Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
God be with us said:
Hi, we included the form , after writing n/a with pen. Though did not sign it.

Take care
Thanks! I think I will do the same on my app.

Just now I found my last problem...and its a bit tricky and really annoying for me, sigh.
I've just realized that all my husband's name as shown on the official doc (i.e. passpot, PR card, SIN card) and all with his given name ONLY - yes, WITHOUT his last name! :eek:

I asked husband how this happend, and he said that was a stupid mistake while he renew his ID card in his original country - he didn't found the mistake at that time, and the responsible administrator didn't found this problem too! So his passport was issued with his given name only too before he came to Canada. Ever since that, he always used his given names only to apply PNP, PR and everything in Canada!

However, when we applied for our marriage licence, we use his full name on the application and now the marriage certificate is stated with his full name too!!! ..................sigh.

I think it will be necessary to enclose an explaination letter about this issue. so far only the marriage certificate and his letter of employment are stated with his full name...I got no other offcial documentation as the additional evident for his "missing" last name...

anyone have any suggestions about this akward situation for me? SIGH......

this is driving me crazy :(

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Congrats for everyone received good news and good luck for the rest who are waiting and best of wishes for those didnt mail their APS yet like myself ;D
I have some news which I quoted from another thread. I am not sure if you already know it but no harm to post anyway.
Some of us want to mail any updates ASAP. However mailing documents can take up sometimes.
So what could be done is faxing your documents to them. Someone will ask but for whom I should fax the documents? the answers are below :)

jg84 said:
What you need to do is send the medical confirmation to them. You can send it by fax by doing this:

On the AIP you recieved, at the bottom of the second page, you will see something similar to this:

The picture is from my AIP, so it shows the officers' initials which is dealing with my case.

To send a fax to CPC Vegreville, you need the officers initials and the sponsored persons UCI Number. (If you don't include this information, they will throw the fax in the trash).

On the top of every page you send, you have to write, For the attention of MJK/I, UCI Number .............., Do that for every page you send! (Do as I have shown here but put the officers' initials shown on your AIP).

I would also include a cover page, just explaining that you are sending the confirmation for the medical results. Make sure you write the above info on the cover page also. I would also put a contact phone number on the cover page, just in-case.

Finally send it to fax number - 17806032695 (CPC Vegreville).

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
hey guys, I have a question..

I am IEC now and applying for FAM(not even AORed). My current employer wants to apply LMO for me. is there any consequence not reporting this to CPC ? or what should i do ?

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
I have some news which I quoted from another thread. I am not sure if you already know it but no harm to post anyway.
Some of us want to mail any updates ASAP. However mailing documents can take up sometimes.
So what could be done is faxing your documents to them. Someone will ask but for whom I should fax the documents? the answers are below :)
I saw your quote so I thought I would respond.

The reason I have the fax number and how to send a fax is the officer dealing with my file actually gave me a phone call. She needed some documents sending to her. She said I had to fax them to her as I only had 4 days to send them, otherwise they would send me a letter and my file would be put on hold for 4 months.

What she said was, they have a person who takes the faxes from the fax machine and gives them to the correct officer, who they are intended for. If the information for whom the fax is for is not written / made obvious. The person who collects the faxes will just throw the fax in the bin.

Once my officer got my fax, she gave me a call back, so I know she got my fax ok.

btw, I was given the fax number March 2013; so the fax number should still be good.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
processing time for step 1 is updated to 8-9 months!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
mary63 said:
processing time for step 1 is updated to 8-9 months!
That's awesome, some July 2013 applicants get their AIP in 7 months! I'm sending my app in Missassauga this coming week.

I'm praying it will be fast processing.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
That's awesome, some July 2013 applicants get their AIP in 7 months! I'm sending my app in Missassauga this coming week.

I'm praying it will be fast processing.
Carlaganda23, i will pray for you too because i'm going to send myapp in this coming week as well!! GOOD LUCK FOR US!!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Tiffyali said:
Carlaganda23, i will pray for you too because i'm going to send myapp in this coming week as well!! GOOD LUCK FOR US!!
Goodluck to us tiffyali... Whereabouts in Canada you are? I am currently living in Nova Scotia :)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I will be applying to sponsor my wife pretty soon. Currently we are collecting all documents. I was going through the Document Checklist and in the section for Proof of Income, this line confused me -

An original Option C printout of your last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year along with printouts of all income slips (e.g. T4, T4E, T5 and T5007).

Are these special documents that we have to get from CRA specifically for this application or can I just send the photocopies of the NOA and T4 I have received last year? The term 'printouts' is confusing me.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
chakrab said:
Hi all, I will be applying to sponsor my wife pretty soon. Currently we are collecting all documents. I was going through the Document Checklist and in the section for Proof of Income, this line confused me -

An original Option C printout of your last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year along with printouts of all income slips (e.g. T4, T4E, T5 and T5007).

Are these special documents that we have to get from CRA specifically for this application or can I just send the photocopies of the NOA and T4 I have received last year? The term 'printouts' is confusing me.
Call the CRA and order the Complete Print-Out C for the latest tax year... They will sent it to you in 5-10 business days

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
will it include the T4 slip as well or do I provide a photocopy for the T4 document I received from my employer?

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

After I have read from numerous replies on here about the accompanied Open Work Permit application with the PR application, I called CIC hotline and here are the results:

Q1) Will I still be able to send in my Open Work Permit application together with my PR application?
A1) Yes, definitely.

Q2) Will my application be forward to CPC Vegreville after I sent it to CPC Mississauga?
A2) No. The application will stay in CPC Mississauga.

For all those who have no idea what to do: I also asked about the medical check. If I do not send in an upfront medical check up, the instructions will be given to me by the Visa Officer to go do the examination. Instructions are normally given at Stage 2, although the VO can ask at any time. Same as with the Police Certificate (if the country needs a letter from CIC).

So I don't know how all of that OWP thing started, but I am going to trust what I heard personally from the call agent. He confirmed these answers with another call agent by the way. If you guys are not sure, a phone call to the CIC is not that difficult. The most you will have to wait for about 10 to 15 minutes.

And for those who are applying inland, please do not forget to read the Documents Checklist before you send it in! Option C printout is required. I almost sent mine in without that. You can call the CRA to get the Option C printout for any of the year you did the taxes.

Good luck!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
chakrab said:
will it include the T4 slip as well or do I provide a photocopy for the T4 document I received from my employer?
Yep include the T4 and print-out C... In my part we just sent the T4 and Print-out C...that should be enough

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
poppyweise said:
Hello all,

After I have read from numerous replies on here about the accompanied Open Work Permit application with the PR application, I called CIC hotline and here are the results:

Q1) Will I still be able to send in my Open Work Permit application together with my PR application?
A1) Yes, definitely.

Q2) Will my application be forward to CPC Vegreville after I sent it to CPC Mississauga?
A2) No. The application will stay in CPC Mississauga.

For all those who have no idea what to do: I also asked about the medical check. If I do not send in an upfront medical check up, the instructions will be given to me by the Visa Officer to go do the examination. Instructions are normally given at Stage 2, although the VO can ask at any time. Same as with the Police Certificate (if the country needs a letter from CIC).

So I don't know how all of that OWP thing started, but I am going to trust what I heard personally from the call agent. He confirmed these answers with another call agent by the way. If you guys are not sure, a phone call to the CIC is not that difficult. The most you will have to wait for about 10 to 15 minutes.

And for those who are applying inland, please do not forget to read the Documents Checklist before you send it in! Option C printout is required. I almost sent mine in without that. You can call the CRA to get the Option C printout for any of the year you did the taxes.

Good luck!
Unfortunately, in CPC-M, you can't sent an open work permit with your application. You have to wait for the initial stage of approval to be approved. They just changed it recently, somehow you can apply an Open Work permit online after you received your AIP in just 10 days. That's what the CIC agent told us when we called them few weeks ago because they changed the office. You have to send the inland application in Missassauga starting January 24th I believed.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Unfortunately, in CPC-M, you can't sent an open work permit with your application. You have to wait for the initial stage of approval to be approved. They just changed it recently, somehow you can apply an Open Work permit online after you received your AIP in just 10 days. That's what the CIC agent told us when we called them few weeks ago because they changed the office. You have to send the inland application in Missassauga starting January 24th I believed.
I know it is CPC Mississauga now. The call agent told me specifically I can send it in together. And on the website there is no official statement saying OWP cannot be sent in together. And if you say AIP, shouldn't that be after the first stage? Your first correspondence is usually the AOR then the AIP. And you are saying the AIP can be received in just 10 days? Wow. Didn't know that.