Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
MaxLet said:
Hi guys :)
Congrats everyone getting AIP DM OR LANDING :) MAY YOUR LIFES BEGIN!!!

I was wondering, After the DM letter from Vegreville, if I understand correctly, I have to wait for a letter from my local office (Montreal).
What I dont understand is if this letter is the "landing letter" with time and date of the interview. or if it is a pre-landing letter?
Ive read some people saying they received a letter that they had to reply with 2 PR size photos and the receipt for the 490$ and after sending that, they get the landing letter? If it is in fact like that, how much time do I have to reply the first letter? What is the landing waiting in Montreal? I need to change my passport before landing (takes 30 days following my embassy stimation), If I do the passport now, and I get a letter next week requesting the photos and receipt, and I send it again and then I have to wait for a landing date, will It be ok?

Thanks for been so helpfull and understanding of this crazy immigrant :D
Hi Maxlet,

From my understanding here in this forum you will get a letter inviting you to the landing interview and they will give you the list of all required documents to bring along.

concerning your passport renewal, if you think it is necesary to renew it befor the landing interview, you should go for it . Could you keep your current PP during the renewal process? otherwise what will be your ID? does the embassy give you like an official document meanwhile?

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
God be with us said:
Hi woodyc,

U were the luck one who got ur AIP :D

I was thinking of calling, but was waiting for the processing time to be updated to July.
Hopefully this is our week to hear some good news.

Take care
I hope the rest of the 2013 apps start hearing some news soon is was really great when the cic were on fire

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
woodyc said:
I hope the rest of the 2013 apps start hearing some news soon is was really great when the cic were on fire
I totally agree with you on that! ;)

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Please CPC-M let it be this week. *fingers crossed*

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
chebas said:
No , her refugee claim was refused. But not the sponsorship. This is still in progress.

Thank you
Your sponsorship application has been in progress since July 2012?? And you have not heard anything from CIC on it??

You should be calling CIC to find out the status of your application. Most applicants from 2012 already have completed the entire process. Note on the CIC website, people with applications earlier than June 2013 are able to call to inquire about their application.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
I agree, once again, with Linden. He must have a refugee application in the works, which is why his sponsorship application is `getting cold'.

If they return his sponsorship application, along with his fees, and his refugee claim is denied...he'd have to start all over again with a sponsorship application. This way, his application would already be at CIC. If his application was Inland and his refugee claim was denied...there's a chance that he would be deported and therefore his Inland application would be denied/canceled.

I'm just guessing, as I have no idea how this would really work. I'm still just a basic `newbie' around here, but often jump into discussions hoping to help (and learn along the way).
Ponga and Linden .if this is the way CIC work then why his immigration lawyer never tell him earlier about this problem and 2nd he never heard any thing about his refuge status yet and he visiting CBSA office twice a month ...actually both of u may be right because once he told me he got one more lawyer to fight his refuge case ..so i think he got 2 lawyers to deal with both different case ..now i am feeling he make a stupid move ...well ..thanks guys

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
Hey Woody thanks for the reply! My deadline for the 8months is March 22 so I will wait if I hear from them until March 22 and if not then I'll definitely give them a call. It seems that they are working on something else and it probably is the process of transferring the files to Mississauga.

However, we now know that it takes them 1 week to process 1 month's load of applications if they give it 100%.

Thanks again!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
frenchwapiti said:
Hi Maxlet,

From my understanding here in this forum you will get a letter inviting you to the landing interview and they will give you the list of all required documents to bring along.

concerning your passport renewal, if you think it is necesary to renew it befor the landing interview, you should go for it . Could you keep your current PP during the renewal process? otherwise what will be your ID? does the embassy give you like an official document meanwhile?
Hi Frenchwapiti and thanks for your answer! :)
I think im able to keep my passport while waiting since It is not our official national ID, for my embassy is way more important that I keep my DNI (national ID document) updated. Actually, passport goes by the rules of DNI, means that whatever my DNI says, its way more important than my passport, thats why i need to update it, since my DNI name is my married name and my passport still says my maiden cuz i didnt wanted to risk changing it during cic process. now, if I land COPR with the maiden names that appear on my passport, I might have problems when going back home since DNI is way more important and will be a diff name than my passport. Plus, if i wait till landing and renew my passport after, it will automaticlly appear by my married name, which will cuz problems if my COPR says otherwise..
grrrrrrrrr... what a mess!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
HARMIN said:
2nd he never heard any thing about his refuge status yet and he visiting CBSA office twice a month ...
wait a minute. in your earlier post you said your friend had refugee status since Dec 2012. now you're saying he's still waiting to hear from it??

