08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
ocanadaguy said:
They're probably out of paper :p I am sure that the House Of Commons will soon decide whether or not to put more in. Crazy place that CIC.. not as smooth sailing there as you might think.
*rolls eyes* ... *imagines a room where fax paper is flowing out the windows and doors while everyone at immigration naps*

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
The people who are napping are the ones who should be trying to find my app.. and a bunch of other people's too! ... it's been ages since I've sent it there.. I have grown a lot older and a lot more mature since then :) I am just waiting for the CIC processing time update.. to see what crazy date they come up with this week.. in all honesty.. it should be going up into the 70's and not staying in the 50's... that is much more realistic. I am starting to think that perhaps doing it inland might have been quicker!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
fadil80 said:
Hi,

I tried calling the number +1-613-944-4000 from outside Canada. It worked :)

Got to speak with an agent of CIC. After giving all the details, she said, there is no info about our application in the system yet. :(

Client Id is one which my wife (Sponsor) had an ID, when she was on PR status.

I m gonna keep trying today as well. Hope our application gets approved.
So glad it worked for you :) good luck!!

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Something strange happening at CIC. I sent in my application on Jan 18, 2012 and fedex indicated it was delivered at CPC-M on 19th. I called the 1-888 number today and the guy told me there is no record of my application to sponsor my wife. He sent a note to CPC-M and said they'd get back to me in 2-3 months, and if not call back then. I think we'll go insane if we've to wait another 3 months just to get the first stage approved. And why does the processing time list keep on saying 55 days (processing Jan 25 applicants) when that's clearly not the case and they haven't even opened mid-jan applications. Anyone in the same boat?

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
ocanadaguy said:
The people who are napping are the ones who should be trying to find my app.. and a bunch of other people's too! ... it's been ages since I've sent it there.. I have grown a lot older and a lot more mature since then :) I am just waiting for the CIC processing time update.. to see what crazy date they come up with this week.. in all honesty.. it should be going up into the 70's and not staying in the 50's... that is much more realistic. I am starting to think that perhaps doing it inland might have been quicker!
I'm not sure it's quicker, but inland, at least you get an open work permit right away, so it's just as good as having PR.

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
-FIREFLY- said:
Thanks guys and podkayne8 and Amanda! :D

That's funny Amanda, I too got the letter postmarked from "Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa". I wonder if that means our applications were forwarded to Ottawa or if that's just where all the letters come from.

hahaha Dr Eng X no not in French.
Mine was the same as yours, Ottawa as well! It arrived yesterday, FINALLY, and was dated March 23.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Just look at the January Spreadsheet.. it's full of people in the same boat.. this happened all of a sudden.. things were flying for us January folks then something happened and nobody's getting anything lately.. just a lucky few.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmxynnoT1qeadGJZWUlfekZUbm9YTVJuVzNFejU3eGc#gid=0

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
You know it's not too late to apply for both inside and outside and see which one gets processed first. ha ... at least you'd get an open work permit... and then if one finishes before the other, cancel the alternate application and get your money back. ;D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
mountain_pirate said:
Something strange happening at CIC. I sent in my application on Jan 18, 2012 and fedex indicated it was delivered at CPC-M on 19th. I called the 1-888 number today and the guy told me there is no record of my application to sponsor my wife. He sent a note to CPC-M and said they'd get back to me in 2-3 months, and if not call back then. I think we'll go insane if we've to wait another 3 months just to get the first stage approved. And why does the processing time list keep on saying 55 days (processing Jan 25 applicants) when that's clearly not the case and they haven't even opened mid-jan applications. Anyone in the same boat?
well, if yours is received Jan 18 and no record of it yet, then I might as well give up hope on getting a favorable answer (mine is received Jan 25) coz I am planning to call them tomorrow after they have updated the processing time today (hopefully its not Jan 25 anymore)

I am trying hard to be patient but I can't help but feel frustrated at the rate things are going. The first ones in our batch got their approvals at not exceeding 50 days and now here we are, only two weeks behind and we are already dangerously nearing 70 days.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:
*rolls eyes* ... *imagines a room where fax paper is flowing out the windows and doors while everyone at immigration naps*
How did you know? :p ::)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
It is pretty funny but from experience when calling the government or any customer service at whatever company and you select french your wait time is likely to be about half of the english side. Think about it most of canada speaks english, but they still need to give the service in french as we are a bilingual country. Food for thought!! I don't think its that crazy to think that they have agents processing the french and others processing the english apps. Just look at the timelines of some people (again not all) that sent theirs in french some in february are approved for sponsorship has anyone been approved in english? Maybe I'm wrong but i wouldn't put it pass the government to seperate it that way..
Add to this french speakers send their applications in English

madmtl said:
french or english, it has nothing to do with that; I am french speaking, and i m still waiting since jan 11. others got their approval in few weeks!
missmini said:
i think not!!!! the buffalo one the sponsor is from alberta so almost for sure not!!! and the other one, i don't know but i don't think so....the applicant is from non-French speaking country (maybe Singapore VO, noooot sure)....maybe the sponsor is from QC but even so it doesn't mean they filled in the forms in French....i'm from QC but still i filled in English (it was easier for me and also i wanted everything to be clear for both of us)....it's ok....stay sane....once the stage one is done and it reaches the VO it could b much worse....here we count weeks, there we'll count months!!! ::) but maybe now the roles inversed ;)

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
pelipeli said:
well, if yours is received Jan 18 and no record of it yet, then I might as well give up hope on getting a favorable answer (mine is received Jan 25) coz I am planning to call them tomorrow after they have updated the processing time today (hopefully its not Jan 25 anymore)

I am trying hard to be patient but I can't help but feel frustrated at the rate things are going. The first ones in our batch got their approvals at not exceeding 50 days and now here we are, only two weeks behind and we are already dangerously nearing 70 days.
I'd be interested in knowing what they tell you. But please don't give up hope yet. I've a theory (one of several factors) as to why there seems to be such a discrepancy between pre-mid jan and post mid-jan applicant. I think quite a few of CIC employees took March break. So the applicants they processed before they went on their breaks got their approvals on timely fashion and those of us unlucky ones had their applications biting dust during their week or two long breaks, plus the time to recover from hang-over and vacation aftereffects. I work for a large corporation employing thousands of people and this scenario isn't all far fetched. And with CIC being a government entity there is no accountability or having to deal with angry clients.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I wonder what caused the standstill.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mountain_pirate said:
I'd be interested in knowing what they tell you. But please don't give up hope yet. I've a theory (one of several factors) as to why there seems to be such a discrepancy between pre-mid jan and post mid-jan applicant. I think quite a few of CIC employees took March break. So the applicants they processed before they went on their breaks got their approvals on timely fashion and those of us unlucky ones had their applications biting dust during their week or two long breaks, plus the time to recover from hang-over and vacation aftereffects. I work for a large corporation employing thousands of people and this scenario isn't all far fetched. And with CIC being a government entity there is no accountability or having to deal with angry clients.
Good theory.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Yes... I forgot about March break because I worked through it... There is no such thing as march break where I work :) That theory will keep me sane for another week.