Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
I was inspired firefly by your good news so I decided to call...unfortunately I'm still n the que and need to continue to wait my turn.

They said if by April 16 I don't hear anything to give them a call back. I let the agent know that that's a really long time to wait again, especially when applicants after me have already been approved. She "understands" but April 16 will be 55 from the day they opened my package...so what I found interesting is that the date on e website isn't really the number of days from package received, it's more like the actual days since its been opened!

I don't necessarily believe it...not because it's been proven wrong, but because the date listed on the website says working on apps received as of jan 25.... Clearly I'm before that date.

Anyway no news to take to my husband! :'(

Congrats firefly, this is so awesome.... What's even mre exciting is that your visa office is a speedy one...you'll likely get ppr before I get approved lol...k now I'm just being a smart a$$! :p

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh said:
I was inspired firefly by your good news so I decided to call...unfortunately I'm still n the que and need to continue to wait my turn.

They said if by April 16 I don't hear anything to give them a call back. I let the agent know that that's a really long time to wait again, especially when applicants after me have already been approved. She "understands" but April 16 will be 55 from the day they opened my package...so what I found interesting is that the date on e website isn't really the number of days from package received, it's more like the actual days since its been opened!

I don't necessarily believe it...not because it's been proven wrong, but because the date listed on the website says working on apps received as of jan 25.... Clearly I'm before that date.

Congrats firefly, this is so awesome.... What's even mre exciting is that your visa office is a speedy one...you'll likely get ppr before I get approved lol...k now I'm just being a smart a$$! :p
alf+jlh Thank you!
Uchh, that must be SO frustrating. I would try calling back and request that they send an email to the person working on your application. Just say, it would really put your mind at ease. It's possible a decision has been made, but the person working on it hasn't entered the information into the database yet. Maybe they just need a little nudge. ;)
I'm sure you'll hear something good by the end of the week if you keep calling in. eCAS seems to be delayed by several days or more.
But honestly, you have nothing to worry about. You are clearly an organized person and you must have a good job to afford a condo, so if we got approval, with my husband's sporadic employment history, you're SURE to get it. I'm just sorry its taking so long for you. FRIDAY. I bet you they'll decide by then! :) Stay strong. :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh Thank you for updating my info on the spreadsheet. It feels so good to be green. :) :) :)
If you get a chance, my medicals were done on 8-NOVEMBER-2011.
I found out, I am "visa exempt", so I won't be getting a Passport Request... I don't know if you want to write "exempt" or "visa exempt" under PPR, or just leave it blank.
And we never got a written AOR, but they started processing our sponsorship on 7-MARCH-2012, in case you need that info.
My landing will be in Vancouver, BC.

LOL - I just tried to up your rating at it said "Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 168 hours." ??? haha

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
alf+jlh said:

Hnmm. How many days did it take them to open your application?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:

I agree with you...CIC site has been a reflection of which applications they started processing. The site has been longer and if it were wrongly worded they would have changed the wording. The site wording is accurate but the updated information is not very accurate.
When I looked at your sheet and others sheets, it does not normally take them long to process after opening or receiving AOR. I can understand that this is subjective since each case will be different.
What I do not understand is the randomness in AOR. I believe once they open an application, they should send AOR. It is not a case by case! It is either they are opening it or not!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Hey all,

Glad to see this thread is making progress! :) Congrats on the new approvals!
I, however have still not received anything in writing to say I was approved. And when I check ecas, it just says that they received my application January 9th...nothing, not "in progress" or sent to VO or anything! Shouldn't I have something in writing if I was approved March 9th??

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Gemini1 said:
Hey all,

Glad to see this thread is making progress! :) Congrats on the new approvals!
I, however have still not received anything in writing to say I was approved. And when I check ecas, it just says that they received my application January 9th...nothing, not "in progress" or sent to VO or anything! Shouldn't I have something in writing if I was approved March 9th??
I think they are sending letters via Canada Post, which can take around 2 weeks to arrive sometimes (within Canada) and probably longer to arrive outside Canada. Don't worry. If they say you're approved, they've sent your file to the VO around March 9th. Your application has probably arrived at the VO by now. You could call the VO and ask them if it has been received by them! :D
Here's all the contact info for Vienna:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp
I would email AND call. :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
alf+jlh Thank you for updating my info on the spreadsheet. It feels so good to be green. :) :) :)
If you get a chance, my medicals were done on 8-NOVEMBER-2011.
I found out, I am "visa exempt", so I won't be getting a Passport Request... I don't know if you want to write "exempt" or "visa exempt" under PPR, or just leave it blank.
And we never got a written AOR, but they started processing our sponsorship on 7-MARCH-2012, in case you need that info.
My landing will be in Vancouver, BC.

LOL - I just tried to up your rating at it said "Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 168 hours." ??? haha

Awwwthanks firefly...you are too kind! I so wish to be approved already but it's fine, I know it will come soon!

I'm just heading to bootcamp...ugh...and will update the spreadsheet with the rest of your info later tonight.

And canadiangirl, my app was received on jan 11 and AOR and on feb 21 so what's that 40 days....I totally thought I'd only have to wait max 2 mre weeks t get to my 55 day mark!

I'm sure they say a lot too to end the calls....either way, sadly I can't do anything to make them go faster so I'll just try to relax and continue waiting.

;D

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:
Woohoo!!! We just got off the phone with CIC... Sponsorship was approved on the 19th of March 2012, and my application was sent off to The Sydney VO the same day, along with an acceptance letter to us!

They did mention that although that's the date that will be on our decision letter, it can take a little longer to actually send out my application, so the date is approximate.

Oh my gosh, what a relief! Now I'll check eCAS... as of last night it still said "sponsorship: in process"
Wonderful news, Firefly! It's great to see some progress this week. You've given us all some hope.

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Well I just had to return home from my visit with my husband and was feeling pretty bummed until I checked my email and saw I got AOR from Buffalo. :D I know I still have a long wait, but yay they have my app and my ecas is updated to say Medicals Received, whatever that is worth! woohoo

And yay, happy to see another approval. Congrats to Firefly!

Surely this means they are moving along again and Amanda and the others waiting should hear something soon! I am so confused by what they are telling you all when you call. I thought the processing date meant applications received before that should have decisions. They really need to make the website clearer so people know better where there applications are in the process. Hang in there everyone!

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh said:
I'm just heading to bootcamp...ugh...
Bootcamp?
If you're in the military, it would explain the delay. It takes much longer to verify military info.
I hope bootcamp is code for visiting your inlaws or something and youre not actually being made to crawl through muddy brambles right now.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
Bootcamp?
If you're in the military, it would explain the delay. It takes much longer to verify military info.
I hope bootcamp is code for visiting your inlaws or something and youre not actually being made to crawl through muddy brambles right now.
That's too funny....no bootcamp is just a super hard workout at the rec centre....our app is really straightforward, I just got a slow visa officer.

Inlay visit comes this weekend when I visit my husband! Bitter sweet that my trip is only 3 days long!

Congrats podkayne!

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
Even if your in Canadian Military? My Husband is in Canadian forces..

-FIREFLY- said:
Bootcamp?

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
vignes said:
Even if your in Canadian Military? My Husband is in Canadian forces..
I'm not sure. I just know that if they are doing a security check, military ones take longer. I forget if the sponsorship form has military questions... I tknow the PR one does.

Amanda - lol

karlaF

Oct 26, 2011
Red Deer, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Passport Req..
14-03-2012 (PPR received 22-03-2012) (PP sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-06-2012 :)
Dear ********
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at the Embassy of Canada in Manila on March 12, 2012

After 182736363 sleepless nights, my PPR is finally here. :)