Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
chris1302 said:
well if Trudeau wins, everyone else will have top priority and we who are in the system will have to wait.
Just like the people with express entry they get their papers in 6 month, and we who are married to canadians have to wait a f$%king 2 yrs to get approved....hahahha what a joke
What really doesn't make sense is that spouses of foreign skilled workers get in immediately, and spouses of skilled Canadian workers get in after the cows come home.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unbeleivable I know, I think after the elections Im gonna start calling my MP.

floria

Sep 28, 2015
hi dear all,

I am sponsoring my husband to PR. my status shows "3.We started processing your application on August 27, 2015" and no change since then. Today when I check, my husband's status shows "2.Medical results have been received." we submitted our application early of June aligned with Medical result. I would like to know what does this mean and what will happen next? anyone is at the same boat?
Thanks.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Checked ecas today and it was updated saying they have received my medical results... yay.
Also got my SIN number yesterday so now looking into jobs to apply for :D

What's the next step after medical results received?

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi,

Since applicants who applied in July 2015 are getting OWP, I was hoping I might get it also within this month, but I haven't gotten yet. :-(
I sent the applications on 21st July 2015 and it was received on 23rd according to courier. but since then I haven't got any messages from CIC.
I guess I just have to wait..

trojan00

Apr 3, 2015
same thing with me. They received my application on June 24. Still no OWP an so many of them got it between 85-100 days. Ill go crazy with waiting):

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
My husband just received an email from CIC today saying that they received our applications on 23rd July . I didn't get OWP yet.
I'm hoping to get a good new next week. Maybe not. Never know :p
Good luck to everyone!!

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Hello everyone! I've been having a great timing reading many posts on this thread (I am half way through), I really appreciate the help and good advice everyone is offering! Upon reading, I realize my question is more a matter of opinion, rather than a simple yes or no question, so I thought I should just post it and see your thoughts and opinions. Here it goes:

I am a Canadian citizen, and I am sponsoring my beautiful wife Laura (who is Irish) in the Family Class, spousal sponsorship. I am very confident our application will be acceptable, as we have well documented evidence of our 2 year relationship prior to our marriage last month, and it seems like an extremely straight forward scenario (no kids, previous marriages, criminal records, very smooth). She has been living with me in Calgary since July 2014, and she is here on a 2 year IEC. The question is obvious, Inland or Outland. Our scenario is not particularly difficult, but as with all of you, our decision now will affect our future in some way.

Our scenario: We don't want her to lose her ability to work, lose health care and/or collect maternity benefits. She has her dream job now, and we intend on getting pregnant ASAP. That said it's not truly the PR that it most important, (that is the ultimate goal of course) but the continuation of her ability to work, thus also collect maternity benefits and stay on Alberta Health Care. Her IEC expires July 2 2016. The advantage of outland as I fully understand is it's quick, and you can travel safely *however* there is a risk of it being declined, or delayed beyond July 2 2016. I don't mind the potential of needing an interview in London. The only current advantage to inland is the pilot program for an OWP. It seems to me there if far less risk not having a work permit of some sort beyond July 2 2016 by applying Inland, and including the OWP. We would need to travel, and I am fully aware of the risk of not being let back it, however it seems to me crossing the border with the newly acquired 2 Year OWP (pilot program) would be just the same as crossing with an IEC work permit.

Is my logic sound? Is there anything I am not considering? I think it's truly that simple for us, looking for some opinions, experiences, horror stories, etc.. to help make our decision. Thanks in advance! We will be happy to share our experience as we proceed through the process in the hope we can assist others as well!

