Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
arump said:
I hope anyone can help me. My case is:

I submit my PR Inland Family Sponsorship on August 28, 2014, got the AOR on th 19 Sep 2014, and send my medical check and OWP on Oct 15, 2014.

Only this week I received letter from CIC with my PR application being return of incomplete application as the following requested to resubmit with the following document:
1. Provide current and completed Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM1344 08/2014) bearing signature.
2. Provide Current and completed sponsorship evaluation (IMM5481) bearing signature. --for this one I have submit the sponsorship evaluation, but why did they ask again, what did I do wrong
3. Proof of payment of the processing fee. I was only submit the 550 cad (processing application) what else do I need to submit?

Please anyone help.

Thank you,

Arum S
I'm sorry for that happened. Make sure when you are sending your app again that every form is the most recent and signed at the right place. If you paid the Sponsorship application and Principal applicant fee, than you don't have to worry about that just send the receipt again. Try to get a copy of your medical from your doctor and send it. If your police check is expired, send it anyway with an explanation letter, but order a new one.
I don't know what will happen with your OWP, I'm afraid that CIC won't be able to join that up with your new PR app.

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
sophieee said:
I'm sorry for that happened. Make sure when you are sending your app again that every form is the most recent and signed at the right place. If you paid the Sponsorship application and Principal applicant fee, than you don't have to worry about that just send the receipt again. Try to get a copy of your medical from your doctor and send it. If your police check is expired, send it anyway with an explanation letter, but order a new one.
I don't know what will happen with your OWP, I'm afraid that CIC won't be able to join that up with your new PR app.
I am so angry right now. The same happened to us. We got AOR almost 2 months ago but got the application package 2 days ago.

Anyways ... I want to sent it to be processed in Ankara. The average processing time (according to the Ankara sponsorship Excel sheet in the forum) is around 5 months. But the CIC website says 14 months (which I think is the combination of processing times for different types of applications).

I don't know if sending it to Ankara is a good idea!?

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Did they say why they returned the package, was it outdated forms or was it missing forms or missing signatures. I am trying to determine if they are sending packages back for legitimate reasons.

arnina84 said:
I am so angry right now. The same happened to us. We got AOR almost 2 months ago but got the application package 2 days ago.

Anyways ... I want to sent it to be processed in Ankara. The average processing time (according to the Ankara sponsorship Excel sheet in the forum) is around 5 months. But the CIC website says 14 months (which I think is the combination of processing times for different types of applications).

I don't know if sending it to Ankara is a good idea!?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Sophia_N said:
So I went to the border tonight and got my visitor extension for 12 months and some good advice, all free of charge. Take that CIC call centres. :D
Awesome! Strangely, even though I always had some border anxiety, during this process the officers at Canada customs have only been helpful.

I know, it sounds so weird but it's true!

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Hey all,

So I think my husband and I are going to pull his application and resubmit Outland. It will probably cost us more money, but with absolutely no certainty of our application even being looked at before next summer, it seems the right thing to do.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
PixieDuster said:
Hey all,

So I think my husband and I are going to pull his application and resubmit Outland. It will probably cost us more money, but with absolutely no certainty of our application even being looked at before next summer, it seems the right thing to do.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!
I also withdrew my inland app. and reapplied Outland, best decision we ever made. You can use your old reciepts by the way, you don't have to pay twice.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
alicia13 said:
I also withdrew my inland app. and reapplied Outland, best decision we ever made. You can use your old reciepts by the way, you don't have to pay twice.
No, we know that - but we'll have to order all new police checks and translations.

I just checked the Paris Office thread to find someone who had submitted their application (outland) the same time we did, and has a Decision Made already. Siigh.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
alicia13 said:
I was told that we wouldn't get an OWP any faster by re-applying outland, were they just blowing smoke?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Site has finally updated again, they're processing August 20th now.

I can't believe it, only 3 days in 3 weeks.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
I was told that we wouldn't get an OWP any faster by re-applying outland, were they just blowing smoke?
Outland applicants can't get OWP before becoming PR, but a lot of outland VO are processing the applications faster than the first stage of the inland.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all, I have a question about our returned application.

My husband (Canadian) and I (Amercan) applied inland on Sep 3 2014. We got AOR on Oct 3 2014. We just received our ENTIRE package back with a letter dated Nov 12 2014. The letter says that our IMM 1344 is outdated (it was) and that we needed to submit the current (Aug 2014) form. We plan on doing this and getting it back in the mail to CPC-M tomorrow (Nov 18 2014).

We are confused and panicking, so here are my questions:
1. My police record check is dated Jul 27 2014. Apparently they're only good for 3 months after you receive them, so it was current when we sent in our app the FIRST time, but during the 2 AND A HALF MONTHS it took CIC to realize one of our forms was outdated, it expired. Same goes for my medical exam (Jul 2014 also). If we send our app back with the letter they sent us, the corrected/current IMM 1344 form, and our own letter of explanation, will our app be denied or returned AGAIN? Or are the police/medical forms still good because of the date we originally sent our package in? All the other forms in our original app appear to be current.

