Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
IT"S OFFICIAL NOW!!!

HI EVERYBODY,

IT's OFFICIAL NOW!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

for Detailed info, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

One Year Pilot – Issuance of open work permits to applicants for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
Summary

Effective December 22, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) applicants before the approval in principle decision is made.

Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit should complete an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (PDF, KB) (PDF, 452.86 KB) form [IMM 5710], include the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit, and submit it to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, at the following address:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

If an SCLPC applicant has already received approval in principle, they have the option of applying for an open work permit online.

New SCLPC applicants should complete a permanent residence application and an open work permit applications, include the appropriate fees, and submit both simultaneously to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

CIC will begin issuing open work permits to eligible applicants in the current SCLPC inventory. SCLPC applicants whose permanent resident applications are received after December 22, 2014 will have their application for an open work permit processed within four months of receipt of their work permit application.

Standard medical requirements for open work permits apply.

After one year, CIC will assess this pilot and determine how to most effectively process open work permits for SCLPC applicants moving forward.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: IT"S OFFICIAL NOW!!!

hwanlj said:
HI EVERYBODY,

IT's OFFICIAL NOW!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

for Detailed info, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

One Year Pilot – Issuance of open work permits to applicants for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
Summary

Effective December 22, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) applicants before the approval in principle decision is made.

After did did AOR would they write OWP in application on our forms so they know, I doubt it.

Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit should complete an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (PDF, KB) (PDF, 452.86 KB) form [IMM 5710], include the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit, and submit it to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, at the following address:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

If an SCLPC applicant has already received approval in principle, they have the option of applying for an open work permit online.

New SCLPC applicants should complete a permanent residence application and an open work permit applications, include the appropriate fees, and submit both simultaneously to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

CIC will begin issuing open work permits to eligible applicants in the current SCLPC inventory. SCLPC applicants whose permanent resident applications are received after December 22, 2014 will have their application for an open work permit processed within four months of receipt of their work permit application.

Standard medical requirements for open work permits apply.

After one year, CIC will assess this pilot and determine how to most effectively process open work permits for SCLPC applicants moving forward.
Yes we have known for a few hours now lol

Still not much information for people who applied for the OWP with their PR Application, we dont know if ours will be looked at first or even how the CIC can tell that we have a OWP with our application in the first place as I am sure they are all put inside a box together.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Re: IT"S OFFICIAL NOW!!!

Jamesdavid3 said:
Yes we have known for a few hours now lol

Still not much information for people who applied for the OWP with their PR Application, we dont know if ours will be looked at first or even how the CIC can tell that we have a OWP with our application in the first place as I am sure they are all put inside a box together.
see my last post from Eric Laine / Chris Day

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Hi guys!!

I have a doubt!!

I got my AOR on August 26th, 2014 and I am a March 3, 2014 applicant, but I did not included my OWP Application along with my PR application.

I am currently with my visitor visa expired since October 3, 2014. I applied for a restoration of status last week (within 90 days) and the CPC Vegreville got it today.

Do you think I will have any problems if I submit my application for OWP now?

I am very nervous!!

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
I am happy to see that so many people will be able to work and contribute financially to their families! But I am also worried about what this means for the processing of applications... Which is already practically non existent! How do people think this change will impact processing times? Do you think there will be a delay of months to process all the OWP's as I know there are thousands!!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Lorelai12 said:
I am happy to see that so many people will be able to work and contribute financially to their families! But I am also worried about what this means for the processing of applications... Which is already practically non existent! How do people think this change will impact processing times? Do you think there will be a delay of months to process all the OWP's as I know there are thousands!!!!
PR is processed in Mississauga and OWP is processed in Vegreville, so it shouldn't have any impact.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daniellanogli said:
Hi guys!!

I have a doubt!!

I got my AOR on August 26th, 2014 and I am a March 3, 2014 applicant, but I did not included my OWP Application along with my PR application.

I am currently with my visitor visa expired since October 3, 2014. I applied for a restoration of status last week (within 90 days) and the CPC Vegreville got it today.

Do you think I will have any problems if I submit my application for OWP now?

I am very nervous!!
I'm afraid that you have to wait till you get an answer for your restoration of status. You can try and apply now with an explanation letter but this way you can be declined.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-launches-pilot-program-for-spouses-waiting-for-permanent-residency-1.2881460?cmp=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wait time said "weeks" for those been waiting 18 months plus, and 4 mos to those who applied after Dec 22, 2014

Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!

whlee27

Sep 18, 2013
Ok, Guys. I have a question.

For new OWP policy do we need to send medical exam result?
I haven't got medical exam yet but send the OWP application along with PR application this Feb..
If i have to do medical check what is the protocol?

Thanks~

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
sophieee said:
I'm afraid that you have to wait till you get an answer for your restoration of status. You can try and apply now with an explanation letter but this way you can be declined.
Thanks Sophie!! I just spoke with a Vegreville agent and he said that if you applied for a restoration of status within the 90 days you are still eligible to apply for a OWP, the restoration of status and the OWP will be processed simultaneously !!   Good news for those who are out of status!

femago24

Oct 16, 2014
This is a great news I dont have to renew my visitor record by april 2015 and if apply now for owp I will be able to work on May which is my Maternity ends. So happy for this pilot project even my passport expire 2016 over a year of allowing to work is a big help for my family and everyone as well...

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Thanks Sophieee on the medical requirements.

My wife is currently on a TRV (visitor), which expires by end of Jan, 2015. Does that mean we now apply for OWP and will be under implied status after Jan while we waiting for work permit? I assume we no longer need to submit TRV visitor extension.

Thanks,
Tom

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Quick help plz.
In application there are four option.
1a work permit with the same employer 2. An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer
3 restoration of your status as worker 4. Temporary resident permit.
Which two i have to select?

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
In the form they are asking to attach offer from employer. What we have to do with that section. Should i leave that section blank.