Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
sophieee said:
There were a couple months when the applicant received the AOR instead of the sponsor, but that's still an AOR, so I don't believe that it could cause any problem.
Thank you sophiee. I cant wait till monday for a more detailed process.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Can applicant still apply for visitor visa although s/he is on implied status already?

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
sophieee said:
from Facebook (Eric Laine is in contact with Chris Day)
Great news for everybody!

I'm out of status. It's not applicable for me?

Why does CIC call it one-year pilot?
One year for entire process?

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
lsj2767 said:
Great news for everybody!

I'm out of status. It's not applicable for me?

Why does CIC call it one-year pilot?
One year for entire process?
A pilot is usually another form of saying a testing phase. Most likely they're testing this for a year to see how it works out before making it a permanent thing.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
randhawa_a said:
Thanks god now i dnt have to work illegal anymore... will get basic salary .. it is preceous gift for christmass from cic.. now we can sleep well. Congrats 8) :D
So all of these families are sitting here suffering because they're following the rules and you come out of nowhere happy that you don't have to work illegally anymore? Wow... It may seem like a "gift" to you, but people actually worked to get this to happen. Hope that you don't end up getting caught for working illegally.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Gaymer said:
So all of these families are sitting here suffering because they're following the rules and you come out of nowhere happy that you don't have to work illegally anymore? Wow... It may seem like a "gift" to you, but people actually worked to get this to happen. Hope that you don't end up getting caught for working illegally.
Lol i was just kiding... csnt control myself after that good news.. now we have chance to beat poverty and live our normal lifes.. best of luck to everyone.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
randhawa_a said:
Lol i was just kiding... csnt control myself after that good news.. now we have chance to beat poverty and live our normal lifes.. best of luck to everyone.
Oh, you were joking? My apologies then. I just never know on the Internet, so I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But yes, this is good news for all of us.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Gaymer said:
Oh, you were joking? My apologies then. I just never know on the Internet, so I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But yes, this is good news for all of us.
But i didnt understand with the term pilot program.. what is the meaning of pilot program?

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
randhawa_a said:
But i didnt understand with the term pilot program.. what is the meaning of pilot program?
Scroll up Gaymer answered that question already. He said it's a testing phase.

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
nismopinoy said:
Can applicant still apply for visitor visa although s/he is on implied status already?
Hi Nismopinoy!

I think the applicant doesn't need a visitor visa if she/he is on implied status, unless you need a health care from the government (I think applicable for Alberta only) because you can't go anywhere outside Canada if you apply inland. Correct me if I'm wrong. I restore my status as visitor and I'm still waiting for the result, I send mine last September 18, 2014.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Serenity03 said:
Scroll up Gaymer answered that question already. He said it's a testing phase.
So that mean it is temporary for the minor time or it can be permanent forever if its work. Like i have aor nd i have status, what chances to get work permit from new rule?

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Gaymer said:
A pilot is usually another form of saying a testing phase. Most likely they're testing this for a year to see how it works out before making it a permanent thing.
Aw..Thank you.

zemphir

Jun 28, 2014
sophieee said:
from Facebook (Eric Laine is in contact with Chris Day)
Eric Laine: UPDATE FROM CIC 5:00 PM ET Saturday: All people with existing spousal sponsorship will be eligible for OWP under the pilot EXCEPT those who applied without the status (out of status people). There will be some basic screening to detect frauds.

So only people who already got their AOR are eligible?
Also what does Out of Status people mean?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
zemphir said:
Eric Laine: UPDATE FROM CIC 5:00 PM ET Saturday: All people with existing spousal sponsorship will be eligible for OWP under the pilot EXCEPT those who applied without the status (out of status people). There will be some basic screening to detect frauds.

So only people who already got their AOR are eligible?
Also what does Out of Status people mean?
First, we don't know yet. I would guess that everyone who has an AOR or able to log in to eCAS and print out the pages would be able to apply. But we will see tomorrow what are the exact requirements.
Out of status means that you have no legal status. People who let run out their visitor/study/work permits and nor applied for renewal neither sent an OWP along with the PR app. Someone who has only the PR app in process and nothing else has no legal status in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sophieee said:
First, we don't know yet. I would guess that everyone who has an AOR or able to log in to eCAS and print out the pages would be able to apply. But we will see tomorrow what are the exact requirements.
Out of status means that you have no legal status. People who let run out their visitor/study/work permits and nor applied for renewal neither sent an OWP along with the PR app. Someone who has only the PR app in process and nothing else has no legal status in Canada.
I wonder if this will cause CIC to more deeply examine the status of those claiming "implied status" while waiting for their OWP?