Glen

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
Hello good people, please help.
I am applying for PR self employed program (athlete), i have everything and i am ready to send application, but the problem is ("curent country of residence" and satus.) question.
I have EU passport and i am in Canada for 5 months now like a visitor. i send the extension visitor visa, and i need to wait for answer probably 2-3 months. Generaly you can extend visitor visa 2 times with no problem, so basicilly you can stay 1,5 year in Canada.
My goal is that my PR application is processed by Ottawa, because processing time is max 12 months when you apply whitin canada.
my problem is, if i put my country in europe for "curent country of residence" question, agent will most likely send the papers back to europe, wien..where the procesing time is 40 months . i really dont want that to happen.
if i put canada in "curent country of residence" question, and i put visitor for "status" .. will they process my papers in ottawa or they will send papers back to wien? so basicilly my question is, am i qualifed to apply for PR inside Canada if i only have visitor status, and not working permit or student visa.
any help from someone that really knows this please!!!!

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
riffraff9 said:
I am applying for PR self employed program (athlete), i have everything and i am ready to send application, but the problem is ("curent country of residence" and satus.) question.
I have EU passport and i am in Canada for 5 months now like a visitor. i send the extension visitor visa, and i need to wait for answer probably 2-3 months. Generaly you can extend visitor visa 2 times with no problem, so basicilly you can stay 1,5 year in Canada.
My goal is that my PR application is processed by Ottawa, because processing time is max 12 months when you apply whitin canada.
my problem is, if i put my country in europe for "curent country of residence" question, agent will most likely send the papers back to europe, wien..where the procesing time is 40 months . i really dont want that to happen.
if i put canada in "curent country of residence" question, and i put visitor for "status" .. will they process my papers in ottawa or they will send papers back to wien? so basicilly my question is, am i qualifed to apply for PR inside Canada if i only have visitor status, and not working permit or student visa.
HI , I applied spouse sponsorship July 21st 2015 and I had student visa that was expired on 22nd July. Before I submit the spousal sponsorship apps, I applied visitor visa on July 6th. I misunderstood the processing time so I thought I could get my visitor extension before my student visa expires (July 22nd) but it took 3 months for me to get visitors visa. While I was waiting for that, I had called CIC to check my legal status in Canada, they said I am allowed to stay in Canada since I applied visa before the other one expires and by doing so my status has become implied status which allow me to stay in Canada until the decision will be made. In short, if you apply new visa before your current visa expires, it gives you implied status that allow you to stay in Canada until new visa'status decision is made (whether it's approval or rejection)
Still the best way to find out it call CIC call Centre. I hope my explanation would help you understand.
I hope my explanation would help you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yun8123 said:
HI , I applied spouse sponsorship July 21st 2015 and I had student visa that was expired on 22nd July. Before I submit the spousal sponsorship apps, I applied visitor visa on July 6th. I misunderstood the processing time so I thought I could get my visitor extension before my student visa expires (July 22nd) but it took 3 months for me to get visitors visa. While I was waiting for that, I had called CIC to check my legal status in Canada, they said I am allowed to stay in Canada since I applied visa before the other one expires and by doing so my status has become implied status which allow me to stay in Canada until the decision will be made. In short, if you apply new visa before your current visa expires, it gives you implied status that allow you to stay in Canada until new visa'status decision is made (whether it's approval or rejection)
Still the best way to find out it call CIC call Centre. I hope my explanation would help you understand.
I hope my explanation would help you.
This individual is trying to apply through the self employed immigration program (not family class). Implied status doesn't apply to him/her.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
riffraff9 said:
You would get better answers in one of the other immigration topic sections. This is for family class so won't be much help as you are not applying through family class.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
scylla said:
This individual is trying to apply through the self employed immigration program (not family class). Implied status doesn't apply to him/her.
you are right. I misunderstood.
Thanks for correction.

erinspring

Oct 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I am Canadian, sponsoring my British common law partner through inland route.

Somehow we have come up with two document checklists, which do not have the same items on them. I want to clarify we are using the right one.

imm5491e and imm5443e are the two we are confused between.

Thank you!

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Hi. July applicant here.. my work permit's gonna expire by Jan 2016.. im still wing for my OWP since my partner just got an AOR from last week. do i need to talk to my employer to ask him that can i extend my work aftr january? I've known some friends that were extended for additional 3 months.. thanks..