+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Richikachopra

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hey guys ... what as per you all would be the most ideal NOC for a self employed marketing consultant ... a friend is starting her application ... I have recommended 0124

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I just spoke to dumb agent from CIC.. She just read what I could see in online. She said I have to wait for 6 months as per the timeline which everyone knows. She also included my eligibility is under review and bc is under process which is already there in online under my account.
Then I told her that I know all these informations already but as per my last GCMS notes which was a month ago, the eligibility status said recommended pass and I want to know the current status of the same and now again without checking she said "yes, it's recommended pass and no other update"
I really wonder whether she checked and gave me the right answers or just did a eye wash since it's a Friday for them..!!!

rdimmi

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just spoke to dumb agent from CIC.. She just read what I could see in online. She said I have to wait for 6 months as per the timeline which everyone knows. She also included my eligibility is under review and bc is under process which is already there in online under my account.
Then I told her that I know all these informations already but as per my last GCMS notes which was a month ago, the eligibility status said recommended pass and I want to know the current status of the same and now again without checking she said "yes, it's recommended pass and no other update"
I really wonder whether she checked and gave me the right answers or just did a eye wash since it's a Friday for them..!!!
I have called them twice and exactly got the same info which was there on my online account. the first agent even refused to tell me my CIO office and none of them told me if my eligibility was recommended pass!! some of them are really useless to talk to!!

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I have called them twice and exactly got the same info which was there on my online account. the first agent even refused to tell me my CIO office and none of them told me if my eligibility was recommended pass!! some of them are really useless to talk to!!
Very true.. Sick people.. Just to hear what I have seen in online, I have wasted 1 hour in phone..

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Ask for the status on:
- Eligibility assessment
- Security assessment
- Criminality assessment

Don't ask for status on the Background check, as that's MyCIC-unique terminology so their answer is always going to align with what you're seeing as well.

rdimmi

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ask for the status on:
- Eligibility assessment
- Security assessment
- Criminality assessment

Don't ask for status on the Background check, as that's MyCIC-unique terminology so their answer is always going to align with what you're seeing as well.
That is exactly how i asked but she was like "oh i don't see anything on your account. I can see only what you can see online." I am like how!! but clearly she didn't wanna answer so I didn't bother her much and just hung up after asking 2-3 times!

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
U choose a wrong day to call lol

Reactions: Y@$h

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys ... what as per you all would be the most ideal NOC for a self employed marketing consultant ... a friend is starting her application ... I have recommended 0124

Marketing Consultant is a broad term. Which part of marketing is she into?

If your friend is into market research or business development, which also falls under Marketing.. She should be looking at a different NOC code.

Honestly, it all really depends on her current job role and responsibilities.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
That is exactly how i asked but she was like "oh i don't see anything on your account. I can see only what you can see online." I am like how!! but clearly she didn't wanna answer so I didn't bother her much and just hung up after asking 2-3 times!
She didn't bother checking then. They can see a lot of information, including where your application is being processed, what the latest status is, file changes etc. (I'm not sure about case analyst/officer notes) but it takes a few minutes for them to search this up.

Some agents won't bother doing this if they sense it's not urgent or if the application is within deadline.

Reactions: rdimmi

Richikachopra

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Marketing Consultant is a broad term. Which part of marketing is she into?

If your friend is into market research or business development, which also falls under Marketing.. She should be looking at a different NOC code.

Honestly, it all really depends on her current job role and responsibilities.
Freelance marketing creating strategies for online and offline marketing for startups with Good monthly payments ...

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
My AOR is June 3rd. I called CIC yday n was lucky enough to get hold of a helpful agent. She was courteous and answered all my questions.
Eligibility - met
Rest all - not started

I told her my eligibility status was met last month also n isn't my file touched since last month. She said the last update on my file was on Jul 12th n yes, it hasn't been touched after that :(

I asked her OK, now about eligibility, has it been passed by case analyst or case officer. She said eligibility is met. I asked then hasn't it been passed by case officer. She said eligibility met means eligibility passed n I shouldnt worry about that. She gave me an estimate that I will receive my PR by Jan 2019 n anything before that consider it as bonus.

Reactions: B. B.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My AOR is June 3rd. I called CIC yday n was lucky enough to get hold of a helpful agent. She was courteous and answered all my questions.
Eligibility - met
Rest all - not started

I told her my eligibility status was met last month also n isn't my file touched since last month. She said the last update on my file was on Jul 12th n yes, it hasn't been touched after that :(

I asked her OK, now about eligibility, has it been passed by case analyst or case officer. She said eligibility is met. I asked then hasn't it been passed by case officer. She said eligibility met means eligibility passed n I shouldnt worry about that. She gave me an estimate that I will receive my PR by Jan 2019 n anything before that consider it as bonus.
Cases like these irk me. I get that theory of every application is unique and all BUT when an application is not even touched for months how does that even become a factor. This is not good that some application don’t get touched while applications after that receive PPR. When they haven’t even started working on the background check how does even factors like travel history and all come in to play.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Eligibility - met
Rest all - not started

Do you know your visa office?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Cases like these irk me. I get that theory of every application is unique and all BUT when an application is not even touched for months how does that even become a factor. This is not good that some application don’t get touched while applications after that receive PPR. When they haven’t even started working on the background check how does even factors like travel history and all come in to play.
That's really bad. I totally understand that they have six months to complete the application, but these days many applications have crossed six months timeline as their files are not touched after their eligibility. I think if there are clear steps about our applications it would not give us unnecessary tension. They can update us about main steps which could give us clear idea about the timeline of our applications.

I am just sharing my opinion. Don't take it wrongly.