Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I can log into my E-Cas now using my application number...

When signing in I was selecting United Kingdom and Colonies instead of just ENGLAND and it worked! So I guess that was my own fault.
hi jamesdavid. When wer u able to login to ecas? I still cant login i am using the F00000000
Is that wer ur using too?

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
screech339 said:
Yes midwife services are free BUT you have to book a midwife as soon as you know you are pregnant. They get booked up rather quickly and in limited spaces.

Screech339
Yes, most people who wants midwives call to be put on the wait list as soon as they get a positive test!
And even then a lot of people don't get a spot, especially in the GTA where there are very limited numbers of midwifery practices. I had a midwife for the duration of the pregnancy and delivery but it's worth noting that if ANY intervention at all is required you have to pay an OB out of pocket. In my case it was a forceps assisted delivery so I had to pay $998 for the OB's services.

Monkeyfish said:
alicia, congratulations on your baby! What province are you in? Do you mind me asking how long you were in the hospital? In order to try to cut expenses for my birth, I'm going to refuse the epidural and try to only be in the hospital one day. Hopefully nothing goes wrong!
I'm in Ontario. Is this your first baby? I also hoped to do without the epidural but when I did decide to get it(contractions were unbearable!), it was without a doubt worth every penny!
You will only need to stay more than one night if you don't have a vaginal birth, C-section is two nights.
Do all you can to get things going yourself!
Bounce on a yoga ball, pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, spicy foods and stay as active as possible.
That's what worked for me ;D

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
missworld13 said:
who got AOR in August if u r able to check ecas... what status does it show... in my ecas it says application received on .... and medical received
hi missworld when did u submit ur application?what did u used to log into ecas the F000000000? Because we cant still log into ecas :(

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Hey Group,
I'm in a bit of shock, I'm not really sure what to do with answer that I got this morning from CiC.
Maybe someone was in the same situation!!Im really stunned.
So here it goes:
*My IEC open work permit, expired O3May 2014.
*I got married with Canadian citizen, my girlfriend forever, beginning of 2014
*We applied for spousal sponsorship in April 2014
*In april i've been working in Brazil
* I came back to canada on 5th of May got my visitor status 6 months stamp
* knowing that my visitor status will expire before i get PR I recently applied for visitor status extension IMM5708
So reply I get from CiC this morning:
I application to extend you temporary resident status has been refused-REASON
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada
submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of
the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on 03 May, 2014 and
your application was made on 27 August, 2014.
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against
you.

I know my IEC expired on 03 may, but I have temporary resident status-visitor stamp till December.
This is some nightmare.Some crazy missunderstanding.Please respond if You been in situation like this.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Maciej said:
Hey Group,
I'm in a bit of shock, I'm not really sure what to do with answer that I got this morning from CiC.
So here it goes:
* knowing that my visitor status will expire before i get PR I recently applied for visitor status extension IMM5708
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada
submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of
the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on 03 May, 2014 and
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against
you.

I know my IEC expired on 03 may, but I have temporary resident status-visitor stamp till December.
This is some nightmare.Some crazy missunderstanding.Please respond if You been in situation like this.

I am not 100% sure but I think you should have applied for restoration of status (to visitor) within 90 days of the expiry of your IEC.
I was on a work permit that expired in March 2014 and I applied for restoration in June 2014 and it was approved for another six months.
Wait for a more senior member to advise you though as this is only my very limited advice.
Maybe you should post on a new thread to garner more attention? Good luck

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
angelpot11 said:
Hi guys,

We got our AOR today yeppee !! application received 08/28/14 AOR 09/08/14. Faimily class.
I just need your inputs pls. we need to send updated passport copy can we use case specific enquiry ? or we need to mail ?
what is the number above the letter is it the File number ? or just application number ? it says application F0000000000, I ASSUMED ITS A FILE #. tHANK YOU GUYS.

angel
Congrats!:) I've added you to the spreadsheet. The many numbers starting with an F is the app number. I think you should send the copy of your new passport via snail mail to the address is given in the AOR email.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Re: Spousal Sponsorship with Working Visa: Questions!!!!!

elsabels said:
Hi everyone! First time posting and just starting this process - but I had a couple questions, if anyone could help out - I would be eternally grateful!

