19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Hi,
could someone please add me to the spreadsheet. I sent in my application on Jan 18, 2012 and arrived at CPC-M on Jan 19, 2012 (according to fedex records). New Delhi VO has jurisdiction over our country.

Thanks. Best luck to all.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
This is a direct quote from the CIC website. It CLEARLY states (55 days) to complete processing from the date the application is received.

"Processing Times: Family Sponsorship

This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package."

I actually called CIC for a clarification on this 3 months ago and was told the following...

It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made on the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time. Why they are contradicting themselves now is a mystery to me, but in my opinion it shows poor character, both on the part of those encouraging this spread of misinformation (policy makers) and those delivering it (the phone agents.) Personally I prefer people just be straight with me, rather than gas lighting me or suggesting I am at fault for misinterpreting their message. In business, the reasonable interpretation of advertising must be upheld, regardless of the intended message. What is government, but a very large business where every citizen is a shareholder. I'd like to see some forthright honesty, regardless of how disappointing the truth might be.

My two cents. :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:
This is a direct quote from the CIC website. It CLEARLY states (55 days) to complete processing from the date the application is received.

This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package."

I actually called CIC for a clarification on this 3 months ago and was told the following...

It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made on the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time. Why they are contradicting themselves now is a mystery to me, but in my opinion it shows poor character, both on the part of those encouraging this spread of misinformation (policy makers) and those delivering it (the phone agents.) Personally I prefer people just be straight with me, rather than gas lighting me or suggesting I am at fault for misinterpreting their message. In business, the reasonable interpretation of advertising must be upheld, regardless of the intended message. What is government, but a very large business where every citizen is a shareholder. I'd like to see some forthright honesty, regardless of how disappointing the truth might be.

I agree and think this chaos is due to lack of government unified policy.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Don't current and past spreadsheets reflect that numbers basically match up to the number of days the website state it takes to process based on when the application is received and not opened?

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
I agree with you firefly.
The Call Centre is a bureaucratic tool. I called them 4 times and it's always the same answer: we will contact mississauga, and then nothing!
my application was received on January 11 and I received the AOR in January 31, and nothing after. what shocks me is that some people have received their sponsorpship while their application was received after Jan. 11. Then I wrote to the Minister. I know he will not read my email but at least his staff will know. I encourage you to do the same.
at least we will bombard them with emails. fill in your adress, date of birth, etc ...
Here is the email: Minister@cic.gc.ca
sorry for my english

scnoolds

Sep 25, 2011
Quebec
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 26, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 26, 2012
Hey everyone, Could i also be added to the spreadsheet. My app was sent on Jan 18th and recieved on the 20th of Jan. Rome will be the VO for this app.
Thanks,

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
I'll add the newbies to the spreadsheet by the end of the weekend...

Welcome!

scnoolds

Sep 25, 2011
Quebec
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 26, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 26, 2012
alf+jlh said:
I'll add the newbies to the spreadsheet by the end of the weekend...

Welcome!
Thanks alf+jlh !!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Don't current and past spreadsheets reflect that numbers basically match up to the number of days the website state it takes to process based on when the application is received and not opened?
Not really when I looked at December applicants; I have seen a lot of variance. You can not really tell however the wording on the site indicates step 1 processing time is for finalizing that step...

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forum mates, the Option C printout, is it really necessarry to include it with the application? By the way, what is this Option C Printout? and what is the minimum necessary income requirement for spousal sponsorship?

