Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
karlaF said:
Dear ********
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at the Embassy of Canada in Manila on March 12, 2012

After 182736363 sleepless nights, my PPR is finally here. :)
Congratulations!! :D

karlaF

Oct 26, 2011
Red Deer, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Passport Req..
14-03-2012 (PPR received 22-03-2012) (PP sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-06-2012 :)

sabaniga

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Germany/Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin / Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-01-2013
Congrats karlaf! That was fast!

karlaF

Oct 26, 2011
Red Deer, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Passport Req..
14-03-2012 (PPR received 22-03-2012) (PP sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-06-2012 :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
I'd love to hear how / where you all met your partners.

My husband and I have such a surprising one.
We have a mutual friend who attempted to introduce us a few years back (while I was living in Canada.) She said we were so much alike. She took me to where he worked for a surprise introduction, but we didn't see him there. Oddly enough, over the next year I thought of him a few times, reminding myself that I must make time to meet this man who's so perfect for me.
Then one day, completly out of the blue, this lovely man introduces himself to me, and about five minutes into our conversation I have the astounding realization that this is the man my friend had told me about! The crazy part is, he had no idea anyone had ever intended to introduce us.
Honestly, what are the odds of meeting someone like that? lol
We figured it was meant to be, and he moved in with me a week later. haha

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
alf+jlh said:
Awwwthanks firefly...you are too kind! I so wish to be approved already but it's fine, I know it will come soon!

I'm just heading to bootcamp...ugh...and will update the spreadsheet with the rest of your info later tonight.

And canadiangirl, my app was received on jan 11 and AOR and on feb 21 so what's that 40 days....I totally thought I'd only have to wait max 2 mre weeks t get to my 55 day mark!

I'm sure they say a lot too to end the calls....either way, sadly I can't do anything to make them go faster so I'll just try to relax and continue waiting.

;D
YEAH EXACTLY!!!!! before, following their updates and the other members' experience if they were saying the process is 30 calendar days than most people were getting the APPROVAL in 30 calendar days :-\ good old days ha?! so many things changed in 1 year it's unbelievable!!! ??? it's true that even before some were waiting longer but really small percentage...r we all case exceptions really :eek:

and everybody was suggesting that if ur date passed than u should call and call...also before the approval was done in the same day, maybe few days tops....not weeks!!! (that's why there was no point to send AOR) now it looks that they have more things to check (they did change some rules and the forms don't necessarily reflect all the changes)...and the AOR thing is really new, they started sending it since the process went so up...i guess not all officers follow it ::)...all i can think of is that they really do have lots of applications

congrats karla that was so fast!!! u'll probably b in Canada while some of us r still waiting for the sponsor letter; OMG if u had so many sleepless nights what abt us...we should write a number which was not invented yet :p

abt the military thing, vignes don't worry i don't think it matters too much if the sponsor is in military...it's the Canadian military so they shouldn't have anything against that LOL the military could become an issue for the applicant, so more security and background checks could be done depending in which country he served and also if he served during war time, etc....

good luck all!!! try to keep urselves busy with other things too :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:

We have a mutual friend who attempted to introduce us a few years back (while I was living in Canada.) She said we were so much alike. She took me to where he worked for a surprise introduction, but we didn't see him there. Oddly enough, over the next year I thought of him a few times, reminding myself that I must make time to meet this man who's so perfect for me.
Then one day, completly out of the blue, this lovely man introduces himself to me, and about five minutes into our conversation I have the astounding realization that this is the man my friend had told me about! The crazy part is, he had no idea anyone had ever intended to introduce us.
I'm sitting at the airport in niagara falls waiting for my now delayed flight...what's with me and delays eh, lol... When you are only visiting for 3 days waiting another 40 mins to see my love is gut wrenching.

Anyway, my husband and I have a great story. 4 years agoi was on vacation with a bunch of friends in Aruba, he was there for work. He caught my eye, tall, blonde and handsome and he was wearing an orange shirt, couldn't miss him.

We immediately hit it off. This was in June. By November we were talking on the phone everyday and he made his first visit to Toronto the same month. Needless to say everything has worked out and we were married sept 4, 2011 in niagara falls, new York in a small ceremony with just my parents. ( big wedding to follow once he is finally in Toronto)

Another awesome story about us, in October 2010 I entered us into a content with Ben moss, a popular Canadian jewelry company. It was their 100 th anniversary. I wrote a short story about us being apart and how much I would love to marry this man I had met in Aruba 4 years prior. For 2 whole months we petitioned our friends and family all over Canada to vote for us.... With an overwhelming result of 5500 votes we came in first place in Canada and won a stunning 1 carat diamond solitaire valued at $9300, something I wear proudly each and everyday! Not only is it a symbol of his commitment to me, everyone that we know and love in Canada had a part in helping us, which means the world to me!

Side note. It's not easy for me to update the spreadsheet on my iPad....if I don't get to it this weekend I promise I'll update it Sunday when I'm home.

