+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qbncouple said:
Hello everyone, I know that you have been discussing about implied status but it is still not clear to me. My wife is from a visa exempt country (so she can be here up to 6 months) however when she was here for 5 months we applied for a visitor visa extention and was granted. We then applied for inland sponsorship CIC missisagua received it on Feb 4 2014 and we have not received AOR yet. Her visa extension will expire on June 19th. Do I have to apply for another extension before May 19 since I have not received AOR and I need to apply 30 days before her visa expires?

thanks for the comments.
Yes apply again. She does NOT have implied visitor status. Keep renewing until she has recieved her OWP. (If she didnt apply for OWP then keep renewing visitor status until she recieves COPR).

The reason is, while CIC will process the application regardless of her status, CBSA could theoretically deport her if she loses status. And there may be other unnessecary difficulties that may arise, by being without status.

So keep status if at all possible.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
There is a post on the 2013 forum. Someone got an AIP from Mississauga!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my Police check and Medical back in June 2013 but I didn't send my application out until January 2014, even though that's quite a long time between those dates I better not have to do them again....

Its not my fault that the CIC are not even going to look at my application until 10 months later after sending it to them (current 1st stage processing time) as that's how far behind they are... grrrrr

2Rxist

Jul 18, 2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I did my Police check and Medical back in June 2013 but I didn't send my application out until January 2014, even though that's quite a long time between those dates I better not have to do them again....

Its not my fault that the CIC are not even going to look at my application until 10 months later after sending it to them (current 1st stage processing time) as that's how far behind they are... grrrrr
I'm in the exact same boat! My wife got her police check done June 2013 in her home country, we sent our app Jan 2014.. There is no possible way for her to get new ones from her country (she has to be there in person apparently) so fingers crossed we get a nice CIC officer

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

according to the CIC, the PCC must not be issued more than 3 months before the applications. any reason you waited that long to send application?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#police_cert

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
according to the CIC, the PCC must not be issued more than 3 months before the applications. any reason you waited that long to send application?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#police_cert
It just took a long time for me to complete the application, I have heard though if you are young with no major health issues it can still be OK for up to 1 year, all depends on the CIC officer who's processing your application I think.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
It just took a long time for me to complete the application, I have heard though if you are young with no major health issues it can still be OK for up to 1 year, all depends on the CIC officer who's processing your application I think.
medical is valid for a year, PCC is not (according to CIC). they don't like it if it's too old. but they can sometimes ignore such small discrepancies. so just think positive.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

You will most definitely need the PCC again...and quite possibly the medical too.

It's not CIC's fault that you waited 7 months to send your application.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Ponga said:
You will most definitely need the PCC again...and quite possibly the medical too.

It's not CIC's fault that you waited 7 months to send your application.
Unfortunately, I agree. According to the CIC instruction sheet (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#police_cert), it says:
The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.
My spouse's was issued mid-October, so we had to rush to file after getting married (the wedding was already set in Dec), which is why I prepped everything and filed right after (end of Dec). It wasn't easy, and I had to send the marriage cert afterwards because there was no way to have it in time.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
My permanent resident application was received in Mississauga today. how long after would I have to wait before I get an AOR?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omariewk1 said:
My permanent resident application was received in Mississauga today. how long after would I have to wait before I get an AOR?
You may not ever receive an official AOR, but don't worry; your AOR is the same day that the application was received by CIC. If you tracked the application and have confirmation that it was delivered, that's your own AOR.

Most people that have received AOR, got them ~30-45 days after they mailed their Inland applications.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaibraza said:
How much is the fee for an inland sponsorship application?
$1040 total

$75- Sponsor's fee
$475- Applicant's fee
$490- RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee)

You must pay the $550 when you submit the application. The RPRF can be paid at a later date.