+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
Re: New aplicant

castropolitan said:
Hello everyone, I'm about to apply and all the time was thinking to do it outland cause the restriction for travel. But my husband just get a good job and I don't want to leave him I also have a fulltime contrat .
I have been in Canada since 2013 jun, I have a work permit about to expire in Dec 03 2014. And my family is coming to USA for Christmas . So I have many questions.
You guys know how long take in general to get a work permit once you send the application. All together?
I wanna apply for a multi entry tourist visa before I apply inland, so I can meet my family in USA and back.. So apply tourist, and then over that apply PR. Can that work?
And somebody from Chile here :)
Thanks very much, someone told me that inland is shorter... But as I read here doesn't look like..
Regards
Susana

susana

Nov 4, 2008

castropolitan said:
Hello everyone, I'm about to apply and all the time was thinking to do it outland cause the restriction for travel. But my husband just get a good job and I don't want to leave him I also have a fulltime contrat .
I have been in Canada since 2013 jun, I have a work permit about to expire in Dec 03 2014. And my family is coming to USA for Christmas . So I have many questions.
You guys know how long take in general to get a work permit once you send the application. All together?
I wanna apply for a multi entry tourist visa before I apply inland, so I can meet my family in USA and back.. So apply tourist, and then over that apply PR. Can that work?
And somebody from Chile here :)
Thanks very much, someone told me that inland is shorter... But as I read here doesn't look like..
Regards
Susana
Inland is a long process , at least a year before you are able to get the first stage approved and be elegible for an open work permit. You can apply outalnd, and before your wp expires, apply for visitor record and you chances are you will be allowed to stay until your a decision in your application is made .

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014

susana said:
Inland is a long process , at least a year before you are able to get the first stage approved and be elegible for an open work permit. You can apply outalnd, and before your wp expires, apply for visitor record and you chances are you will be allowed to stay until your a decision in your application is made .
Thank you for your answer.. so I think.. i have to do it outside and stay in Canada.. So now, im thinking in apply for a multientry visitor visa 6 month, is that posible? and should i just have to say my truth? im married, and in process? or they can denied me for that? should i just say that i work enought to travel around now that my work permit expired...
Visas.. visas.. so complicated :|
thanks guys!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mary63 said:
hi everyone,
i have a question from people who have AOR and can log in to edas, and have done medical. does it say that your medical was received? i did my medical Feb 2014, and it still doesnt say anything about medical on ecas. thanks.
I sent my app, including medicals in January, and there is nothing about it in the eCAS.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015

castropolitan said:
Thank you for your answer.. so I think.. i have to do it outside and stay in Canada.. So now, im thinking in apply for a multientry visitor visa 6 month, is that posible? and should i just have to say my truth? im married, and in process? or they can denied me for that? should i just say that i work enought to travel around now that my work permit expired...
Visas.. visas.. so complicated :|
thanks guys!
I would recommend to first send your PR app, and show some proof about it when you apply for visitor extension.
Are you an US citizen? Currently US citizens get their complete PRs in 3-6 months with the outland process, while the first stage of the inland process (after you can get work permit) is currently 13 months and growing.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
pookieee said:
I did my medical done in July 2014 and sent the medical sheet with a explanation letter long AFTER submitting my PR application in January 2014. About 2 weeks after sending it, the status has been updated, "Medical Results have been received." I am not sure about your case, but I hope my answer helps!
How did you send in the results? Through email or snail mail? I also sent in my results but never got an updated status.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Got my medicals done on august 19th 2014 (application sent april 1st, AOR august 2014)
Just called CIC. Meds are not updated on the system yet. Can take anywhere from 2 weeks - 3 months.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Got a letter from CIC saying there are gaps in my personal history and also my address since i've been 18 :s i've looked over my 5669E form again and i 'm not sure where the gaps are. They want me to resend that info from to them asap. is there a special way to write that up|??

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
shaqhal said:
Got a letter from CIC saying there are gaps in my personal history and also my address since i've been 18 :s i've looked over my 5669E form again and i 'm not sure where the gaps are. They want me to resend that info from to them asap. is there a special way to write that up|??
this happened to me too. i had missed a few months in the address.
in the letter that they sent you, they specifically say which period of time is missing.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
pookieee said:
I did my medical done in July 2014 and sent the medical sheet with a explanation letter long AFTER submitting my PR application in January 2014. About 2 weeks after sending it, the status has been updated, "Medical Results have been received." I am not sure about your case, but I hope my answer helps!
thanks for your reply. i might call cic to ask about this. i did my medical about 7 months ago and ecas shows nothing

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
azarme09 said:
Got my medicals done on august 19th 2014 (application sent april 1st, AOR august 2014)
Just called CIC. Meds are not updated on the system yet. Can take anywhere from 2 weeks - 3 months.
Hi,
I also sent the application at the beginning of April without the medical. You did the upfront medical? What should I tell the receptionist while taking the appointment for medical test? Do I need to bring my passport and application number or UCI? Thank you very much.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
My friend application was received last August 25 and got a email confirmation last September 2.

Is CIC working hard to supply AOR'S? I hope the processing will go faster.

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
jbaia said:
How did you send in the results? Through email or snail mail? I also sent in my results but never got an updated status.
I sent the medical information sheet to Mississauga by mail. My status updated 2-3 weeks after.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
My wife will havr her medical this September here in Edmonton. Is any of you know where can we get her medicals done?how much is it?what requirements should we bring. Thank you

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Finally, I got my AoR today, sent to the sponsor. I had been able to check the status in ecas for a while already.