+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi guys,

I am a February applicant but cannot stop peeking on your January applicants' cases in this forum.

The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing and IRRESPONSIBLE. We paid immigration however we cannot even get an promised acknowledgement email to confirm they at least received our application, nor get correct and honest information on their official website about the immigration process status. People we are waiting are so frustrated but we seems have no weapon to fight back. We created theory to comfort ourselves, we joked on what we are facing. But nothing really eases the frustration inside us while hopelessly waiting for the next CIC update although we know it might be another nonsense. THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR!!!!

I know my case is a long shot yet. But still we are in the same boat. I wonder if we can at least send our complaints to the Immigration Ministry (Don't think complaints to CIC will work)? At least request the basics we deserve -- basic information of immigration process (we are not pushing him to speed up the process) I remember from this forum a guy mentioned he emailed Immigration Ministry to complain. His personal email might have been submerged under numerous emails. If more of us as a group submit complaints, at least our voice will be heard if even no response.

What is your thoughts?

I apologize that I cannot innitiate an actual repitition actions as I am really not good at computer. I am sure here there will be some guys excellent at computer skills. I will be the first one to sign any repetition initiated thankfully by some one.

salute

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
Hahahahaha... I take it as a compliment Dr Eng X. Thanks and thanks to canadiangirl78 =)
It is a compliment...I am also being sarcastic about CIC ::) and trying to have some fun with all this tense...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liuminparis said:
Hi guys,

I am a February applicant but cannot stop peeking on your January applicants' cases in this forum.

The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing and IRRESPONSIBLE. We paid immigration however we cannot even get an promised acknowledgement email to confirm they at least received our application, nor get correct and honest information on their official website about the immigration process status. People we are waiting are so frustrated but we seems have no weapon to fight back. We created theory to comfort ourselves, we joked on what we are facing. But nothing really eases the frustration inside us while hopelessly waiting for the next CIC update although we know it might be another nonsense. THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR!!!!

I know my case is a long shot yet. But still we are in the same boat. I wonder if we can at least send our complaints to the Immigration Ministry (Don't think complaints to CIC will work)? At least request the basics we deserve -- basic information of immigration process (we are not pushing him to speed up the process) I remember from this forum a guy mentioned he emailed Immigration Ministry to complain. His personal email might have been submerged under numerous emails. If more of us as a group submit complaints, at least our voice will be heard if even no response.

What is your thoughts?

I apologize that I cannot innitiate an actual petition actions as I am really not good at computer. I am sure here there will be some guys excellent at computer skills. I will be the first one to sign any petition initiated thankfully by some one.

salute
I'm with you in any positive actions that will stop this non sense.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
liuminparis said:
Hi guys,

What is your thoughts?

I apologize that I cannot innitiate an actual repitition actions as I am really not good at computer. I am sure here there will be some guys excellent at computer skills. I will be the first one to sign any repetition initiated thankfully by some one.

salute
I'm with you.they are very disappointing, erratic, inconsistent.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for your response to my petition suggestion.

My English is OK but not that good. Is anyone is this forum good at writing a powerful petition (not necessary to be a long article)? I think as long as we clearly indicate that CIC's performance is very poor to reflect their process and we are not treated with responsibilities, this is the point we want the Immigration Ministry to notice.

Any one? Or I will have to sacrifice with my poor English :p

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
liuminparis said:
Thanks for your response to my petition suggestion.

My English is OK but not that good. Is anyone is this forum good at writing a powerful petition (not necessary to be a long article)? I think as long as we clearly indicate that CIC's performance is very poor to reflect their process and we are not treated with responsibilities, this is the point we want the Immigration Ministry to notice.

