Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
AOA Friends:
Alhmdllah, i have been blessed by a baby boy. Can anyone of you please send me information or link "How to include new baby in my application".

Thanks in advance.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
AOA Friends:
Alhmdllah, i have been blessed by a baby boy. Can anyone of you please send me information or link "How to include new baby in my application".

Thanks in advance.
Mubarak ho :)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
AOA Friends:

Thanks in advance.
:) :) MashAllah :) :) from my side flying kisss for your baby :)

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
WAY said:
AOA Friends:

Thanks in advance.
First of all congratulations for a new born.

Kindly check the Qorax post below.

qorax said:
Addition of Newborn Baby/ies

After the 2nd AOR/PER, anything & everything must go to the VO [not to CIO-NS]. And always remember to write a Cover Letter. As soon as the baby is born - Register the Birth [obtain a Birth Cert... hospitals will assist u with it, but the onus of getting the B/Cert shall rest with the parent/s] & Apply for his/her Pps. As u receive the pps, send the following to your local CHC [your VO]:

1. Forms:
•Schedule 1: Background/Declaration Form [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf
•Additional Family Information Form [IMM 5406]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF
•Fee Payment Form [IMM 5620]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5620E.pdf

2. Passport copies
3. Birth Certificate
4. Bank Draft [$150]
5. Cover Letter

Qorax

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
AOA Friends:

Thanks in advance.
Oh great..........Best Wishes :)

Nice to see you after a break on this forum.

Take care.

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
canada1234 said:
First of all congratulations for a new born.

Kindly check the Qorax post below.
Thanks friends for your wishes. Canada1234 thanks a lot for guidance.

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
phdmaker said:
Oh great..........Best Wishes :)

Nice to see you after a break on this forum.

Take care.
Its a nice surprise that my absence was noted. Anyways dear, was extremely busy in my job. U must have heard about the commissioning of world's largest single train urea plant, i was part of that team.......:). Now i am a bit relieved.......Hw abt u, hw is ur job going on??

TC

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ali, I already got my 2nd AOR on 7-Feb-2011. Can you please replace waiting value with date 7-Feb-2011 in table? Thanks.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, are u based in Pakistan???

imranmcse said:
Hi Ali, I already got my 2nd AOR on 7-Feb-2011. Can you please replace waiting value with date 7-Feb-2011 in table? Thanks.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
Its a nice surprise that my absence was noted. Anyways dear, was extremely busy in my job. U must have heard about the commissioning of world's largest single train urea plant, i was part of that team.......:). Now i am a bit relieved.......Hw abt u, hw is ur job going on??

TC
Nice to hear that.

Well, I'm fine & busy with job & MBA studies.

Best wishes & hope to be kept in touch.

Thanks.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release

Pilot project launches in British Columbia to offer more opportunity to international graduates
Vancouver, February 22, 2011 — International students at some of British Columbia’s private educational institutions will have the opportunity to gain Canadian work experience after graduation, thanks to a new pilot project.

The announcement was made today by Alice Wong, Parliamentary Secretary for Multiculturalism and Member of Parliament for Richmond, and B.C. Minister of Regional Economic and Skills Development Ida Chong. It marks the next step in the Government of Canada’s strategy to attract international students. Since 2005, the number of foreign students coming to Canada has increased by 25 percent, with a total of 85,140 entries in 2009.

“We remain steadfast in our commitment to attract international students to Canada and retaining them after they graduate,” said Parliamentary Secretary Wong. “With this pilot project, we are continuing to build Canada’s standing as a destination of choice for international students.”

“In the next decade, B.C. will have more than a million job openings, and immigration is going to be a key factor in our ability to fill them,” said Minister Chong. “By expanding this program to private institutions, we’re giving more international students an opportunity to work and potentially to choose British Columbia as their place to call home.”

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program already allows students who have graduated from an eligible program at a post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Under the program, graduates can apply for open work permits for up to three years, depending on the length of time they studied. Until now, only international students at public universities and colleges and private degree-granting institutions were able to apply.

With the implementation of this two-year pilot project on January 31, graduates of private post-secondary institutions with career training programs that have received the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation are also able to apply for an open work permit.

“International graduates with Canadian education, Canadian work experience, and an ease and familiarity with Canadian society are often excellent candidates to apply for permanent resident status through the Canadian Experience Class,” stated Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney.

The Government of Canada is committed to giving Canadian educational institutions a competitive edge in attracting international students and recent initiatives, including online application services, the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and the Off-Campus Work Permit Program, have been very successful in doing so.

