civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRsoon said:
The CIC website has been updated. Working on applications received on August 8, 2013 - 14 months (initial assessment)
A week for a week. Not too bad. I hope they will pick up even faster to bring the processing time down.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Ahhhh. I've been waiting for an interview with CIC Ottawa for the past week. No emails yet...

Anyone know what's the scheduling timeline with them?

Also, once I'm done the interview, can I travel abroad before I receive my PR card? My employer just asked me to travel to China for an important client meeting before Christmas, and I would hate to say that I can't travel because I don't have the PR card yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys,

I know the question regarding visa extension during inland application was discussed before, but i still want to clarify few things.

We are applying INLAND with OWP (at the same time). Our application will be sent next week. My wife's visitor visa expires at the beginning of November (Nov 9th). Our lawyer says its not necessary to extend visa. She said that even if we don't submit OWP, visa extension is still not needed. Roll Eyes

I just want to know where i can find information that states that if you submit OWP, you have implied status. (links from a good sourse would be great).

Another question, if you have "implied status" via OWP and dont get visa extension, is there a chance to have issues with CBSA. We are not planning to travel outside Canada.

For example, if you apply for visa extension and it's denied, can she still stay in Canada during the inland application process?

Thank you very much for your help.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
My TRV expired in May. I submitted OWP with my application in April. I have implied status as per the TRV extension rules. You can find the information on the CIC website under OWP/Extension topic.

I don't understand your second question. Are you talking about what happens if you are refused an OWP/extension?

The only probable reason you could be refused the above is if they reject your sponsorship application altogether.

Guapa said:
Hi guys,

I know the question regarding visa extension during inland application was discussed before, but i still want to clarify few things.

We are applying INLAND with OWP (at the same time). Our application will be sent next week. My wife's visitor visa expires at the beginning of November (Nov 9th). Our lawyer says its not necessary to extend visa. She said that even if we don't submit OWP, visa extension is still not needed. Roll Eyes

I just want to know where i can find information that states that if you submit OWP, you have implied status. (links from a good sourse would be great).

Another question, if you have "implied status" via OWP and dont get visa extension, is there a chance to have issues with CBSA. We are not planning to travel outside Canada.

For example, if you apply for visa extension and it's denied, can she still stay in Canada during the inland application process?

Thank you very much for your help.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
SS.Kingston said:
Ahhhh. I've been waiting for an interview with CIC Ottawa for the past week. No emails yet...

Anyone know what's the scheduling timeline with them?

Also, once I'm done the interview, can I travel abroad before I receive my PR card? My employer just asked me to travel to China for an important client meeting before Christmas, and I would hate to say that I can't travel because I don't have the PR card yet.

Any help is appreciated!
With COPR document you can travel across land borders no problem. See CIC comment on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=605&t=10

Coming back on a commercial flight they say you need to get a travel visa.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
A week for a week. Not too bad. I hope they will pick up even faster to bring the processing time down.
Yeah, they'd better..before the Christmas mood starts to kick in their office... :p :p

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
azarme09 said:
My TRV expired in May. I submitted OWP with my application in April. I have implied status as per the TRV extension rules. You can find the information on the CIC website under OWP/Extension topic.

I don't understand your second question. Are you talking about what happens if you are refused an OWP/extension?

The only probable reason you could be refused the above is if they reject your sponsorship application altogether.
Thank you for your response. What i meant was if we send application for visa extension and extension is denied will it affect inland application somehow.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Thanks Linden! I just confirmed with CIC about the travel document. It feels good to finally be able to travel again!

Linden said:
With COPR document you can travel across land borders no problem. See CIC comment on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=605&t=10

Coming back on a commercial flight they say you need to get a travel visa.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
They won't process your OWP application until after your sponsorship approval.

If anything, your inland sponsorship will affect your OWP, not the other way 'round.

Don't worry. You'll be fine :)

Guapa said:
Thank you for your response. What i meant was if we send application for visa extension and extension is denied will it affect inland application somehow.

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Thank you guys for all your help. We are very stressed with this process. It seems very confusing. I kept trying to find information on CIC website that says if you send OWP you have implied status, but unfortunately i cant. :(

Somewhere on this forum we read that inlanders can NOT apply for OWP at the same time as inland application. was that wrong?

Sorry guys for being paranoid, but i just want to know for sure if we submit OWP with inland we are good in terms of maintaining status, even if it's implied.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
PRsoon said:
The CIC website has been updated. Working on applications received on August 8, 2013 - 14 months (initial assessment)
Are you talking about here: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp? Because I still only see Aug. 2nd and 13 months.

Cache issue, or do I have the wrong site?

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
PixieDuster said:
Are you talking about here: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp? Because I still only see Aug. 2nd and 13 months.

still the same for me too ... but the french version is updated ...

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
PixieDuster said:

Cache issue, I see August 8 as well.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rvaburay84 said:
still the same for me too ... but the french version is updated ...
Ditto. Tried refreshing cache on the English version, still no change.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
That's wrong.

You can & you should if your status is going to expire during the processing time.

Also:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=252&t=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=17.6.9

Guapa said:
Thank you guys for all your help. We are very stressed with this process. It seems very confusing. I kept trying to find information on CIC website that says if you send OWP you have implied status, but unfortunately i cant. :(

Somewhere on this forum we read that inlanders can NOT apply for OWP at the same time as inland application. was that wrong?

Sorry guys for being paranoid, but i just want to know for sure if we submit OWP with inland we are good in terms of maintaining status, even if it's implied.