London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cioannou said:
Never mind - just saw the note that says that if you're being sponsored within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Do you think they'll send back my application for that? I really hope not.
If that was the only error, probably not...

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Ponga said:
With the change of location for all Inland applications now being Mississauga, I suggest you call CIC and ask one of their highly trained call centre agents about this. There has been much discussion about this issue in this forum and people are getting conflicting information.

Prior to Jan 17, 2014 an OWP could be submitted with an Inland applications, since both applications were processed at the same location (different buildings). Now, your Inland application goes to Mississauga, but they do NOT process OWP applications there...those are still being processed in Vegreville. So, for that simple reason, you cannot send them together any longer. Plus, the OWP application can't even be processed until you have your AIP (Approval In Principle), otherwise it would be denied. You should write in bold letters, across the top of the first page, `OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP. PROCESS AFTER AIP'

The form that you want is IMM5710, but again...call CIC first to see if this really does give you the implied status that you're asking about. If it turns out that you are told that you have to wait until you have AIP before you can submit the OWP (which is what others here have reported recently) this may NOT give a person implied status any longer.
TYhis information is incorrect. The governement shows on the instructions huide (which they updated along with the check list in january) that everything is the same. The only change is the address where you need to send your application. Mississauga did not do in canada application before either for spousal now they do. Things change. But you can still send you OWP application with your application it says it right on the website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=254&t=17

Also, I asked the CIC agents all 4 times we have called since they changed it. They all confirmed it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tica1008 said:
TYhis information is incorrect. The governement shows on the instructions huide (which they updated along with the check list in january) that everything is the same. The only change is the address where you need to send your application. Mississauga did not do in canada application before either for spousal now they do. Things change. But you can still send you OWP application with your application it says it right on the website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=254&t=17

Also, I asked the CIC agents all 4 times we have called since they changed it. They all confirmed it.
Did you happen to notice this, from the link that you were kind enough to provide:
Date Modified: 2013-08-16

These changes took place in January of this year, so the information that you shared may or may not be current.

In the old days, a person could put everything in one envelope (or box for some) and send it to Vegreville. Now, it appears that they have to send two separate envelopes to two different locations.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like implied status is still available for some after all:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/keeping-my-work-permit-active-until-process-is-done-implied-status-t190124.0.html;msg2974674#msg2974674

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
tarina said:
Just called CIC, too! The agent told me I am on implied status when they receive my OWP app before my visa expires. And he said I dont need to extend visa. I sent OWP app together with the Sponsorship application. Just hopefull my application wont be sent back, as my visa expires the 26th of this month!
To be on safe side, i highly recommend you to apply for visa extension. My app was sent back because the form was outdated. (How the heck would I know before the send the thing back). even with lawyer can have the same chance of mistake.(hey, this is Canada. dont expect much)

100 dollar can save many unnecessary troubles !

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Amazingsho said:
To be on safe side, i highly recommend you to apply for visa extension. My app was sent back because the form was outdated. (How the heck would I know before the send the thing back). even with lawyer can have the same chance of mistake.(hey, this is Canada. dont expect much)

100 dollar can save many unnecessary troubles !
Thinking of that too but my spouse told me not to over think and stressed too much, we are gonna deal whatever happens. If it will sent back we have the option to restore the status or correct in 90 days after it expires.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Ponga said:
Did you happen to notice this, from the link that you were kind enough to provide:
Date Modified: 2013-08-16

These changes took place in January of this year, so the information that you shared may or may not be current.

In the old days, a person could put everything in one envelope (or box for some) and send it to Vegreville. Now, it appears that they have to send two separate envelopes to two different locations.
Yes I noticed, but they wont update it unless there are changes and there was never a change on wether you can send you owp application with your pr application. It was people freaking out about the CPC M being the new VO for inland applications.

At least now everyone can have peace of mind.

:) :)

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Smsm81 said:
Plz try to calculate how long it will take to match up with your documents and inform us :)
My additional documents (marriage cert) arrived today at the Mississauga courier address, and was signed for by one "N NANKISSOOR".

I will wait probably 2-3 weeks, and then order the notes to see if it was joined up with my app.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
hwanlj said:
So nobody has got AORs again this week..? Lol
Not on my end hwanji,

I kept on checking my partner's email from CPC-M for the AOR since it's been more than 30 days since they received my application. I will be calling at the end of the month since I have a Police Certificate from the Philippines that needs to be submitted and it's only good for 90 days. I'm hoping I will know my file number soon, if not I will call CIC everyday.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Not on my end hwanji,

I kept on checking my partner's email from CPC-M for the AOR since it's been more than 30 days since they received my application. I will be calling at the end of the month since I have a Police Certificate from the Philippines that needs to be submitted and it's only good for 90 days. I'm hoping I will know my file number soon, if not I will call CIC everyday.
looks like CPC-M is not following the same protocol as CPC-V. has anyone contacted CIC to know if CPC-M will continue the tradition of emailing the AOR?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hwanlj said:
So nobody has got AORs again this week..? Lol
week? rather month!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
chakrab said:
looks like CPC-M is not following the same protocol as CPC-V. has anyone contacted CIC to know if CPC-M will continue the tradition of emailing the AOR?
I don't think it's that they're not following the protocol, I think it's just that they literally haven't touched any of the applications. Perhaps after all the apps have been sent from CPC-V they will start processing them.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
automaton82 said:
I don't think it's that they're not following the protocol, I think it's just that they literally haven't touched any of the applications. Perhaps after all the apps have been sent from CPC-V they will start processing them.
Or maybe they won't send AOR anymore.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
sophieee said:
Or maybe they won't send AOR anymore.
I hope not, how can we send additional documents if we don't have File number? Do we need to call the CIC to get it?? Jesshhh I have PCC to send before the it will expire :(