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada

For further information (media only), please contact:

Celyeste Power
Minister’s Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Media Relations
Communications Branch
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca

Lisa Tees
Director of Communications
Ministry of Regional Economic and Skills Development
250-952-6508
250-888-3466 (cell)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release

Canada and Yukon sign agreement on Temporary Foreign Workers
Whitehorse, February 23, 2011 — The Governments of Canada and Yukon have signed an agreement that gives Yukon a role in managing the Temporary Foreign Worker Program within the Territory.

Senator Daniel Lang made the announcement today with Patrick Rouble, Yukon Minister of Education and Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources. Senator Lang spoke on behalf of Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development.

“The Government of Yukon has a role to play in protecting temporary foreign workers from exploitation and in identifying how immigration can help address gaps in its labour market,” said Senator Lang. “This agreement formally recognizes these roles.”

The agreement will improve the responsiveness of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program by providing Yukon with a greater role in helping these workers come to Canada. The Government of Yukon will be able to recommend the entry of some temporary foreign workers without requiring a Service Canada assessment of whether there are Canadians or permanent residents available to fill the vacant positions. Such exemptions will be determined according to criteria to be set by the territorial government, in line with its economic plans and priorities.

“This agreement provides one more tool for Yukon’s labour market stakeholders to address Yukon’s labour market opportunities, both now and into the future,” said Minister Rouble. “Our first priority is to work with underrepresented groups in Yukon to meet labour force demands and turn to temporary foreign workers when the need arises.”

“Today marks an important step in making the Temporary Foreign Worker Program more responsive to Yukon’s particular labour needs. Meeting those needs translates into more opportunities for all Yukon residents,” the Senator added.

The agreement provides a framework for closer cooperation between the two levels of government to better educate employers and potential workers about their rights and responsibilities.

A number of innovative pilot initiatives are also planned as part of the agreement. These initiatives are designed to respond to region-specific issues concerning temporary foreign workers, and are aligned with the economic and social development priorities of Yukon.

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program is driven by employer demand and aimed at filling identified labour shortages where no suitable Canadian workers or permanent residents are available.

Alykhan Velshi
Minister’s Office

Media Relations
Communications Branch
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca

Michelle Bakos
Minister’s Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
819-994-2482
Media Relations
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
819-994-5559
Emily Younker
Cabinet Communications
Government of Yukon
867-633-7961
emily.younker@gov.yk.ca

Media Relations
Michele Royle
Communications Coordinator
Yukon Department of Education
867-393-7102
michele.royle@gov.yk.ca

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release

Government of Canada welcomes more refugees seeking freedom from persecution
Ottawa, February 23, 2011 — The arrival of 50 Montagnard refugees who had fled persecution in Vietnam was announced today by Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism.

Canada agreed, at the emergency request of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), to resettle a group of Vietnamese Montagnard refugees who had been under risk of return to Vietnam.

“Canada had the capacity to act quickly in response to this situation and we are pleased to welcome these individuals to Québec City as they have been living in an uncertain situation for far too long,” said Minister Kenney.

This group of Montagnard hill tribespeople from Vietnam's Central Highlands fled in 2006 and crossed the border into Cambodia. They were initially under consideration for resettlement to another country, but had not yet been admitted there. As the refugee centre in Cambodia was closing, Canadian officials acted quickly to resettle the remaining refugees. The acceptance by Canada of this group means that the protection needs of all members of the original group that fled in 2006 have now been addressed.

“Canada has a proud tradition of opening its doors to people from around the world and providing a safe haven for those fleeing communism,” added Minister Kenney. “Following the fall of Saigon in 1975, more than half a million Vietnamese fled Vietnam. Thanks to the outpouring of support from Canadians, we welcomed more than 60,000 refugees in two years from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia under the Private Sponsorship Program.”

The Montagnard refugees are just the latest refugees from Vietnam to find protection in Canada. In 2008, the Government of Canada facilitated, on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, the immigration of approximately 250 Vietnamese who had been living in the Philippines without status since the late 1970s, when they fled communism.

“We are committed to further strengthening Canada's role as a global leader in refugee protection,” Minister Kenney said. “That is why the Government of Canada committed, as part of the measures to reform Canada's asylum system, to increase the total number of genuine refugees resettled annually by 20 percent, including those seeking freedom from persecution.”

"These refugees came to Canada the legal way, applying to the UNHCR and then being selected for resettlement. They didn't pay human smugglers to jump the queue, or try to abuse our immigration system by lying to Immigration Canada," added Minister Kenney.

The Montagnards arrived in Quebec as government-assisted refugees. This means they will receive settlement support through Quebec's humanitarian immigration program.

Alykhan Velshi
Minister's Office

Media Relations
Communications Branch
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca