4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
screech339 said:
Are you sure? Unless CIC changed the wording of AOR email since I gotten my AOR. I still have a copy of my AOR here and there is no mention or listing of UIC assigned to my wife. Only UIC assigned to me as a sponsor.

Screech339
Does that mean the applicant will continuously using the UCI on their visa for reference and Ecas ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Amazingsho said:
Does that mean the applicant will continuously using the UCI on their visa for reference and Ecas ?
Yes. You should only be assigned a single UCI and it should be used for all dealings with CIC.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Amazingsho said:
Yes as computergeek mentioned above, this is your only special number assigned to you and no one else. This is the only number that CIC will be using when it come to any dealings with CIC. Anything from work visas, study visas, visitor visa, IEC, PGWP, even when applying for Canadian Citizenship. It will be the same number.

Screech339

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
ok thanks for the info guys.

btw do you guys see the processing time changed to 9month this morning ? it looks like CIC is picking themselves up to make us loss time for their strike =D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Amazingsho said:

btw do you guys see the processing time changed to 9month this morning ? it looks like CIC is picking themselves up to make us loss time for their strike =D
That's good news. They still need it to drop down to the usual 6 month stage to make it back to normal inland timeline.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Amazingsho said:

This is great! thanks for the update. I will apply soon and I will let everyone know how it goes. we are waiting for the tax forms...

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
**Another Update in regards to CIC Family Class and Submitting the Open Work Permit application at the same time to get "Implied Status"**

"THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PEOPLE APPLYING IN CEC, PNP, FSW OR FSTP. Some good news for FAMILY class applications! As I posted last week, CIC had changed the processing stream for those applying for permanent residence by being sponsored by a Canadian spouse or common-law partner through the IN CANADA CLASS process. You now have to submit your application to CPC Mississauga. At that time we were told by the Call Centre that they would not longer accept applications to extend temporary residence status WITH the PR application. These would include work permit extensions or visitor extensions. This caused many people to lose their opportunity to be on "implied status" and continue working in Canada. CIC has now changed their minds!!! They have informed us that they WILL accept the extension applications with the PR applications! This is excellent news! So in reality, the only thing that has changed now is the address where you send the applications! It's nice to post good news for a change."

again, not from official CIC website but from the same person who said that all before CIC made it public/official.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
**Another Update in regards to CIC Family Class and Submitting the Open Work Permit application at the same time to get "Implied Status"**

"THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PEOPLE APPLYING IN CEC, PNP, FSW OR FSTP. Some good news for FAMILY class applications! As I posted last week, CIC had changed the processing stream for those applying for permanent residence by being sponsored by a Canadian spouse or common-law partner through the IN CANADA CLASS process. You now have to submit your application to CPC Mississauga. At that time we were told by the Call Centre that they would not longer accept applications to extend temporary residence status WITH the PR application. These would include work permit extensions or visitor extensions. This caused many people to lose their opportunity to be on "implied status" and continue working in Canada. CIC has now changed their minds!!! They have informed us that they WILL accept the extension applications with the PR applications! This is excellent news! So in reality, the only thing that has changed now is the address where you send the applications! It's nice to post good news for a change."

again, not from official CIC website but from the same person who said that all before CIC made it public/official.
So...if you're stating that this information is not from the official CIC website...but later state that this was before CIC made it public/official...

Is it really official?

Either way, thanks for posting this.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Jamesdavid3 said:

As my understanding CIC has been grant those applicants with implied "visitor" status while application is being processed..
However for working, applicants need to separately apply LMO and WP until AIP (OWP issued).

If my understanding is correct, what the post trying to explain is CIC only decided to maintain status quo for implied status.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
screech339 said:
Are you sure? Unless CIC changed the wording of AOR email since I gotten my AOR. I still have a copy of my AOR here and there is no mention or listing of UIC assigned to my wife. Only UIC assigned to me as a sponsor.

Screech339
The sponsor and applicant both get a UCI, you said only the sponsor does :(

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:

Please be careful of this poster, he knowingly gives bad advice, not really sure why. Please check his profile to see all the negative ratings.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hockeyfan said:
The sponsor and applicant both get a UCI, you said only the sponsor does :(
Yes the sponsor and applicant each gets an UCI. But in the AOR email, only the sponsor's UCI is listed. The applicant's UCI is not listed in the AOR and won't get it until AIP email where the applicant's UCI is assigned. Assuming that the applicant never had a visitor record, work visa, or study visa where the applicant's UCI is already assigned.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hockeyfan said:
Please be careful of this poster, he knowingly gives bad advice, not really sure why. Please check his profile to see all the negative ratings.
excuse me, but as I have stated this is not official and I am just passing this information on...

I was the one who posted about the big changes in sending the application and OWP at the same time which is no longer sent together, if it wasn't for me a lot of people still wouldn't have known.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
hello everyone, i'm NEW here and so blessing i join this forum and found this post!

if i haven't found and gone through this post, i will have NO idea the changed of the sending address of the visa office in Mississauga!

i have had my app paperworks pretty much done and are now waiting for my hubby's option C printout and my polic records to complete my app. sent from my country. hopefully i can get those docs soon so i can send out my app soon - well, and officially enter the game of waiting... ::)

btw, while i have a quick question abt the question #4 form IMM0008 - immigration office requested fro processing this app
i've found other post says it will be Ottawa for the inland app, but i also saw some ppl says we can leave it "blank" so I have left it "blank" and I still can validated the form...can anyone help on this?

many thx for your great help!

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Tiffyali said:
hello everyone, i'm NEW here and so blessing i join this forum and found this post!

if i haven't found and gone through this post, i will have NO idea the changed of the sending address of the visa office in Mississauga!

i have had my app paperworks pretty much done and are now waiting for my hubby's option C printout and my polic records to complete my app. sent from my country. hopefully i can get those docs soon so i can send out my app soon - well, and officially enter the game of waiting... ::)

btw, while i have a quick question abt the question #4 form IMM0008 - immigration office requested fro processing this app

i've found other post says it will be Ottawa for the inland app, but i also saw some ppl says we can leave it "blank" so I have left it "blank" and I still can validated the form...can anyone help on this?

many thx for your great help!

If I'm not mistaken, you should write Cpp-Mississauga