+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Thank you. My GU1 hasn't turned into a real update yet - from your experience do you know what the officers could be working on in this scenario? I see that for most people BG is completed as the first step but am curious that the history section doesn't have anything yet even after it said a new update notification during GU1. I know everyone's case is different but just trying to understand if there's any pattern to this kind of update. Thanks!
You will get the test invite soon. My AOR is 18 June and I got my test invite yesterday.

Reactions: hssrp

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Just to update:
Today I got the official email invitation for the test window Aug 16-Sept 14.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thank you. My GU1 hasn't turned into a real update yet - from your experience do you know what the officers could be working on in this scenario? I see that for most people BG is completed as the first step but am curious that the history section doesn't have anything yet even after it said a new update notification during GU1. I know everyone's case is different but just trying to understand if there's any pattern to this kind of update. Thanks!
Yes, when there is a ghost update, unfortunately, there is no change in the application history section and we are left to wonder what it would be. Based on my limited knowledge, at your stage, it is most likely when a part of the BG (criminality or security) is marked as completed and the other one is still in progress. So you see a GU but since the BG didn't fully complete yet, you don't see it updated in the history section. Alternatively, it can be that the officer is working on scheduling your test so you might get a test invite update in the tracker in a few days/weeks.

Reactions: Sidedmage3

AMRITMALHI

Aug 8, 2024
Hi guys, I applied online on Jun 13th and received my AOR on Jun 20th and last updated jun 22nd in process but I haven't received any update yet. How long it’s take to get first GU

sandis

Jun 6, 2024
I've taken test on Aug 6th but BG Is still in process along with language, prohibitions and physical presence. Is this normal?

sandis

Jun 6, 2024
@sandis May I know what's the status of your Background Verification? What I noticed is in most of the cases BG turns green before the test invite comes, not for me though. Wondering what is the status of your BG. Also, where do you live in Kitchener? I am from Waterloo :)
Everything says inprocess.

Oscarsunil

Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys, I applied online on Jun 13th and received my AOR on Jun 20th and last updated jun 22nd in process but I haven't received any update yet. How long it’s take to get first GU
According to ongoing trend it takes around 60-70 days to get first update , so you are OK in this

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
you get the first update mostly in about 6-8 weeks so you should be getting an update soon

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Yes, when there is a ghost update, unfortunately, there is no change in the application history section and we are left to wonder what it would be. Based on my limited knowledge, at your stage, it is most likely when a part of the BG (criminality or security) is marked as completed and the other one is still in progress. So you see a GU but since the BG didn't fully complete yet, you don't see it updated in the history section. Alternatively, it can be that the officer is working on scheduling your test so you might get a test invite update in the tracker in a few days/weeks.
I have an update.
Application history says Aug 6th BG marked as completed

Status at the top says Updated with today's date(Aug 8th). I'm thinking this is a GU2, as when I logged in the first time this morning, the history section said 2 new updates (1 being BG completed) but the other one is the Application filed date but that's not new. So the other update could be the GU2 which hasn't turned into a real update yet.

asaci

Dec 27, 2017
Application Date: June 14, 2024.
AOR: June 20, 2024.

No updates have been received since then. Is it normal?

chococanuck

Aug 13, 2019
I have got an GU today since AOR on 13th June. What will be an update I can expect next ?
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Background Verification and Prohibition are still on Pending status. Other two are not started.

Application Date: June 4th, 2024.
AOR: June 13th, 2024.