2. We paid the total $1040 fee online by Credit Card on Sep 3 2014, the day we mailed the app. The credit card was charged immediately. The proof of payment forms are in our original app that they sent back to us. Can we just keep them in the package or do we have to pay AGAIN? I hope not.

3. When we send the app back, is it going to take another month to get AOR again, and another month and a half after that for them to review it and see if anything is outdated AGAIN? Everything is 100% complete and current now, but I worry the forms will be updated/outdated while it's sitting in the box collecting dust.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. Please help!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhook said:

My husband (Canadian) and I (Amercan) applied inland on Sep 3 2014. We got AOR on Oct 3 2014. We just received our ENTIRE package back with a letter dated Nov 12 2014. The letter says that our IMM 1344 is outdated (it was) and that we needed to submit the current (Aug 2014) form. We plan on doing this and getting it back in the mail to CPC-M tomorrow (Nov 18 2014).

1. My police record check is dated Jul 27 2014. Apparently they're only good for 3 months after you receive them, so it was current when we sent in our app the FIRST time, but during the 2 AND A HALF MONTHS it took CIC to realize one of our forms was outdated, it expired. Same goes for my medical exam (Jul 2014 also). If we send our app back with the letter they sent us, the corrected/current IMM 1344 form, and our own letter of explanation, will our app be denied or returned AGAIN? Or are the police/medical forms still good because of the date we originally sent our package in? All the other forms in our original app appear to be current.

2. We paid the total $1040 fee online by Credit Card on Sep 3 2014, the day we mailed the app. The credit card was charged immediately. The proof of payment forms are in our original app that they sent back to us. Can we just keep them in the package or do we have to pay AGAIN? I hope not.

3. When we send the app back, is it going to take another month to get AOR again, and another month and a half after that for them to review it and see if anything is outdated AGAIN? Everything is 100% complete and current now, but I worry the forms will be updated/outdated while it's sitting in the box collecting dust.

I am curious as to why you used the outdated version because the new form was released in August and your application was sent and received end of Aug and beginning of September? I heard that they will put your file in the old order (as per your Sep 2014 AOR) if you include the new form with all existing forms and info and with a cover letter). Wish you all the best. If your spouse is American you should consider Outland route because you can complete the process in 6 mths :)

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
civic said:
I am curious as to why you used the outdated version because the new form was released in August and your application was sent and received end of Aug and beginning of September? I heard that they will put your file in the old order (as per your Sep 2014 AOR) if you include the new form with all existing forms and info and with a cover letter). Wish you all the best. If your spouse is American you should consider Outland route because you can complete the process in 6 mths :)
I am American and living in Ottawa indefinitely since January 2014. CIC and border agents told us many, many times to apply Inland because of that. If we were to withdraw our Inland application and apply outland, would the $1040 we spent for the Inland application fees be wasted? We don't have the money to do it all again. It took us 9 months to get it together as it is, because I can't work in Canada yet (obviously) without OWP.

We sent out application on Sep 3, but we were filling out forms that were emailed to us specifically from a CIC agent we spoke to over the phone. We basically called them in April and said "Which app should we do? Which forms do we need?" because we were very confused, and the agent sent us "everything we needed"....which apparently included outdated forms. It's our fault for not double checking that the forms online were the same as the ones the agent emailed us, but it also stinks that we're now delayed for months because the agent messed up....

susana

Nov 4, 2008
mhook said:
I am American and living in Ottawa indefinitely since January 2014. CIC and border agents told us many, many times to apply Inland because of that. If we were to withdraw our Inland application and apply outland, would the $1040 we spent for the Inland application fees be wasted? We don't have the money to do it all again. It took us 9 months to get it together as it is, because I can't work in Canada yet (obviously) without OWP.

We sent out application on Sep 3, but we were filling out forms that were emailed to us specifically from a CIC agent we spoke to over the phone. We basically called them in April and said "Which app should we do? Which forms do we need?" because we were very confused, and the agent sent us "everything we needed"....which apparently included outdated forms. It's our fault for not double checking that the forms online were the same as the ones the agent emailed us, but it also stinks that we're now delayed for months because the agent messed up....
Do you have a legal status in Canada? as you mentioned you have been living in Canada since January, did you apply to extend your stay in July ? if not you are out of status and it would be better to submit inland. If you have a visitor record, fill out the outland forms and re-submit. The medicals are valid for a year, you don't have to pay again as the receipt you had is either for outland or inland, your application was not processed or refused, so fees were not applied yet to your application. About the FBI clearance, submit the same you have, if CIC wants you to update the PCC, they will request it. If you submit Inland, they will honor the date stamped in your application.

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
It may be faster to apply outland...you can use the same receipt number you used for the inland...read the threads above. Resubmitting inland may put you at the back of the queue.

They didnt ask you to resubmit a single form they sent the whole package back...there were 3 forms that were updated in august...so you would likely need to resubmit those along with the now expired police record...medical is good for a year...if your outland is processed quickly you may not need to re- do but I am not sure...maybe talk to an immigration lawyer..do a free consultation with the lawyer. Best of luck

mhook said: