AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Thank you guri! ;D Wish you could receive your PR card very soon!

guri3577 said:
Sorry to hear what's happening with your friend, if there is no condition 51 mentioned on the COPR, she will not loose her PR.

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Thank you!Looking forward to hearing your good news very soon!

God be with us said:
Cirene, crested, spikey, Rita......congrats guys.....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
I don't think that is correct. The law itself, which is what the CIC website is based of off, says:

"(b) at the time the sponsor filed a sponsorship application with respect to the person under paragraph 130(1)(c) had been the spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the sponsor, as applicable, for a period of two years or less; and"

So, you would have to be in a relationship that could have qualified you for immigration for two years prior to submitting the application. For example, if you were living together and had shared accounts for five years, then got married and applied 1 month later, the condition would not apply to you. If, on the other hand, you were dating for 10 years, but never married or lived together or shared finances or had a kid together, then got married a year and a half before you applied, then the condition would apply to you.

I hope that makes sense.
You'll notice that I wrote the word together in bold font in my reply to Harmin. I was trying, but apparently failed, to indicate that being TOGETHER meant that they were living TOGETHER under the same roof...as in TOGETHER. ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
what u actually wanna say ..okay for example I dating with my wife 6 years and we just married last year in june..then is this condition gonna applied on me or not ?? how about others those just got arranged married according to their religion and applied inland Canada pr application ...how about them if they applied inland Canada while living together in Canada after married ??what u think ? :-\ :-\ :-\
If you were not living together before you were married in June 2013...your PR will probably be conditional, but...does it matter?!?!?!
You're not planning on leaving your wife in the next two years are you?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Ponga said:
If you were not living together before you were married in June 2013...your PR will probably be conditional, but...does it matter?!?!?!
exactly my point when i post before on this matter :)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Ponga said:
MaxLet said:
I understand a lot of people care a lot about the new Conditional PR law. That states that after PR couple HAS to stay together...
but honestly, is it really important? Isnt that what we all wanted since the beginning? to be together with our loved one? so, if our relationship is real, who care if CIC request 2-5-10-100 years... as long as there isnt violence involve... i think being ask to stay with the one we love is not such a big problem :D
HARMIN said:
what u actually wanna say ..okay for example I dating with my wife 6 years and we just married last year in june..then is this condition gonna applied on me or not ?? how about others those just got arranged married according to their religion and applied inland Canada pr application ...how about them if they applied inland Canada while living together in Canada after married ??what u think ? :-\ :-\ :-\
AchankengCrawford said:
I don't think that is correct. The law itself, which is what the CIC website is based of off, says:

"(b) at the time the sponsor filed a sponsorship application with respect to the person under paragraph 130(1)(c) had been the spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the sponsor, as applicable, for a period of two years or less; and"

So, you would have to be in a relationship that could have qualified you for immigration for two years prior to submitting the application. For example, if you were living together and had shared accounts for five years, then got married and applied 1 month later, the condition would not apply to you. If, on the other hand, you were dating for 10 years, but never married or lived together or shared finances or had a kid together, then got married a year and a half before you applied, then the condition would apply to you.

I hope that makes sense.

Perhaps this might help to understand better?
What is conditional permanent residence?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The sponsored spouse must cohabit in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse's status could be revoked. The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012—the day that the amendments came into force........

read more here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Thank you guys :)
Im landing in Halifax,thats probably why its so soon :p Not a lot people immigrating in the maritimes :p

I hope all of you will hear good news soon!
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes youre stuck in traffic ;)

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
going out of my mind no timeline as to when cic will get back to me running out of things to do ???

Congrats to those who got aip and/or dm!!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
Ponga ...I am just trying to clear my self and others about "Condition 51"..That's Why i give u example about me and my wife dating time and the time we married ...That's all :D :D :D
By the way thanks for reply and now i am quite clear about "condition 51" and may be others also :)

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well folks,

Thursday will mark a full year since CIC received our file and a couple months since the file was transferred to Winnipeg and still no word. We sure didn't expect this when they gave us a 6 month timeline when we submitted. BRUTAL!!!

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Hello bros and sis!! ;D
Could anybody help me out with this? I paid the Right of permanent residence fee after I got my AIP but before they asked me to do it. So now I'm not sure where to mail the receipt, is it to Vegreville or to CPC-Mississauga??? What should I write on the envelope??

Thanks so much!! Keep the good spirit! :p

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
Hello guys,

I am wondering if there's news for applicants from July 2013. Anyone received anything so far?

Thanks a lot!

Sacha2014

Feb 27, 2014
minime# said:
going out of my mind no timeline as to when cic will get back to me running out of things to do ???

Congrats to those who got aip and/or dm!!
I am in the same boat as you. I am sitting at home and bored out of my mind from not working. I was over joyed when I saw that the applications were advancing a month for every week that went by. I am so frustrated that it's stopped all of a sudden. I sent my application to Vergville on July 19th and it was received on July 22nd with my medical and security checks already done. At the rate they were going i was only a week away from my application being processed.

I noticed that many that have AIP done get there DM within a month or two at most. Is this the current average time it takes for applications?

Congrats on all those with AIP and DM applications!

chebas

Mar 4, 2014
Hello. My case is this.

I'm permanent resident. My wife Dominican rep. We got married on July 2011 in Dominican rep. She got tourist visa and came here on August 2011. She was already pregnant and on October she applied for refuge due inconvénients at DR. On March 2012 we sent sponsorship application and they received it 18 July 2012. Mean while the refuge was refused and we applied for an appelation and was also refused.

Last January 28 2014 we had an interview at cic and a cbsa agent give her a removal order for next 21 March 2014. We have our next appointment next 10 March 2014 to show them the airplane ticket .

We haven't receive AIP since July 18 2012 the case appears . We have received your application for sponsorship on July 18 2012.

I sent a letter to Cic cc Cbsa agent. Asking to stop the removal order against my wife due that we have a 3 years old Daughter together. And that would be hard for us to be separated. Also that we have a file for sponsorship on route and soon should be ready for AIP.

Any help?

Thanks