Background story is like most: met Canadian partner, fell in love and now working through the legal system to be together. We have read and done research regarding the different options and have narrowed it down to a few. The spousal sponsorship is definitely an option, but we were looking at a few different scenarios at least to start with.

1.) I am an American and if I were to get a working visa in Canada, could we apply for a spousal sponsorship (inland) once things get settled?
2.) I know during the inland process, you have the ability to obtain a work permit, but that could take a while. If I was in Canada on a already existing work visa, would I have to wait for the new work permit to go through or could I continue with that existing work visa?
3.) Overall, I am looking at the time period that would include me (as an American) not being able to work in Canada?

*The reason that we are considering this route is because the timeline is more flexible and it puts less pressure on us to put together a super quick wedding. We are not opposed to getting married in order to make this happen but would like to look at different options for getting things set up first and then moving ahead with the spousal sponsorship.*

Thanks in advance, this is an awesome resource and it's great to know we aren't the only ones going through this process!!
I can't give you an advise about the work permit. Looks like a good option if you can obtain one, I don't know if it would seem as a bad thing if you fail.

As for the sponsorship, every American should apply outland. With that you can became a PR in 5-6 months. With the inland process you would be facing a 13-14 months first stage (according to today's processing time), after that you could have a work permit and became a PR in an additional 0-6 months. Really, there is no reason for an American to apply inland, unless under very specific circumstances.

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
alicia13 said:
I am not 100% sure but I think you should have applied for restoration of status (to visitor) within 90 days of the expiry of your IEC.
I was on a work permit that expired in March 2014 and I applied for restoration in June 2014 and it was approved for another six months.
Wait for a more senior member to advise you though as this is only my very limited advice.
Maybe you should post on a new thread to garner more attention? Good luck
The thing is my IEC status expired while I was away in Brazil, so when I entered Canada I entered on a visitor 6months stamp.
I still have 2 months of visitor status so how can you refuse my visitor extension application based on NO STATUS????!!!
Very confused and stressed here.Thanks for reply
Clearly must be a mistake, nightmare!!

call4damie

Mar 21, 2011
Hi,
I just got all my forms back today cos IMM1344 was outdated.
I mailed the form on the 29th of July an they received it 1st of August.
Did not know they could return all forms back after getting AOR on the 20th of August.
What do I do next.
Need to confirm if it's only one form I'm refilling.
:(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maciej said:
Hey Group,
So here it goes:
you.

Reapply again with the passport stamp and sponsorship AOR.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
anng said:
hi missworld when did u submit ur application?what did u used to log into ecas the F000000000? Because we cant still log into ecas :(
I submit My applcation on july 30th and received Aug 1st... No i am not using F0000000 but I have client ID previously so I am using that to log in... I am able to see my application received and medical received.

I didnt get any AOR yet but I called CIC and found my UCI number

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
call4damie said:
Hi,
Did not know they could return all forms back after getting AOR on the 20th of August.
What do I do next.
Check with application package on CIC website, They updated some form,,, recheck if u have filled updated one or old version

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Sophiee,

I just found out that we could have applied outland while I (the applicant) am in Canada as a visitor. We'd have to go through the VO in Paris which happens to be one of the fastest in Europe, so after much consideration we have decided that, well, screw this and we'll be withdrawing our inland app to re-submit a new one on an outland basis.

Can you please remove me from the inland spreadsheet?

Cheers.

call4damie

Mar 21, 2011
missworld13 said:
Check with application package on CIC website, They updated some form,,, recheck if u have filled updated one or old version
missworld13 said:
Thanks checked the form changed august 2014.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
call4damie said:
Hi,
What do I do next.
I'm so sorry:( Unfortunately there's nothing else to do than make sure you have the most recent forms and send it again as soon as possible.