waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Dr Eng X said:
curious why indians apply through gulf VO why not apply from india VO since processing times are faster
that's what i was trying to say THEY DON'T and many people in this world r trying to avoid a slow VO but still CIC is the one who decides and based on different circumstances (or just random ::) ) they sent their file to the office they think it's more "appropriate" to be sent and not to the office the person asked; not all the time at least, there's really no clear way of understanding their procedure

for the one who asked, no u don't have to send to the citizenship VO if u reside in another place; but u need to reside there (not visit) with a visa valid at least one year :) (like work or study visa)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
that's what i was trying to say THEY DON'T and many people in this world r trying to avoid a slow VO but still CIC is the one who decides and based on different circumstances (or just random ::) ) they sent their file to the office they think it's more "appropriate" to be sent and not to the office the person asked; not all the time at least, there's really no clear way of understanding their procedure

for the one who asked, no u don't have to send to the citizenship VO if u reside in another place; but u need to reside there (not visit) with a visa valid at least one year :) (like work or study visa)
That is crazy evenif they ask for the VO!! They can apply without indicating they are in gulf or they are leaving the gulf. CIC will be forced to send the application to India.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
That is crazy evenif they ask for the VO!! They can apply without indicating they are in gulf or they are leaving the gulf. CIC will be forced to send the application to India.
well that would b misrepresenting, nobody wants that - there r plenty of places where u either need to indicate ur address, addresses in the past 5 years, employers, travel history; they do know; and yeah i don't know how much they insisted to b processed to the desired VO (i guess some thought that if they just write it it's enough) but even if u insist (show that u leave soon, contract ends, etc) they might give excuses/reasons like: "been residing there for many years" or just simply "to keep the program integrity" who knows what that means....and yeah i really don't know what happens if someone has the contract terminated, has to leave and cannot enter back for an interview for example ::)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
oooooh why don't we talk abt approvals?!?!....we started other subjects cuz we r booooooored....happy 50 days for me :p :eek: LOL

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
missmini said:
oooooh why don't we talk abt approvals?!?!....we started other subjects cuz we r booooooored....happy 50 days for me :p :eek: LOL
Approval? What's that??? Lol

Day 70 for us and still no approval! If it wasn't for AOR I would have started second guessing myself as to whether we actually sent it or not.

Better news for me this week...I get to see my husband in exactly 44 hours! Now that's a count down I like...

On a lighter subject, and because I'm bored at work too, I got to take a tour of my condo which is finally almost ready after 4.5 years...the place looks awesome. Only our kitchen is installed, no floors, nothing else, but it was still awesome to be able to take some pics and send them to my husband.

Anything new and exciting in anyone else's lives?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobbi said:
Hi All! I just called the Call centre. They said they have no record of my application! The agent took note of my tracking number, my name and address. He said to call back in 1 month!! Is this a joke? They 'received' the package on Jan 24. I am terrified that it is lost! Anyone else in the same situation? Is there anyone else that sent their package around Jan 24 and no response?
It's terrible that they're asking you to call back in a month! And odd too, because I checked twice yesterday and both times was cordially encouraged to call back in one week. The 2nd agent even said: "If you haven't heard anything by next week, we'll contact Mississauga for you with pleasure to see what's going on." So take heart, call back again and again until you get a more client-friendly agent.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:

Day 70 for us and still no approval! If it wasn't for AOR I would have started second guessing myself as to whether we actually sent it or not.

Better news for me this week...I get to see my husband in exactly 44 hours! Now that's a count down I like...

On a lighter subject, and because I'm bored at work too, I got to take a tour of my condo which is finally almost ready after 4.5 years...the place looks awesome. Only our kitchen is installed, no floors, nothing else, but it was still awesome to be able to take some pics and send them to my husband.

Day 55 for me and my patience is surprisingly holding firm. Lucky you, Amanda, that your husband isn't so far away. :) Mine is 7800 miles away but I'll be seeing him in May after a separation of 5 months. Counting the days...

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
alf+jlh said:

I gotta say, if I hadn't received that AOR, I'd be less patient for sure. All I can think is that they have a mess over there or something (at CIC-M). We mailed our app on December 31st but it apparently sat in customs for 10 days... ???

that's great about your condo! It's only a matter of time :D :D

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
amira_mais said:
Day 55 for me and my patience is surprisingly holding firm. Lucky you, Amanda, that your husband isn't so far away. :) Mine is 7800 miles away but I'll be seeing him in May after a separation of 5 months. Counting the days...
I know, I feel for you guys that don't get the opportunity to see your spouses as often...plain and simple it sucks!
At least this process will allow us to be with them soon and forever!

I keep saying good things are coming, one of these days this better come true :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
alf+jlh said:

Amanda great to hear abt ur condo it definately feels like a great accomplishment :) this week here is was bleaaah: the sky always gray, some sand clouds lying around but at least it's not that hot yet...besides that routine, work and spending time with our newly adopted baby cat - really helps for the moral and forget the time :) enjoy ur time with ur hubby :)

aaa in Middle East they celebrate Mother Day today, everyone is happy and the places r decorated with flowers and nice messages; it is also officially the first day of spring, soooo enjoooooooooy :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Woohoo!!! We just got off the phone with CIC... Sponsorship was approved on the 19th of March 2012, and my application was sent off to The Sydney VO the same day, along with an acceptance letter to us!

They did mention that although that's the date that will be on our decision letter, it can take a little longer to actually send out my application, so the date is approximate.

Oh my gosh, what a relief! Now I'll check eCAS... as of last night it still said "sponsorship: in process"

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
-FIREFLY- said:
Woohoo!!! We just got off the phone with CIC... Sponsorship was approved on the 19th of March 2012, and my application was sent off to The Sydney VO the same day, along with an acceptance letter to us!

They did mention that although that's the date that will be on our decision letter, it can take a little longer to actually send out my application, so the date is approximate.

Oh my gosh, what a relief! Now I'll check eCAS... as of last night it still said "sponsorship: in process"
Awesome...congrats

c i did same thing last week and got approval...your ecase takes sometime may be day or two to reflect those changes....

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Awesome...congrats

c i did same thing last week and got approval...your ecase takes sometime may be day or two to reflect those changes....
Thanks! :D
Yes, same here, no update on eCAS... just says sponsoship in process / application received 11 Jan.

For the rest of you, it can't be long now! :D I didn't find out until day 70!... and I had to call in... no email, no letter (yet.) I'm excited to see a bunch of approvals this week! ;D

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:

Congratulations

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Dr Eng X said:
Congratulations
Thank you! We're so happy!
Sending good wishes for your speedy approval.