Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
erinspring said:
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I am Canadian, sponsoring my British common law partner through inland route.

Somehow we have come up with two document checklists, which do not have the same items on them. I want to clarify we are using the right one.

imm5491e and imm5443e are the two we are confused between.

Thank you!
IMM 5491-E is for outland applications.

You want to use IMM 5443-E. See the appropriate forms for details.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Sponsor application In process

Hi,
I have a question, and kindly if someone could shed some lite on it - i would really appreciate it.

So I applied for my Wife's Sponsorship ( Sept 2014). Today i saw that My Status on Ecas shows my application is in Process since June 2015. My Wife's Status just says Application received.
My question is, does anyone know how long does it take to process the sponsor application. How long has ur been in process before you saw any changes.

Any information is appreciated.

K

map76

Jul 15, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Re: Sponsor application In process

458_Bridge said:
Hi,
I have a question, and kindly if someone could shed some lite on it - i would really appreciate it.

So I applied for my Wife's Sponsorship ( Sept 2014). Today i saw that My Status on Ecas shows my application is in Process since June 2015. My Wife's Status just says Application received.
My question is, does anyone know how long does it take to process the sponsor application. How long has ur been in process before you saw any changes.

Any information is appreciated.

K
Hey 458_Bridge,

Seems like a lot of it has to do with luck. You can see the results/changes of people's applications from this forum in this spreadsheet.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pli=1#gid=14

I'm not allowed to post links so you'll have to add the https and :// in front of that.

Good Luck~!

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Hey thanks for the reply.

I am on that sheet and been looking regularly, but it doesn't tell when the Sponsor's processing was started. That's what i would like to know from folks in the same situation or the ones who have had their sponsorship approval.

My Sponsor file is in process from June 18th 2015. Its been 4 months. Does it usually take this long ? How long has urs taken ?

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi everyone

My husband is sponsoring me and he got an email last friday saying that CIC has recieved our application on 23july 2015 with his uci number. Im still waiting for my OWP but im not sure they will notify us on email or just mail us an work permit.
Would they just mail us without an email?

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yun8123 said:
Hi everyone

My husband is sponsoring me and he got an email last friday saying that CIC has recieved our application on 23july 2015 with his uci number. Im still waiting for my OWP but im not sure they will notify us on email or just mail us an work permit.
Would they just mail us without an email?

Thanks
The OWP will just magically arrive in your mailbox, if you qualified for it (meaning you still have legal status).
You will not get an email notification.

If your OWP application was received by CIC on 23 July, you should have your OWP by 23 November.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
458_Bridge said:
Hey thanks for the reply.

I am on that sheet and been looking regularly, but it doesn't tell when the Sponsor's processing was started. That's what i would like to know from folks in the same situation or the ones who have had their sponsorship approval.

My Sponsor file is in process from June 18th 2015. Its been 4 months. Does it usually take this long ? How long has urs taken ?
I am in your timeline- date application received, Sept. 16th, 2014. The date we could see our application in ecas is the same as it was shown In process on sponsor's side - May 19th, 2015. Also this was the same day we received second AOR. SA was received on Sept. 27th. Same day-request for additional docs. I don't know if there is any relation between these facts.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
The OWP will just magically arrive in your mailbox, if you qualified for it (meaning you still have legal status).
You will not get an email notification.

If your OWP application was received by CIC on 23 July, you should have your OWP by 23 November.
Hi, Thanks for the reply!
Now I should check my mailbox everyday wishing miracles! :p

trojan00

Apr 3, 2015
Hello, they receive my application on June 24,2015. My spouse get AOR but still no OWP for me. Crazy with waiting!!
Is there any June applicant who still didn't receive OWP?

Could you add me on timeline?

Application sent : June 20 2015
Application received: June 24 2015
Medicals: Done
AOR: August 28
Criminal Check: Sent with application
OWP application: Sent with PR application
Current Residence: Toronto
Visa office: Mississauga office
Origin Country : Croatia

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
chris1302 said:
well if Trudeau wins, everyone else will have top priority and we who are in the system will have to wait.
Just like the people with express entry they get their papers in 6 month, and we who are married to canadians have to wait a f$%king 2 yrs to get approved....hahahha what a joke
Arrrgh looks like Trudeau is going to win.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello people.Someone know where to send my copy of OWP to upddate my health card?Recently i visited hospital and i got letter that my PHN number expired,i got OWP last month.I already call number but waiting is too long.Thank you

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi,

I just realised that I didn't pay the full amount of OWP($255) when I submitted applications.
I called CIC and the agent said wait until November(I submitted on July) then Mississauga will contact us whether re-submit the forms or asking extra payment. I was hoping to get them soon because it seems people who applied similar period are getting OWP recently.
It is frustrating... :( I just hope it wouldn't delay my permit too long.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yun8123 said:
Hi,

I just realised that I didn't pay the full amount of OWP($255) when I submitted applications.
I called CIC and the agent said wait until November(I submitted on July) then Mississauga will contact us whether re-submit the forms or asking extra payment. I was hoping to get them soon because it seems people who applied similar period are getting OWP recently.
It is frustrating... :( I just hope it wouldn't delay my permit too long.
Most people that have paid the incorrect amount have had their OWP returned and must re-submit it again, with the new receipt. The OWP processing time starts all over again, but...maybe you'l get lucky.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
now a quick question...let's say that your PR application has to be returned to you because let's say you forgot to attach a form or paid the incorrect amount, does that mean that the OWP application gets returned automatically as well or these are 2 separate applications each treated by a different department?