I guess the answer depends on where he is in the entire process...also don't know too much about the refugee process.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Linden said:
You should be calling CIC to find out the status of your application. Most applicants from 2012 already have completed the entire process. Note on the CIC website, people with applications earlier than June 2013 are able to call to inquire about their application.
Thank you Linden for pointing out that people with applications earlier than June 2013 are able to call and inquire about our applications! :)

Just got my AIP 23-01-14 ! This sure seems like it's taking forever, lol

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CPC-V
App. Filed.......May 2012 then returned
For more info about family members
App. filed May 2013
AOR Received.: May 2013
PCC and Med's Request: 23-01-14
PCC Fingerprints & Physical redone: 24-01-14
Emed submitted: 04-03-14
PCC submitted:
Above records received:
AIP: 23-01-14
Transfer of File:
DM:
Interview........:
Passport Req..:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Linden said:
wait a minute. in your earlier post you said your friend had refugee status since Dec 2012. now you're saying he's still waiting to hear from it??

I guess the answer depends on where he is in the entire process...also don't know too much about the refugee process.
yes ..he still waiting and according to his lawyer refuge claim can get their Decision with in a year but he already more than a year and still waiting ...

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
MaxLet said:
Hi Frenchwapiti and thanks for your answer! :)
I think im able to keep my passport while waiting since It is not our official national ID, for my embassy is way more important that I keep my DNI (national ID document) updated. Actually, passport goes by the rules of DNI, means that whatever my DNI says, its way more important than my passport, thats why i need to update it, since my DNI name is my married name and my passport still says my maiden cuz i didnt wanted to risk changing it during cic process. now, if I land COPR with the maiden names that appear on my passport, I might have problems when going back home since DNI is way more important and will be a diff name than my passport. Plus, if i wait till landing and renew my passport after, it will automaticlly appear by my married name, which will cuz problems if my COPR says otherwise..
grrrrrrrrr... what a mess!
I would take the risk and renew the passport now, with a little chance it will be done before the landing interview, You could call Cic to ask them about the timeline you could expect for your landing date. In any case you must explain to them the change of your name , which is obviously due to your mariage.
seems not easy process though :D :(
good luck anyhow and I cross my fingers that it will all turn out well for your in this final step.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Hi everyone,

I just got AIP, OWP approval, and DM today!! ;D ;D ;D

I’m a May applicant and my application was received on 1st May. I’m listed in the top of May applicants in the spread sheet but any of you may notice, my row in AIP column is greatly skipped. It was not because I haven’t updated my info but simply I haven’t heard anything at all…

Like a month ago, while May people were getting good news, I just feel like so disappointed and worried. I have been following this thread to see how you guys are going on, but I just decided to put this anxiety in the edge of my mind and filled up my thought with other things such as working on freelance job, catching up with friends, going jogging or just walking around etc..

I kind of felt my process would take up more time than others because of the quality and volume of application package. I called the call center twice in February. The CIC agents said that nothing appeared in my app so just wait for one more week in the first call and for one more month in the second… sighed.

But you know, it’s all cleared up today. Such a huge relief and peaceful warm feeling even it’s cold raining out here in Vancouver.
I hope all of you have a smooth path to DM, but if it seems fail to ride on the waves, remember my experience and stay positive!!

P.S. I'm feeling CIC is working on the backlogs, some not-easy-to-approve cases like mine.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
sanda said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a May applicant and my application was received on 1st May. I'm listed in the top of May applicants in the spread sheet but any of you may notice, my row in AIP column is greatly skipped. It was not because I haven't updated my info but simply I haven't heard anything at all...

Like a month ago, while May people were getting good news, I just feel like so disappointed and worried. I have been following this thread to see how you guys are going on, but I just decided to put this anxiety in the edge of my mind and filled up my thought with other things such as working on freelance job, catching up with friends, going jogging or just walking around etc..

I kind of felt my process would take up more time than others because of the quality and volume of application package. I called the call center twice in February. The CIC agents said that nothing appeared in my app so just wait for one more week in the first call and for one more month in the second... sighed.

But you know, it's all cleared up today. Such a huge relief and peaceful warm feeling even it's cold raining out here in Vancouver.
I hope all of you have a smooth path to DM, but if it seems fail to ride on the waves, remember my experience and stay positive!!

P.S. I'm feeling CIC is working on the backlogs, some not-easy-to-approve cases like mine.
ohh wow congrats to you sanda you really deserve both stages after waiting so long. It really helps to be positive throughout this process ;D I got my aip and owp on January 29 had to redo to background declaration form hope that I receive dm sometime this month fingers crossed.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
sanda said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a May applicant and my application was received on 1st May. I'm listed in the top of May applicants in the spread sheet but any of you may notice, my row in AIP column is greatly skipped. It was not because I haven't updated my info but simply I haven't heard anything at all...

I kind of felt my process would take up more time than others because of the quality and volume of application package. I called the call center twice in February. The CIC agents said that nothing appeared in my app so just wait for one more week in the first call and for one more month in the second... sighed.

But you know, it's all cleared up today. Such a huge relief and peaceful warm feeling even it's cold raining out here in Vancouver.

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! It is exciting to see everyone's applications making progress.