Aug 6th - Sept 5th
@sandis May I know what's the status of your Background Verification? What I noticed is in most of the cases BG turns green before the test invite comes, not for me though. Wondering what is the status of your BG. Also, where do you live in Kitchener? I am from Waterloo :)

Last edited:

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
My comment was specifically for @maverick1982 regarding backdating the updates from the past as per the 2 business days delay.

In your case, yours is a forward looking update. So yes, when the GU translates into a real update it will be after 2 business days due to the tracker delay, however not all GU translate to a real update. In such cases you may not see a real update until several days later.
Thank you. My GU1 hasn't turned into a real update yet - from your experience do you know what the officers could be working on in this scenario? I see that for most people BG is completed as the first step but am curious that the history section doesn't have anything yet even after it said a new update notification during GU1. I know everyone's case is different but just trying to understand if there's any pattern to this kind of update. Thanks!

Reactions: hssrp