Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
I wonder what caused the standstill.
It is pelipeli with her well organized application that put us all to a shame. I think CIC will put in place new rules for organization.

This was for fun only ;)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mountain_pirate said:
I'd be interested in knowing what they tell you. But please don't give up hope yet. I've a theory (one of several factors) as to why there seems to be such a discrepancy between pre-mid jan and post mid-jan applicant. I think quite a few of CIC employees took March break. So the applicants they processed before they went on their breaks got their approvals on timely fashion and those of us unlucky ones had their applications biting dust during their week or two long breaks, plus the time to recover from hang-over and vacation aftereffects. I work for a large corporation employing thousands of people and this scenario isn't all far fetched. And with CIC being a government entity there is no accountability or having to deal with angry clients.
I am not sure. In US there is the spring break. What is March break? (I never took it in any of my jobs in Canada!)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
well, if yours is received Jan 18 and no record of it yet, then I might as well give up hope on getting a favorable answer (mine is received Jan 25) coz I am planning to call them tomorrow after they have updated the processing time today (hopefully its not Jan 25 anymore)

I am trying hard to be patient but I can't help but feel frustrated at the rate things are going. The first ones in our batch got their approvals at not exceeding 50 days and now here we are, only two weeks behind and we are already dangerously nearing 70 days.
I do hope they will update the site with actual numbers

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
It is pelipeli with her well organized application that put us all to a shame. I think CIC will put in place new rules for organization.

This was for fun only ;)
LOL. So true. She's amazing.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ocanadaguy said:
Yes... I forgot about March break because I worked through it... There is no such thing as march break where I work :) That theory will keep me sane for another week.
Wouldn't there have been a standstill at Christmas then? That's a bigger holiday.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
I am not sure. In US there is the spring break. What is March break? (I never took it in any of my jobs in Canada!)
It's the same thing.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
It's the same thing.
As much as I would like to believe that theory of March break. (just to keep me sane)

[quote author=wikipedia]Spring break (also known as March break, study week, reading week or the Easter holidays in the United Kingdom and some parts of Canada) is a recess in early spring at universities and schools in the United States, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and other countries.[/quote]

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
As much as I would like to believe that theory of March break. (just to keep me sane)
Since the kids are out of school, it's a very popular time to go on vacation.

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
same thing, sent by Fedex on Jan 16, received on Jan 17 signed by someone called VINA. Called CIC yesterday, no file in their computer system, asked me to called back in 2-3 weeks...most of people got approvals seem to be those filed inland applications, right? I though everything goes to Mississgua is regarding your spouse living outside Canada. So worrying...the only thing I can do is wait and keep calling.

mountain_pirate said:
Something strange happening at CIC. I sent in my application on Jan 18, 2012 and fedex indicated it was delivered at CPC-M on 19th. I called the 1-888 number today and the guy told me there is no record of my application to sponsor my wife. He sent a note to CPC-M and said they'd get back to me in 2-3 months, and if not call back then. I think we'll go insane if we've to wait another 3 months just to get the first stage approved. And why does the processing time list keep on saying 55 days (processing Jan 25 applicants) when that's clearly not the case and they haven't even opened mid-jan applications. Anyone in the same boat?

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
It's the same thing.
They did have 70 days processing time before mid/late/jan. Seems like they came back reinvigorated after winter break and brought the processing times to 44 days, then it went up to 48 and then to 55. Just when they were done processing december some of early Jan applicants, it was time for some margaritas down south while the after New Year pile gathered size.

Of course, I don't know the reason, but it's something to keep my hope alive :D I could come up with more theories if needed ;D

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
ocanadaguy said:
Yes... I forgot about March break because I worked through it... There is no such thing as march break where I work :) That theory will keep me sane for another week.
I hear you. I didn't take march break either. Have to use my vacation early to see my wife and now saving days when she arrives (pray soon) to use it to do short road trips with her.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mountain_pirate said:
They did have 70 days processing time before mid/late/jan. Seems like they came back reinvigorated after winter break and brought the processing times to 44 days, then it went up to 48 and then to 55. Just when they were done processing december some of early Jan applicants, it was time for some margaritas down south while the after New Year pile gathered size.

Of course, I don't know the reason, but it's something to keep my hope alive :D I could come up with more theories if needed ;D
I like your theories. They make me feel better. :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Did anyone other than me NOT pay their RPRF "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" before sending in their application?
I had a harrowing day of getting it paid and notifying various offices that its been paid. Who did you send your receipt to and how?
I paid online, emailed the receipt to my VO, who immediately confirmed that theyv've updated my file. I tried also faxing the receipt to missisauga, but after 50 attempts with no answer, I printed and posted a copy.
Im just wondering if everything is fine now that Australia VO updated my file or is it going to take another month for mississauga to receive my letter and confirm payment to my VO?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
I always thinking that when they didn't update the processing time on a Wednesday that it means they are working their butts off and couldn't even stop to update the time line.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amoss said:
I always thinking that when they didn't update the processing time on a Wednesday that it means they are working their butts off and couldn't even stop to update the time line.
haha hope so but I think the site would be updated by different people :)