I hope you guys all have an amazing weekend, I have a piña colada on the beach for everyone ;D

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
-FIREFLY- said:

I love hearing these stories! Love doesn't give a crud about country borders lol. I met my husband online on a now defunct game on Facebook in Sept 2009. We became friends he convinced me to play my first real mmo, Runes of Magic. I kept denying I was a gamer lol. We have been inseparable ever since (well, virtually lol) and have been flying back and forth to see each other once a month. We were married in Vegas in May 2011. We are apart due to financial obligations basically. He actually has custody of his two kids (and yes, it sucks massively saying goodbye to my little munchkins every visit :( ) and I have mountains of bills lol. We can't really afford to survive on one income for a great length of time so we are waiting until we are farther along in the process for me to go visit and wait for PR.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
ooooh they "updated" the site....the processing days still the same, the date is still the same Jan 25th the difference is that the update date is March 19th instead of 14th....LOL this time at least they got the math right....hmmmmmmm....but our group is still behind that date :eek: i don't know how reliable their updates r anymore ::) ::) ::)

great stories ladies....i'm not really in romantic mood nowadays to write abt ours....i just thank God we somehow met (the way we did us too we think it was meant to be!!!!) and r together and i know no matter what and no matter where we'll always be :)

Amanda have a great time....don't worry abt the spreadsheet, i feel there won't b much to change in the following days i wish i'm wrong!!!!! :p

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
ooooh they "updated" the site....the processing days still the same, the date is still the same Jan 25th the difference is that the update date is March 19th instead of 14th....LOL this time at least they got the math right....hmmmmmmm....but our group is still behind that date :eek: i don't know how reliable their updates r anymore ::) ::) ::)

great stories ladies....i'm not really in romantic mood nowadays to write abt ours....i just thank God we somehow met (the way we did us too we think it was meant to be!!!!) and r together and i know no matter what and no matter where we'll always be :)

Amanda have a great time....don't worry abt the spreadsheet, i feel there won't b much to change in the following days i wish i'm wrong!!!!! :p
Unbelievable updated just the update time! The same sick game they did last couple of weeks. The ugly thing is they back dated to March 19!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
Unbelievable updated just the update time! The same sick game they did last couple of weeks. The ugly thing is they back dated to March 19!
well yeah at least finally after a few weeks of trying now they got the right math result ;) i think they had no update at all but then they realized that Jan 25 + 55 days = March 19 not whatever they had before....it's not really crazy science here ;) if they changed the processing way they should just phrase everything differently (like sending AOR for people from this date, sending approval letters for people from this day)...but with the way they have now everyone is confused and in deep fog

on a positive note, this is a good training for step 2 which for many might b much worse, longer and in darkness....but maybe not :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
missmini said:
well yeah at least finally after a few weeks of trying now they got the right math result ;) i think they had no update at all but then they realized that Jan 25 + 55 days = March 19 not whatever they had before....it's not really crazy science here ;) if they changed the processing way they should just phrase everything differently (like sending AOR for people from this date, sending approval letters for people from this day)...but with the way they have now everyone is confused and in deep fog

on a positive note, this is a good training for step 2 which for many might b much worse, longer and in darkness....but maybe not :)
I so wish we could have sent our application in january but due other things they only received it on march 2nd I hope and pray that you guys will receive you Sponsorship approvals soon that way I can be closer to getting mine! Good Luck everyone!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
alf+jlh said:
I'm sitting at the airport in niagara falls waiting for my now delayed flight...what's with me and delays eh, lol... When you are only visiting for 3 days waiting another 40 mins to see my love is gut wrenching.

Side note. It's not easy for me to update the spreadsheet on my iPad....if I don't get to it this weekend I promise I'll update it Sunday when I'm home.

I hope you guys all have an amazing weekend, I have a piña colada on the beach for everyone ;D
ooooh I miss the beach!!!! have a great time Amanda! ;D

XAVIER14

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2012
AOR Received.
02/17/2012-Approved-02/21/2012
Med's Done....
11/17/2011
Passport Req..
rcvd-04/04/2012 sent-04/ 11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/24/2012-recived-05/02/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED- 19 JUNE 2012 THANK YOU GOD...
karlaF said:
Dear ********
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at the Embassy of Canada in Manila on March 12, 2012

After 182736363 sleepless nights, my PPR is finally here. :)
Congrats karlaf!!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
OMG if u had so many sleepless nights what abt us...we should write a number which was not invented yet :p
That gave me my laugh of the day ... thanks missmini, I needed it :)

Called CIC today and the agent told me that the 55 days applies from when they OPEN your application, not when they receive it, so as my app was received on Jan 25th, I should expect an email or letter 55 days after March 19. I suggested that the website should more accurately reflect this interpretation - then people won't develop false expectations. But she insisted it should be obvious. Good lord.