Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
hwanlj said:
2. Yes, she can do her medical & send it without any request from VO. I read a lot of people asked this question....
4. Where is she from? She need to get police check from her country and any other countries she has lived for more than 6 months for the last 10 years(or since she turned 18 ). She doesn't need one from Canada.
Thanks hwanlj, she's from philippines, and she included all the police check from the country she has lived for more than 6 months

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
poppyweise said:
I know it is CPC Mississauga now. The call agent told me specifically I can send it in together. And on the website there is no official statement saying OWP cannot be sent in together. And if you say AIP, shouldn't that be after the first stage? Your first correspondence is usually the AOR then the AIP. And you are saying the AIP can be received in just 10 days? Wow. Didn't know that.
I meant to say is you can apply your Open Work Permit online if you have the AIP. It will take 10 days for the processing. I believed the AIP takes 8-9 months these days but as what I have read in the 2013 thread they received their AIP in 7 months only. I guess it's case to case basis...

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
I meant to say is you can apply your Open Work Permit online if you have the AIP. It will take 10 days for the processing. I believed the AIP takes 8-9 months these days but as what I have read in the 2013 thread they received their AIP in 7 months only. I guess it's case to case basis...
Well it's past 4pm where I am now, I will call on Monday and check again. There's no link, no official statement, whatsoever, given by the CIC. And people are saying this and that. So confusing!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
poppyweise said:
Well it's past 4pm where I am now, I will call on Monday and check again. There's no link, no official statement, whatsoever, given by the CIC. And people are saying this and that. So confusing!

I hear you, in my case. I will wait till my AIP get approved and apply online. It's very confusing sometimes but CIC agent they say different stuffs.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poppyweise said:
Part of all the `chatter' regarding OWP is the fact that the physical mailing location for Inland Sponsorship applications is no loner in Vegreville. How can two documents within one envelope be delivered to two separate provinces????

The `old' system allowed someone to in fact place their Sponsorship application and their OWP application in the same envelope, but was suggested to write (across the top of the OWP application), something like `OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION. PROCESS AFTER AIP'. Otherwise, if it was processed upon arrival, it would obviously be denied.

Now...it's certainly possible that CPC-M and CPC-V have a system in place to tell which Sponsorship applicants have if fact sent their OWP, but you have to admit that at this point...it's still a bit confusing.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Tiffyali said:
Thanks! I think I will do the same on my app.

Just now I found my last problem...and its a bit tricky and really annoying for me, sigh.
I've just realized that all my husband's name as shown on the official doc (i.e. passpot, PR card, SIN card) and all with his given name ONLY - yes, WITHOUT his last name! :eek:

I asked husband how this happend, and he said that was a stupid mistake while he renew his ID card in his original country - he didn't found the mistake at that time, and the responsible administrator didn't found this problem too! So his passport was issued with his given name only too before he came to Canada. Ever since that, he always used his given names only to apply PNP, PR and everything in Canada!

However, when we applied for our marriage licence, we use his full name on the application and now the marriage certificate is stated with his full name too!!! ..................sigh.

I think it will be necessary to enclose an explaination letter about this issue. so far only the marriage certificate and his letter of employment are stated with his full name...I got no other offcial documentation as the additional evident for his "missing" last name...

anyone have any suggestions about this akward situation for me? SIGH......

this is driving me crazy :(
How much time would it take for him to get a new passport with his real name? If you can make it in a couple weeks I would wait till I get it, and correct all of his other documents, and apply after that. If it would take too long than apply with his real name, write an explanation about the situation, but still, get a new passport as soon as you can.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
Part of all the `chatter' regarding OWP is the fact that the physical mailing location for Inland Sponsorship applications is no loner in Vegreville. How can two documents within one envelope be delivered to two separate provinces????

The `old' system allowed someone to in fact place their Sponsorship application and their OWP application in the same envelope, but was suggested to write (across the top of the OWP application), something like `OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION. PROCESS AFTER AIP'. Otherwise, if it was processed upon arrival, it would obviously be denied.

Now...it's certainly possible that CPC-M and CPC-V have a system in place to tell which Sponsorship applicants have if fact sent their OWP, but you have to admit that at this point...it's still a bit confusing.

That's the thing Ponga, but in my case, I will wait for the AIP then apply online which takes 10 days for the processing.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Goodluck to us tiffyali... Whereabouts in Canada you are? I am currently living in Nova Scotia :)
thanks Carlaganda23, i'm in BC... the place which is already behind.... =..=

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
sophieee said:
How much time would it take for him to get a new passport with his real name? If you can make it in a couple weeks I would wait till I get it, and correct all of his other documents, and apply after that. If it would take too long than apply with his real name, write an explanation about the situation, but still, get a new passport as soon as you can.
thanks sophieee for your reponse.

it would takes too long to get everything right at this time because even he got his new passport, he will need to go through another process to apply the correction of his PR card...so my husband said just write an explaintion letter. sigh.

We got our marriage certificate, bill at the same address, his letter of employment with his full name. And, i noticed that his T4 & the GST/HST refund cheque sent from the government are also stated with his full name - and he also used his full name for CRA service... i'm now waiting for his option C printout paper, and hope that will include his full name as well - just thought that is the official documents too and maybe it would help a littlte bit for me to explain...? ???

fingers crossed.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
does anyone know if I need to fill out and submit the Additional Dependents Declaration if we don't have any? it's just me and my boyfriend.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
msbozick said:
does anyone know if I need to fill out and submit the Additional Dependents Declaration if we don't have any? it's just me and my boyfriend.
No, don't submit it.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
msbozick said:
We didn't submit it.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
thanks guys! I wasn't sure if I should just submit and say n/a or something. it doesn't seem necessary but you never know! and the guide wasn't specific. :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
msbozick said:
Others says INCLUDE it and put NOT APPLICABLE, but in our case we didn't include that form. So i think its really up to you. :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you all receive your AOR's? Is it to the postal address in the application?

Mines now 39 days, so a bit longer than the Average so I'm a little worried...