Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like nothing happening today. CIC is back to being a bad boy again. :-\

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
So I am pretty sure we will change our application to outland. I have explained worst case scenario and best case to my husband and I think he gets it. I talked with our consultant and she said that CIC has sent back even our application fee for the sponsorship piece. What I just don't understand is that our application was looked at a total of 3 separate times before the third time they decided it was wrong. First time they said re-sign this form... second time we got AOR and now they return everything..... Oh well I have to look at the bright side yes they wasted 4.5 months but maybe I will get it all through in the next 6 months and still be sooner than the original first stage time we had when we turned it in in May.

YanTran

Oct 2, 2014
Hi everybody,
I sent my Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada (spouse in canada class) 2 weeks ago. However, we didnt get AOR from CIC even the tracking number showed that they received it 2 weeks ago. Would anybody let me know how long does it usually take to get the confirmation from CIC. I'm so worried about that :(.
I came here as a visitor from June, do I need to extend my stay before 6 months expire ?_?
Thank you very much !!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YanTran said:
Hi everybody,
I sent my Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada (spouse in canada class) 2 weeks ago. However, we didnt get AOR from CIC even the tracking number showed that they received it 2 weeks ago. Would anybody let me know how long does it usually take to get the confirmation from CIC. I'm so worried about that :(.
I came here as a visitor from June, do I need to extend my stay before 6 months expire ?_?
Thank you very much !!!
Some people have to wait months before they receive their AOR, while some have reported NEVER receiving it at all. As long as you have a delivery confirmation, that is (in essence) the AOR date.

If you did not send an Open Work Permit application (OWP) along with your Inland sponsorship application, then you should extend your stay about a month before it expires. An OWP gives an Inland applicant `implied status', as long as s/he had legal status on the day that CIC received their sponsorship application and OWP application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YanTran said:
Thanks Ponga
Can I apply for the OWP online now? or i have to wait until I receive the AOR.
You're welcome.

Unfortunately, you must now wait until you have AIP (Approval in Principle) before you can submit your OWP application.
Currently, that is estimated to be ~ 13-14 months from when CIC received your Inland sponsorship application.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can anyone let me know how to withdraw the inland application if by any chance he want to leave canada due to better nnsurance and as sponser person.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
amjad3126 said:
Can anyone let me know how to withdraw the inland application if by any chance he want to leave canada due to better nnsurance and as sponser person.

Withdrawal of Application - CPC Mississauga

Please note that you can only withdraw an application before the person you are sponsoring and his family members, if applicable, are given a permanent resident visa.

If you want to cancel your sponsorship application, you must send the request by email to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario.

You can also send a letter/fax. Please include the following information:

Your name;
Your date of birth;
Your address;
The date you sent your application;
Your client ID (if you have one);
The type of application (e.g. sponsorship of my spouse);
The reason for the withdrawal; and
A copy of the E-Payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the official Receipt (IMM 5401).
Please find below the contact information for the CPC (if you mail/fax your withdrawal request, you have to write Withdrawal of Application on the envelope/fax):

General Mailing address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: (905) 803-7392

The CPC will review your request and let you know if it has been accepted. Please note that if a final decision has been made, the withdrawal request will not be accepted and you will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.

If your withdrawal request is accepted, a refund should be issued within 16 weeks.

The amount of the refund will depend on the processing stage of your application:

If the processing of your application has not yet started, you will be refunded the total amount.
If the processing of your application has started, but we have not made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, you will be refunded the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and all processing fees, but not the $75 sponsorship fee.
If the processing of your application has started and we have already made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, only the RPRF will be refunded.
Note:

If your file is overseas, you must also send your withdrawal request to the responsible visa office.
If the co-signer wishes to withdraw from the sponsorship, they must also send a copy of the Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) to CPC Mississauga with a written acknowledgement of the removal of the co-signer, which all signatories on the original Agreement (i.e., sponsor, co-signer and sponsored family member) must then initial.

YanTran

Oct 2, 2014
:( waiting love for so long to get together ... after that... waiting CIC for so long... to be lived together legally :(( >_<

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
We recently got joined auto and home policy. Would like to provide a copy to CIC. How can we do that? Got AOR in August for inland app applied in May 2014.
PLs Suggest.

Vlad1234

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 February
Doc's Request.
Send with application
YanTran said:
:( waiting love for so long to get together ... after that... waiting CIC for so long... to be lived together legally :(( >_<
And still working on applications received on July 30th....:-( taking forever :mad:

StefanoR

Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

I would like to share some updates on my case.

I am Italian, so from a Visa exempt country and I was here on a visitor visa, having status until September, but no client number.

I sent my PR application in March and got AOR by email in August. I live in BC and I then applied to join my wife's Med plan. My enrollment form was deemed incomplete because AOR was not considered sufficient proof that CIC is processing my application. They wanted also a print-out of ecas. I called CIC and they said my application was not on ecas yet, but it should be there "soon".

