13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
not necessarily... paying taxes doesn't give someone the right to vote for changes. again, i'm not sure if this is true for canada pr's or not. usually governments have no problem taking money from people for services they are receiving. generally, the right to vote is a priviledge reserved for citizens of a country, not legal residents.
Vote, yes... but share opinions on the state of things? I don't think the lovely telephone survey herders ask if you're a citizen or not. ;)

I know what you're saying - legally, permanent residents have no say in legislative change. But I would argue they could still sway public opinion and spread awareness on relevant issues. Which I think is a more reasonable goal for this petition, really.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PixieDuster said:
Vote, yes... but share opinions on the state of things? I don't think the lovely telephone survey herders ask if you're a citizen or not. ;)

But I would argue they could still sway public opinion and spread awareness on relevant issues. Which I think is a more reasonable goal for this petition, really.
i see your point, and hopefully it will!

DRFBRA

Aug 27, 2014
Hello everyone!
My story is: I came to Canada last year as a visitor. I get here, meet my current fiance. We're living together almost a year and he is getting his PR next couple months. But my visa is expired and my application will be for a out of status spousal sponsorship when we get married. I want to do it all by myself with him, but I'm pretty confused how to do it. I don't find any guide or detailed information about how to apply this process. Seem I can't apply like a ordinary sponsorship spouse.
Someone to help? I'm pretty lost. I'm trying to know all that information before all happens, to don't will do any stupid thing with my papers.
I want to know where find the forms to my case and how to apply (I'm looking at CIC website very hard) :-X and about the open work permit that I can apply together to star work before the process finish.
THANKS already!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
PixieDuster said:

I know what you're saying - legally, permanent residents have no say in legislative change. But I would argue they could still sway public opinion and spread awareness on relevant issues. Which I think is a more reasonable goal for this petition, really.
well said !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DRFBRA said:
Hello everyone!
My story is: I came to Canada last year as a visitor. I get here, meet my current fiance. We're living together almost a year and he is getting his PR next couple months. But my visa is expired and my application will be for a out of status spousal sponsorship when we get married. I want to do it all by myself with him, but I'm pretty confused how to do it. I don't find any guide or detailed information about how to apply this process. Seem I can't apply like a ordinary sponsorship spouse.
Someone to help? I'm pretty lost. I'm trying to know all that information before all happens, to don't will do any stupid thing with my papers.
I want to know where find the forms to my case and how to apply (I'm looking at CIC website very hard) :-X and about the open work permit that I can apply together to star work before the process finish.
THANKS already!
If your fiance is just now getting his PR, he may not even be able to sponsor you at all. I believe that a PR must wait 5 years before they themselves can sponsor someone.

Hopefully, I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere around here.

Good luck!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Ponga said:
If your fiance is just now getting his PR, he may not even be able to sponsor you at all. I believe that a PR must wait 5 years before they themselves can sponsor someone.

Hopefully, I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere around here.

Good luck!
I think you are referring to the person who "sponsored/divorced or been sponsored/divorced" cant sponsor another one within 5 years.

If what you said is truth then it would be very harsh to those people who recently got PR under other category like FSW.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
A New PR no matter under what category he obtained PR, need not wait for any minimum time to sponsor someone.

EDIT: Does not apply to those who obtained PR thru Spouse category.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
DRFBRA said:
Hello everyone!
THANKS already!

If it is possible and it does not affect your spouse's ability to work ( i.e. he must be on a work permit currently and it should be valid for sometime in future and he probably has the ability to extend it ),the best thing would be to get married soon before he gets his PR or atleast when he gets his COPR, he can inform CIC that there is a change in his status and that he plans to get married and he will be adding you to his application. in this way you need not prove your relationship to cic, you will be processed as a dependent on his PR app ( CEC, FSW etc ). this is the safest and fastest route.

Trust me Inland will be a lot longer and painful. And also you can obtain a Open work permit based on his current WP just like that within a month.

