Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Any March inland 2014 applicants been able to see their app on e-cas yet?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
screech339 said:
Keep in mind though, the adult 18+ can still be considered his dependents if they are currently taking education course full time up to age of 22 without any breaks continuously. If that applies to one of the adults, then they are to be added if the husband want to sponsor them in the future for Canadian PR.

If the children 18+ have no intention of becoming PR, then they do not need to be listed.

The 5669 background form, only your husband sign it. The background 5669 only applies to those sponsored for PR, in your case, the husband.

The children would have to fill out the background form themselves if they were being sponsored for PR but in this case, they are not. So not required of them.

It would be required of them to complete the form when the husband wants to sponsor them after the husband officially lands as PR.
Note that as of August 1st, this will change and the hard limit will be 18 or below, regardless of educational status. There are exemptions for certain "medical" cases.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
zardoz said:
Note that as of August 1st, this will change and the hard limit will be 18 or below, regardless of educational status. There are exemptions for certain "medical" cases.
I understand that. But if they submit the application before Aug 1st, the old dependent rule still applies. But it will be moot anyway because by the time the husband land, the new rule 18 and under will go into effect.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Just a quick questions. i have to do IMM 5669 again.
in the form, section: have you ever been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including certificar de selection de quebec or application to the provincial nominee program) or visitor or temporary resident visa to canada or any other country?

so 2 years ago i applied for pr as a skilled worker and my applicaiton was rejected because cic didnt accept my work experience. does this count? should i check "yes" for this question in the form?
really appreciate your advice. thanks.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
I believe that as of August 1st that hard line age of 18 is for those who have not yet sent in their applications. I have a son, whom is not part of my application since he chooses not to come to Canada to live. Our consultant told me that even though he would have been over the age once I received my PR because he was under 19 when we sent in our applications he could have chosen to be part of my application if he wanted to. he was weeks from turning 19 when we turned in our applications and would for sure have been 19 before receiving PR but I was clearly told that he had a choice. I gave him the choice because after all he is considered an adult everywhere he goes now and I wanted him to choose. I wish he would have been willing to go for it so he had options if he wanted them but he could not see a benefit to him to be able to live in both Canada and the USA.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CMLR said:
I believe that as of August 1st that hard line age of 18 is for those who have not yet sent in their applications. I have a son, whom is not part of my application since he chooses not to come to Canada to live. Our consultant told me that even though he would have been over the age once I received my PR because he was under 19 when we sent in our applications he could have chosen to be part of my application if he wanted to. he was weeks from turning 19 when we turned in our applications and would for sure have been 19 before receiving PR but I was clearly told that he had a choice. I gave him the choice because after all he is considered an adult everywhere he goes now and I wanted him to choose. I wish he would have been willing to go for it so he had options if he wanted them but he could not see a benefit to him to be able to live in both Canada and the USA.
Your son still have a choice to become PR as he is still part of the your original PR application. Even if he changes his mind after the Aug 1st age change, he would still be able to get PR at 19 so long as he gets it before you officially land. Once you officially land as PR, a new PR application would then be needed if your son does change his mind but it would be too late as he would be under the new age dependent rule.

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Hello,

Can anyone please help us. So I am on a open work permit which expires this October 2014. I got married to my girl in march 2014. We have gathered all the evidences, proof etc. What kinda application should I send ( inbound or outbound) . keeping in mind my work permit expires soon. Some one told me to apply outbound and when you get the first stage approval then attach the letter and apply for extension of work permit. I dont know how that works. Can anyone please guide us .

Thanks;
NN

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nnair said:
Hello,

Can anyone please help us. So I am on a open work permit which expires this October 2014. I got married to my girl in march 2014. We have gathered all the evidences, proof etc. What kinda application should I send ( inbound or outbound) . keeping in mind my work permit expires soon. Some one told me to apply outbound and when you get the first stage approval then attach the letter and apply for extension of work permit. I dont know how that works. Can anyone please guide us .

Thanks;
NN
OWP is not available for an Outland applicant.

Depending on where you are from, an Inland application may take longer to process, but you would be able to include the OWP WITH your application. This would give you implied status, meaning that you would not need to worry about your legal status expiring and it MAY allow you to continue working (as long as you're not on a PGWP or IEC).

Good luck!

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I am on a post grad work permit and I just spoke with one of representatives in CIC, he said looking at my case I should apply for OWP included with my inland application and it would give me an implied status. Its kinda confusing now. Should I be going forward with the inland application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nnair said:
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I am on a post grad work permit and I just spoke with one of representatives in CIC, he said looking at my case I should apply for OWP included with my inland application and it would give me an implied status. Its kinda confusing now. Should I be going forward with the inland application.
Well that depends.

Where are you from? Some people find that an Inland application is faster for them than an Outland application (those from a non visa exempt country).

Is the overall processing time for an Inland application substantially longer for you than an Outland application (such as for an American)?
If it is, consider an Outland application.

Is your primary wish to be able to continue working, while you wait for your PR to be approved?
If it is, apply Inland.

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for the quick response.

Well, I am from India. I came to canada as student in 2012 and now on post grad work permit. I just want to be with my wife and continue working , as we both support each other. The PR process can take its time. Thats the reason I was confused be both inland and outland. My main concern is my expiry of post graduate work permit in October.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While it will give you implied status, my understanding is that those with PGWP, or IEC cannot continue to work.

Since it will likely take you ~11-12 months to get your AIP*, which is when your OWP application would be processed, you might have about 9 months of unpaid vacation, before you can work again.

Don't worry...you'll soon have others commenting here as well.

*Based on the processing times as of today.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
This week it will be one month since the last AOR.