20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
KaZRa said:
The 5669 form that husband's kids have to fill out, even tho they are not moving to Canada. Do THEY have to complete and sign them or does my husband complete them using their info and sign them himself? Thanks.
If the husband's kids are not coming, they do not need to sign the papers. However if I'm not mistaken, they still need to do their medical requirement for your husband to land as PR.

Screech339

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
KaZRa said:
The 5669 form that husband's kids have to fill out, even tho they are not moving to Canada. Do THEY have to complete and sign them or does my husband complete them using their info and sign them himself? Thanks.
hi everyone,
i have a similar question. today i received an email from cic that says "additional family information or all applicable applicants IMM 5406" and/or schedule A background IMM 5669 is incomplete and I need to resubmit them. the email doesnt say which part or which form is incomplete so i am very confused. as far as i know they are complete. should i submit additional family information form for my partner who is a citizen too? any advice is appreciated. thanks!

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I completely re-did them and when I checked the forms, one of our's was incomplete, a part of the pdf file had cut off. Do you have kids who are remaining in your birth country? If so forms have to be done for them whether they are accompanying you or not.

mary63 said:
hi everyone,
i have a similar question. today i received an email from cic that says "additional family information or all applicable applicants IMM 5406" and/or schedule A background IMM 5669 is incomplete and I need to resubmit them. the email doesnt say which part or which form is incomplete so i am very confused. as far as i know they are complete. should i submit additional family information form for my partner who is a citizen too? any advice is appreciated. thanks!

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
KaZRa said:
I completely re-did them and when I checked the forms, one of our's was incomplete, a part of the pdf file had cut off. Do you have kids who are remaining in your birth country? If so forms have to be done for them whether they are accompanying you or not.
Thanks for your response. no i dont have any children. I will re-do the forms and double check the ones that i submitted before. i really hope that i can see what is wrong with them. i am worried that cic sees something that i cant see, and i submit sommething again that they dont like...

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Why would his grown children need to do medicals? He is already here and has been here since Oct. (Canada). He is an American.
So we just complete 5669's for them and leave them blank? No signature?

screech339 said:
If the husband's kids are not coming, they do not need to sign the papers. However if I'm not mistaken, they still need to do their medical requirement for your husband to land as PR.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
KaZRa said:
Why would his grown children need to do medicals? He is already here and has been here since Oct. (Canada). He is an American.
So we just complete 5669's for them and leave them blank? No signature?

I didn't know that they are adults. Any children (dependents) 18 and under the husband have to be added to the family forms and must have medical test done.

In your case, his children are adults thus are not considered his dependents any more. As adults, they are not needed to be listed.

The only purpose of adding them to the family form and having them do medical tests is for the sake of future sponsorship. The dependents listed can be sponsored in the future. If they are not listed, they are excluded from being sponsored in the future.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Ok, phew lol. Back to the 5669, do we just leave no signature on the ones for the kids or would my husband sign? Sorry, had my package come back bc we didn't do ones for them so trying to get things right this time! Both kids are 18+.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
KaZRa said:
Ok, phew lol. Back to the 5669, do we just leave no signature on the ones for the kids or would my husband sign? Sorry, had my package come back bc we didn't do ones for them so trying to get things right this time! Both kids are 18+.
Keep in mind though, the adult 18+ can still be considered his dependents if they are currently taking education course full time up to age of 22 without any breaks continuously. If that applies to one of the adults, then they are to be added if the husband want to sponsor them in the future for Canadian PR.

If the children 18+ have no intention of becoming PR, then they do not need to be listed.

The 5669 background form, only your husband sign it. The background 5669 only applies to those sponsored for PR, in your case, the husband.

The children would have to fill out the background form themselves if they were being sponsored for PR but in this case, they are not. So not required of them.

It would be required of them to complete the form when the husband wants to sponsor them after the husband officially lands as PR.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Neither are in school, have their own lives, work etc...

This is from CIC site, which is why we thought we had to complete 5669's for them:

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

my-son-my-world

Jun 29, 2014
mary63 said:
hi everyone,
Wow! Reading this made me cry, they emailed you to resubmit while they sent back my whole app package.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
KaZRa said:
Neither are in school, have their own lives, work etc...

This is from CIC site, which is why we thought we had to complete 5669's for them:

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged

18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).
The form in your case, is to be filled out by your husband, the principle applicant.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
my-son-my-world said:
Wow! Reading this made me cry, they emailed you to resubmit while they sent back my whole app package.
sorry to hear about that. what was the reason they sent back your application?

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
my-son-my-world said:
Missing form "additional family background"
did you not submit one at all or did cic want your partner to fill one too?
as far as i know our forms are complete so i am confused.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
UG..I am scared not to lol. They sent our pkg back with a letter asking for 5406/5669 again and they highlighted "for dependents 18 years and over whether they are accompanying or not.." If we included, but didn't need to would they just toss them or shred them?

screech339 said:
The form in your case, is to be filled out by your husband, the principle applicant.