DRFBRA

Aug 27, 2014
Yes! He is extending his WP this month for more 2 years and CIC most provide his PR til october.
We was wainting do get married after the end of his process because we thought maybe this could put him on trouble?!?!
This information is wonderful! I just can believe! Now I'm a little bit more lost! Start to try study all over again... and fast! Because it's reallyyyy hardd to wait more 2 years to settle down..
Innosense, thank you so much for this information! You're more than invited to my wedding! ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
innosense said:
A New PR no matter under what category he obtained PR, need not wait for any minimum time to sponsor someone.
Not entirely true.
http://www.immigration.ca/en/immigration-wiki2/48-canada-immigration/family-sponsorship-immigration/345-spousal-sponsorship-conditions.html

Since the OP posted her question in a thread in the Family Class Sponsorship forum, I figured that her partner had obtained his PR through that class as well.

Good to know that she's not going to have this problem!

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
Just a quick update as he was finally able to call in:

We received confirmation that AORs are only sent out in special circumstances (one of those being you added your email apparently - so pretty much everyone except the few of us who decided to opt out of email). She checked our receipt, his name, and his UCI with no luck, but warned us that AORs and other things like scanning the receipt or attaching documents to the UCI were not done at the same time so no need to panic...yet. She was also unable to look up things under my name because I couldn't give consent (I work 8-5 weekdays, but turns out that it's an eastern call center despite what the website says and we live in British Columbia, so I'll call in again at 5-6am). I have a hunch that when people from our time can log into ecas, we might be able to get somewhere, and until then they're not going to find anything.

On the other hand, she mentioned if something was sent in wrong, they would have likely returned it by now (I was really scared of it being rejected due to missing and having to subsitute for an option c), so possibly good news? I just hope they didn't loose it :(

Anyone else who opted out of email having any luck?

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Kieath said:
Just a quick update as he was finally able to call in:

We received confirmation that AORs are only sent out in special circumstances (one of those being you added your email apparently - so pretty much everyone except the few of us who decided to opt out of email). She checked our receipt, his name, and his UCI with no luck, but warned us that AORs and other things like scanning the receipt or attaching documents to the UCI were not done at the same time so no need to panic...yet. She was also unable to look up things under my name because I couldn't give consent (I work 8-5 weekdays, but turns out that it's an eastern call center despite what the website says and we live in British Columbia, so I'll call in again at 5-6am). I have a hunch that when people from our time can log into ecas, we might be able to get somewhere, and until then they're not going to find anything.

On the other hand, she mentioned if something was sent in wrong, they would have likely returned it by now (I was really scared of it being rejected due to missing and having to subsitute for an option c), so possibly good news? I just hope they didn't loose it :(

Anyone else who opted out of email having any luck?

As long as you fill in your email address in application package, eventually CIC will send you an email with a title like "No Rely blah blah "
Then you will find file number and enter it with applicant's name and info to get into ecas. BUT, you still can do the same with your 8-digit UCI number printed on whatever visa you had when you first enter Canada.(I did test both number when my ecas activated).

I dont understand what is "opted" in your comment but you can definitely try with UCI number. AOR letter is only an indication that your ecas is activated..but if they cant find your PR application file in the system that means your package has not been entered into their system yet.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Ponga said:
Not entirely true.
immigration.ca/en/immigration-wiki2/48-canada-immigration/family-sponsorship-immigration/345-spousal-sponsorship-conditions.html

Since the OP posted her question in a thread in the Family Class Sponsorship forum, I figured that her partner had obtained his PR through that class as well.

Good to know that she's not going to have this problem!
You are right Ponga. My bad I should not have made a broad statement. It does not apply to those who got PR through spousal sponsorship.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
innosense said:
You are right Ponga. My bad I should not have made a broad statement. It does not apply to those who got PR through spousal sponsorship.
No worries. We're all just trying to learn as we go, right?!