+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
So how quickly do they move along when processing Inland? If it shows July 2013 now, how long will it take for that to change..rough idea?

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
cioannou said:
I'm going to assume that no one else has gotten AOR in the last 3 weeks. It appears I'm next on the list and am just trying to reassure myself that the application won't be coming back to me. Has anyone heard any other delightful stories from CIC regarding this new delay? It seems just as they finally started to get things moving something else has happened.
Cioannou, I am in the same boat with you. Our application was sent on the 7th of Feb, and received by CIC on the 10th. It worries me a little that people that got their application received later then us (Mary) got their AOR already. I hope we get ours soon! By the way, congrat to Mary.

Tom

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
4 mths for 8 days of apps..wow..it's gonna be a looooooong time then lol. Our's was just received in early March 2014 :p

chakrab said:
they went from july 8 to july 16 in just 4 months.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
tomtomato said:
Cioannou, I am in the same boat with you. Our application was sent on the 7th of Feb, and received by CIC on the 10th. It worries me a little that people that got their application received later then us (Mary) got their AOR already. I hope we get ours soon! By the way, congrat to Mary.

Tom
It looks to be just Mary who has received AOR after us so I'm not too worried just yet. I'm just glad there's finally movement, nothing happened in the last 3 weeks.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
i hope everyone receives AOR soon. please call cic and ask the agents to look you up in their database. we did that last week and even we didnt have AOR last week, we knew our application wasnt lost. you may need to call cic several times until you talk to a helpful agent

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
is it okay to send in a H & C form after the application has already been sent in?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5283E.pdf

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaqhal said:
is it okay to send in a H & C form after the application has already been sent in?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5283E.pdf
spousal application wouldn't usually qualify under h&c

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
chakrab said:
spousal application wouldn't usually qualify under h&c
just found that it does.. has a different application package though and the link in my previous post is the form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaqhal said:
just found that it does.. has a different application package though and the link in my previous post is the form.

will your spouse will be in danger if she is in the home country?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaqhal said:

Who may use this application?

You may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:

are a foreign national currently living in Canada; and
need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada; and
believe you would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if you are not granted the exemption you need; and
are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
Spouse or Common-Law Partner,
Live-in Caregiver,
Protected Person and Convention Refugees,
Temporary Resident Permit Holder.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
chakrab said:
Who may use this application?

You may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:

are a foreign national currently living in Canada; and
need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada; and
believe you would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if you are not granted the exemption you need; and
are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
Spouse or Common-Law Partner,
Live-in Caregiver,
Protected Person and Convention Refugees,
Temporary Resident Permit Holder.
There is no stopping anyone from applying for spousal PR through H&C means. However to accepted for H&C means, you have got to prove that you have a case whereby the sponsored applicant's life is in jeopardy or will be under duress if returned to native country. It is also one of the longest PR sponsorship route to take, much much longer than "inland" sponsorship.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Any inland tried requesting their GCMS notes?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
April Fajardo said:
Any inland tried requesting their GCMS notes?
I had, but just a week ago, so no answer yet.