I haven't checked until today and there was nothing when trying with the file number (F00000000).

BUT

In the meantime I have been also looking for jobs. I got a couple of good offers which melted down as soon as I told them they would need to apply for LMO. Not nice. So I started looking for LMO-exempt jobs and finally got a part-time postdoc offer. I and my wife drove to the border (less than 1h away) the day I got the letter of employment. I got a temporary work permit (TWP) at point of entry in less than 30 min. I had with me a pile of documents, but they just looked at my passport and the letter. They actually made a mistake on the first one, so they had to cancel it and issue a new one.

With the TWP I went to service Canada and got a temporary SIN (starting with 9). I have joined MSP through my workplace group plan and added my wife and daughter as dependents. All in all, I am lucky that I can work and I am covered, but still rather upset at the length of time it is taking. I am also paid about 20% of what I was earning at my previous job. Yes, I mean 80% less. When we lived in Europe and moved around, my Canadian wife always got her permanent residence in a matter of few weeks at most.

With the TWP I got a client number. I sent an email to CPC-M to update my info and when today I checked on ECAS I got nothing with my file number BUT I got "application received" with my UCI. So, things are moving, keep your hopes up.

I do not understand why people seem so afraid of crossing the border. Officials need to have a valid reason to deny entry. They can't just say "today I had a bad day, so shall you". Of course, they can be more or less picky and deny you entry if you have reasons not to be admitted (for example, bringing fruits across the border). We went to Italy for my sister's wedding in March and had no problems. In fact, they told us to go together to the "Canadian citizens" line and asked very few, perfunctory questions.

P.S.: When we drove to the border, we thought we were smart and parked at the duty free before the checkpoint to avoid being stuck for hours with so many cars trying to go to the USA. We walked to the USA custom, "flagpoled", went to Canada customs and were done pretty quickly. Then we found out that once you enter duty free you have to cross the border even if you did not buy anything. So we were stuck in the traffic for 2-3 hours anyway.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Well today My husband told me to go ahead and let our consultant know that we would like our application to go outland since CIC has returned the whole thing for no real reason. Our consultant also said that at this time we are making the best choice. Here is to hoping it will only take 4-6 months that would be so very nice since we have already spent nearly 5 months waiting with the inland applications.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
StefanoR said:
Hi everyone,

I would like to share some updates on my case.

I am Italian, so from a Visa exempt country and I was here on a visitor visa, having status until September, but no client number.

I sent my PR application in March and got AOR by email in August. I live in BC and I then applied to join my wife's Med plan. My enrollment form was deemed incomplete because AOR was not considered sufficient proof that CIC is processing my application. They wanted also a print-out of ecas. I called CIC and they said my application was not on ecas yet, but it should be there "soon".

I haven't checked until today and there was nothing when trying with the file number (F00000000).

BUT

In the meantime I have been also looking for jobs. I got a couple of good offers which melted down as soon as I told them they would need to apply for LMO. Not nice. So I started looking for LMO-exempt jobs and finally got a part-time postdoc offer. I and my wife drove to the border (less than 1h away) the day I got the letter of employment. I got a temporary work permit (TWP) at point of entry in less than 30 min. I had with me a pile of documents, but they just looked at my passport and the letter. They actually made a mistake on the first one, so they had to cancel it and issue a new one.

With the TWP I went to service Canada and got a temporary SIN (starting with 9). I have joined MSP through my workplace group plan and added my wife and daughter as dependents. All in all, I am lucky that I can work and I am covered, but still rather upset at the length of time it is taking. I am also paid about 20% of what I was earning at my previous job. Yes, I mean 80% less. When we lived in Europe and moved around, my Canadian wife always got her permanent residence in a matter of few weeks at most.

With the TWP I got a client number. I sent an email to CPC-M to update my info and when today I checked on ECAS I got nothing with my file number BUT I got "application received" with my UCI. So, things are moving, keep your hopes up.

I do not understand why people seem so afraid of crossing the border. Officials need to have a valid reason to deny entry. They can't just say "today I had a bad day, so shall you". Of course, they can be more or less picky and deny you entry if you have reasons not to be admitted (for example, bringing fruits across the border). We went to Italy for my sister's wedding in March and had no problems. In fact, they told us to go together to the "Canadian citizens" line and asked very few, perfunctory questions.

P.S.: When we drove to the border, we thought we were smart and parked at the duty free before the checkpoint to avoid being stuck for hours with so many cars trying to go to the USA. We walked to the USA custom, "flagpoled", went to Canada customs and were done pretty quickly. Then we found out that once you enter duty free you have to cross the border even if you did not buy anything. So we were stuck in the traffic for 2-3 hours anyway.
That's so great!

Now I'm wondering though...

Were you able to get your temp work permit because you're from a visa exempt country? Or is it because of its post doc nature?