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
rhenanjay said:
Forum mates, the Option C printout, is it really necessarry to include it with the application? By the way, what is this Option C Printout? and what is the minimum necessary income requirement for spousal sponsorship?
Option c is an overview of your tax info and is obtained from canada revenue. It can take a couple months to receive option c frm canada revenue. The alternative is to show all tax returns and paystubs and investments for the past year, which can also take time to collect and may add to the processing time for your application when it comes time to verify multiple documents.
Unless you or your spouse have children, there is no income requiremen other than that youve received no government assistance (welfare) in the past year. e.i. is acceptable though.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
I'm really enjoying your romantic "how we met" stories! Its great to hear you've had a long time to develop a solid friendship first. I really believe that is essential to a lasting marriage. I think these hurdles and hoops we are all jumping through will either make or break a lot of relationships. It is the tough times that show us who we can count on and what a person's true character is. A lifetime is frought with challenges. Its when we each rise to that challenge that we have the opportunity to show our love through actions, not just words, and strengthen our bonds with our loved ones. So in spite of all the stress we're each experiencing, I wish you all an indellible confidence and faith in your partner, as a result.
There is a funny saying in Germany. Friends help you move. REAL friends help you move bodies.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
-FIREFLY- said:

It takes one week to open an application from the date of delivery. An application is processed and a decision made in the same day it is opened. This is (or was) the actual processing time. Why they are contradicting themselves now is a mystery to me, but in my opinion it shows poor character, both on the part of those encouraging this spread of misinformation (policy makers) and those delivering it (the phone agents.) Personally I prefer people just be straight with me, rather than gas lighting me or suggesting I am at fault for misinterpreting their message. In business, the reasonable interpretation of advertising must be upheld, regardless of the intended message. What is government, but a very large business where every citizen is a shareholder. I'd like to see some forthright honesty, regardless of how disappointing the truth might be.

YES and it used to like that ::) it's not 55 days from the opening it's 55 days of processing (getting the sponsor approval)....but that was when they were opening and making a decision the same day....now it looks it could take 2 weeks until they make one....so we might all reach the 70+ mark hmm....but why some people get AOR 2 weeks after their app was received while others got nothing even 2 months after....is this some live comedy or smthg :p

also the spreadsheets for the months before used to reflect the timelines maybe for 80% of the applicants....

and yeah what u said after abt the relationship it's soo true...this is the very big test especially for young (new) couples...this is also a way for the VO to test the relationship (especially maybe if they doubt smthg)...i noticed that from reading soo many stories here

amira glad i gave u some funny moments yesterday ;)

stay strong and patient everyone!! :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhenanjay said:
To get a free print out of option C call CRA 1-800-959-8281.
Option C is a detailed net of assessment.
It takes from 2 weeks to a month to receive it for the tax year that you have already received your net of assessment.
If you do not provide option C then provide:
a) Evidence of employment income (pay stubs) over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship
application, if you and your co-signer are employed
b) Evidence of self-employment income (statement of business activities) over the 12 months preceding the
date of your sponsorship application, if you and your co-signer are the sole owners of or partners in an
uncorporated business
c) Evidence of interest income (bank statement showing rate of interest, deposit amount and length of time
deposit held), over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application, if you and your
co-signer received interest
d) Evidence of: - investment income (e.g., dividends),
- rental income (e.g., statement of real estate rentals),
- pension income,
- special benefits income (e.g., certificate delivered by HRDC confirming payment
of maternity, parental or sickness benefits),
- other income (give details below)
received over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
YES and it used to like that ::) it's not 55 days from the opening it's 55 days of processing (getting the sponsor approval)....but that was when they were opening and making a decision the same day....now it looks it could take 2 weeks until they make one....so we might all reach the 70+ mark hmm....but why some people get AOR 2 weeks after their app was received while others got nothing even 2 months after....is this some live comedy or smthg :p

also the spreadsheets for the months before used to reflect the timelines maybe for 80% of the applicants....

and yeah what u said after abt the relationship it's soo true...this is the very big test especially for young (new) couples...this is also a way for the VO to test the relationship (especially maybe if they doubt smthg)...i noticed that from reading soo many stories here

amira glad i gave u some funny moments yesterday ;)

stay strong and patient everyone!! :)
When I used to look at CIC site in 2011 it used to say 70 days. When I saw 55days I thought great! but now I am keeping close eye I feel that is like a game. The site info do not even have proper math., not updated, the agents are confused, ... a big mess