Any one? Or I will have to sacrifice with my poor English :p
I definitely don't think you're bad at all in writing. You really have nice and simple choice of words to express yourself. May be you should initiate this and we will be with you.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
this is the Immigration Ministry's email address

Minister@cic.gc.ca

links: cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/index.asp

Jason Kenney was appointed Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism on October 30, 2008. He was reappointed to the portfolio on May 18, 2011 and given the added responsibility of Chair of the Cabinet Committee on Operations. The committee provides day-to-day coordination of the government’s agenda, including issues management, legislation and house planning, and communications.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
I definitely don't think you're bad at all in writing. You really have nice and simple choice of words to express yourself. May be you should initiate this and we will be with you.
Thank you Srinivas Vadapalli. I take it as a compliments ;). However, I prefer someone more capable of English writing to step up to do this. If not, I won't push aside the responsiblity as I believe this is to fight for fair game. I have waited over 50 days for sponsorship and I know my case probably will be dealt with within another 30 days (if I am not too positive). However, I just cannot bear what CIC's unfair practice to all applicants.

Can some one also suggest a way to initiate online petition? Many thanks

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
liuminparis said:
Thank you Srinivas Vadapalli. I take it as a compliments ;). However, I prefer someone more capable of English writing to step up to do this. If not, I won't push aside the responsiblity as I believe this is to fight for fair game. I have waited over 50 days for sponsorship and I know my case probably will be dealt with within another 30 days (if I am not too positive). However, I just cannot bear what CIC's unfair practice to all applicants.

Can some one also suggest a way to initiate online petition? Many thanks
If my english was good, I would start it.
I am not allowed to post link, so you can copy and past in yoyr browser:
change.org/start-a-petition?utm_source=petitiononline&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sap

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madmtl said:
If my english was good, I would start it.
I am not allowed to post link, so you can copy and past in yoyr browser:
change.org/start-a-petition?utm_source=petitiononline&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sap
Great,
I am suggesting two things:
-if one of us has legal background would be better (I am sure there will be some on this forum, I would start a thread in that regard- I know for example a member who has legal background...)
-let us start by gathering facts that really troubled and bother us for example: the huge discrepency in website and actual applicants, the huge discrepency in agents responses, those applied at the end of jan or begining of Feb who received responses while late dec and early jan did not receive a response....CIC has to acknowledge ALL of us of receiving our applications...

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Great,
I am suggesting two things:
-if one of us has legal background would be better (I am sure there will be some on this forum, I would start a thread in that regard- I know for example a member who has legal background...)
-let us start by gathering facts that really troubled and bother us for example: the huge discrepency in website and actual applicants, the huge discrepency in agents responses, those applied at the end of jan or begining of Feb who received responses while late dec and early jan did not receive a response....CIC has to acknowledge ALL of us of receiving our applications...
Great! I am only worrying that going through legal process will take too long?

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
below is the link of online petition I have created. I plan to post this as a new topic in the forum so more people can see it.

Please have a look on the content and give me some suggestion and modification before I post it to the whole forum. All kinds of suggestions are welcome ;)

http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

Thanks

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
content of petition as below for your convenience.

all suggestion of modification are welcome!

CIC has failed its performance standard by doing the following:

1. failed to send acknowledge email after receiving applications. Only a few people received emails to acknowledge the receipt of application. Most people only are contact for the first time when their sponsorship applications are approved/declined, which is normally 8 to 10 weeks after the application was submitted.

2. failed to provide precise information of family class immigration processing time on their official website in the last 3 weeks.The family class immigration processing time was update on March 8th, 2012 as 55 days (working on applications received on January 25, 2012) and didn't change for the last three weeks. The website is clearly not showing the correct processing time.

3. failed to update each case's status in time. CIC's is very slow to update each case's actual status online. People still have to rely on mail or telephone to get information from CIC

4.CIC call centre gave irresponsible reply to applicants' inquiry regarding unfound cases and delayed process. The typical answer to past-dated cases inquiry is 'please call back in 2 or 3 weeks' time', which is not helpful at all. (please refer to the following immigration forum links for real cases:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.1395.html

The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing, erratic and IRRESPONSIBLE. CIC's poor practice has caused unnecessary anxiety among a lot of immigration applicants. It also shaked people’s trust on Government’s efficiency and honesty as CIC website is showing unreal processing time to cover their poor performance to the public and their ministry.This is certainly unfair and irresponsible treatment to immigration applicants who has followed all the government’s requirement to gather information and pay the fee.

We hereby ask the Ministry of Immigration to check CIC’s performance and improve it to reflect transparency, honesty and diligence of government’s work.