to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
:D :D :D
I left work early today because of some stomach pain.. and then just for the heck of it called CIC-M AND was really happy to hear that I was approved as my husband's sponsor and that our file has been sent to Buffalo!!

Needed that today! Too bad my husband left for the weekend and we can't celebrate together! Oh well! I'll celebrate for the both of us! (with chicken soup in bed :p )

Happy Weekend to everyone! Let the approvals keep coming!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
by the way... the letter of approval was sent by snail mail... so I wouldn't have known anything for a week or more even if I hadn't called

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Amoss said:
:D :D :D
I left work early today because of some stomach pain.. and then just for the heck of it called CIC-M AND was really happy to hear that I was approved as my husband's sponsor and that our file has been sent to Buffalo!!

Needed that today! Too bad my husband left for the weekend and we can't celebrate together! Oh well! I'll celebrate for the both of us! (with chicken soup in bed :p )

Happy Weekend to everyone! Let the approvals keep coming!
Yay! Grats Amoss!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
podkayne8 said:
Yay! Grats Amoss!
Thanks! It's so nice to hear things are moving along!

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Amoss said:
by the way... the letter of approval was sent by snail mail... so I wouldn't have known anything for a week or more even if I hadn't called
LOL You must have had my agent!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
amira_mais said:
That gave me my laugh of the day ... thanks missmini, I needed it :)

Called CIC today and the agent told me that the 55 days applies from when they OPEN your application, not when they receive it, so as my app was received on Jan 25th, I should expect an email or letter 55 days after March 19. I suggested that the website should more accurately reflect this interpretation - then people won't develop false expectations. But she insisted it should be obvious. Good lord.
It totally isn't obvious. I mean It would seem from the date they received it. Especially considering the first update on ecas tells you the exact date their office received it and NOT when they opened it. It's totally frustrating. I think they have a lot of cleaning up to do

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
podkayne8 said:
LOL You must have had my agent!
seriously! Hasn't this person entered the 21st century?? Snail mail.. what's that!?

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
-FIREFLY- said:
This is a direct quote from the CIC website. It CLEARLY states (55 days) to complete processing from the date the application is received.

"Processing Times: Family Sponsorship

This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package."

I actually called CIC for a clarification on this 3 months ago and was told the following...

It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made on the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time. Why they are contradicting themselves now is a mystery to me, but in my opinion it shows poor character, both on the part of those encouraging this spread of misinformation (policy makers) and those delivering it (the phone agents.) Personally I prefer people just be straight with me, rather than gas lighting me or suggesting I am at fault for misinterpreting their message. In business, the reasonable interpretation of advertising must be upheld, regardless of the intended message. What is government, but a very large business where every citizen is a shareholder. I'd like to see some forthright honesty, regardless of how disappointing the truth might be.

My two cents. :)
You are right, "It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made on the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time." was what they did a few years ago. It's better to issue AOR to let applicants know they receive the application and waiting for processing rather than NOTHING. I just called call centre again. I feel it's useless, they started to say they couldn't answer my question. I asked them why the online showed Jan. 25, but our application was on Jan. 18 has no record yet. "I couldn't answer your question, just wait..."

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
You are right, "It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made on the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time." was what they did a few years ago. It's better to issue AOR to let applicants know they receive the application and waiting for processing rather than NOTHING. I just called call centre again. I feel it's useless, they started to say they couldn't answer my question. I asked them why the online showed Jan. 25, but our application was on Jan. 18 has no record yet. "I couldn't answer your question, just wait..."
Although not what I would like to hear, having no answer and being able to say so politely is better than talking non-sense....I respect that agent...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
This should be the norm. Once they receive an application an AOR should be issued. The problem is the randomness and mess. It makes waiting more hard and some would go crazy if they had no way of confirming that the package was received!
There should be a general policy applied by all agents. It should not be up to the agent's mood...if he/she wish to send an AOR or not...by email or letter...

hayatz

Mar 23, 2012
Hi Everyone,
My brother sent application to sponsor his wife at this address:

Case Processing Centre Mississuaga
P.O.Box 3000 Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

After 3 months, when we did not receive anything from immigration so we called in and Canada Immigration claimed that they do not have application. Canada post mailed out and if they did not receive it we do not receive it where is the application. Did weLOST the application with all original documents? Is there anyone who can please help us what to do.
1 suggestion for Case Processing Centre that whenever you recieved any application, please contact the person and tell them that you receved the application.
Thanx

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Finally i received official confirmation from CIC-M that i am approved and my application sent to Newdelhi VO. They also sent me my wedding invitation back, looks like they don't need those.

Best of luck of all those who are still waiting for these approval....

JEFFandJANET

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2011
Doc's Request.
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-02-2012 Passport Sent.: 16-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2012 DM on ECAS...: 19-04-2012
LANDED..........
13-06-2012
hayatz said:
Hi Everyone,
My brother sent application to sponsor his wife at this address:

Case Processing Centre Mississuaga
P.O.Box 3000 Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

After 3 months, when we did not receive anything from immigration so we called in and Canada Immigration claimed that they do not have application. Canada post mailed out and if they did not receive it we do not receive it where is the application. Did weLOST the application with all original documents? Is there anyone who can please help us what to do.
1 suggestion for Case Processing Centre that whenever you recieved any application, please contact the person and tell them that you receved the application.
Thanx
Hi, sorry to hear about your loss of application. Unfortunately this is the risk someone takes when mailing through Canada Post. Should always use a courier so it can be tracked and fast as possible. Since you have been waiting more than 3 months, there is a good chance you may never see it again. First I would try a couple more times calling the call center to see if it is there. Check carefully spelling of your name etc to make sure no confusion. If they still don't have it, unfortunately you will have to refile.

hope it all works out for you. Good luck

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
JEFFandJANET said:
Hi, sorry to hear about your loss of application. Unfortunately this is the risk someone takes when mailing through Canada Post. Should always use a courier so it can be tracked and fast as possible. Since you have been waiting more than 3 months, there is a good chance you may never see it again. First I would try a couple more times calling the call center to see if it is there. Check carefully spelling of your name etc to make sure no confusion. If they still don't have it, unfortunately you will have to refile.

hope it all works out for you. Good luck
This scares me. I sent my application United States Postal Service - Priority Express International. I cannot track it. I am assuming it was turned over to Canada Post? Is Canada Post really that terrible? USPS is very good.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
This scares me. I sent my application United States Postal Service - Priority Express International. I cannot track it. I am assuming it was turned over to Canada Post? Is Canada Post really that terrible? USPS is very good.
Not really, other than their protests a while ago, it seems ok