+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
computergeek said:
Either one should work. Further, if she adds the student visa to the pr file she will have implied status until they make a decision.
Thanks you very much for your help Computergeek. When we applied for the PR for her, we did add her student visa to her PR file. We want to extend her visa as tourist and hope everything will be alright...

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
wolanila said:
We submitted ours at the same time and then received the OWP with AIP. It doesn't hurt to submit it and if the sponsor for some reason can not qualify they will refund your OWP. We just did it all together because its less hassle that way and we didn't have to worry about weather they received it or if our application was going to get pulled from cue (because we are not sure how this works). We also saved money in courier fees this way :)
Hi!
I was just wondering. Can I apply for an OWP while I still have an existing WP which expires on 2015? Is the form used to apply for OWP the same with that of WP and just submit all needed docs (i.e. LMO, contract, etc.) that I used to apply for my existing WP?

thanks!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
rhyanom28 said:
Hi!
I was just wondering. Can I apply for an OWP while I still have an existing WP which expires on 2015? Is the form used to apply for OWP the same with that of WP and just submit all needed docs (i.e. LMO, contract, etc.) that I used to apply for my existing WP?

thanks!
As far as I know you can apply for and OWP with your sponsorship application that is why it is called Open Work Permit being able to work for any employer however you can apply for a closed work permit or extend your WP but since yours isn't expiring till 2015 I think your okay for now. CIC would be best to answer your question.

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
eager beaver said:
Hey Everyone, Hope all is doing well! I havent been on in quite some time. We got first stage approval back in early October and my fiance ( applicant) was asked to obtain a police history report from when we lived in Australia in order to proceed with second step. No instructions were given on how to give them a copy of this so when we eventually got it 2 weeks ago we faxed it to the office with Attention to Karen who had worked on our first stage.

Fiance called immigration today to see if it had been received and for an update on our account. the agent at the call center told him that it was received but that he needs to mail them the original copy. (this seems VERY strange since they usually always only want photocopies, and all our police checks we sent they had asked for photocopies so why must the original be sent for this?????)

SECOND thing the agent told him that they arent processing anymore applications until June!?!?!?!!?!!?
what is going on? Is this just another classic example of the CIC office not knowing anything? or is there a problem that is delaying applications?!!? I am not sure what to do...we are currently on hold with CIC again cause i told him to call back and see if a second agent says the same thing....
help....
Saw this posted on the Inland 2012 thread... I REALLY hope there is no truth to this.....

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
IsThisOverYet said:
Saw this posted on the Inland 2012 thread... I REALLY hope there is no truth to this.....

eagerbeaver:

we are asked for the police certificate for my husband too from the states. and the CIC sent us a letter asking us to submit the originals to the address on the letter they sent us, and since our local visa office is Calgary that's where we have to send in the original FBI Cert once we receive is back from the States. lucky you at least got yours we are still in the waiting line for that...

as far as the 2nd problem of waiting until June. the CIC agents always gave us different information so I just stopped calling them and didn't bother with it... I'm just waiting. I did check the processing time of the Stage 2 apps they changed it back to 8 months. However I have heard from the Officer who interview us for our first stage saying that it does take anywhere from 3 to 6 months before you are called for your landing interview for your PR. so If you have already submitted the original docs to CIC it shouldn't take them very long. I hope you get your PR soon and I hope my husband gets his soon too after we send in the FBI Cert of course :-X

all the best :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rhyanom28 said:
Hi!

thanks!
Yes, you can. Unless you are planning on changing employers, though, there is no benefit in doing so.

The form to apply for an open work permit is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Hi guys.

I received my AIP and OWP last Nov 21 (email). Am I supposed to receive any other letter in the mail besides the OWP?

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
11-09-2013 (Application received)
File Transfer...
CPC V- CPC M - March 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
DM : 12 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
I did have a UCI number because i am on study permit here, so they issued it before, so i am able to check my application status (it says that my app is received on sept 11 2013). i am just confused - if my timeline starts from sept 11 2013 or from the moment they actually start processing the file? like my first stage wait starts from sept 11 or when i will see on the ecas that my file is in process ? and it is been almost 3 month time, is there a chance they can return the application if they think it is not complete?
THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS.

yata520 said:
did they give you a UCI number ? if yes you can go to online services to check

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Oh Dear Lord, i just went to my husband's email and how surprised i was that he received a message of AOR from CIC on OCT 1 ST and did not said a word to me!! oh lols. i am waiting and waiting for this miracle letter of AOR to rest assured that my package is complete and my dear husband just says nothing to me! i was just so sure it will come to MY email that it didnt occur to me that it came to his email. so the letter had file number , uci number and was saying the following :
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/09/11 on behalf of the following member...
Does that mean that our application package is complete and they will not return it?
Guys please answer so that i can sleep well now :))))

olgabizz said:
I did have a UCI number because i am on study permit here, so they issued it before, so i am able to check my application status (it says that my app is received on sept 11 2013). i am just confused - if my timeline starts from sept 11 2013 or from the moment they actually start processing the file? like my first stage wait starts from sept 11 or when i will see on the ecas that my file is in process ? and it is been almost 3 month time, is there a chance they can return the application if they think it is not complete?
THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
olgabizz said:
Oh Dear Lord, i just went to my husband's email and how surprised i was that he received a message of AOR from CIC on OCT 1 ST and did not said a word to me!! oh lols. i am waiting and waiting for this miracle letter of AOR to rest assured that my package is complete and my dear husband just says nothing to me! i was just so sure it will come to MY email that it didnt occur to me that it came to his email. so the letter had file number , uci number and was saying the following :
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/09/11 on behalf of the following member...
Does that mean that our application package is complete and they will not return it?
Guys please answer so that i can sleep well now :))))

Hi there, congrats on the AOR.

Everybody gets an AOR whether they submit a complete package or not.
*if they wanted your package returned, they would had done that by now*

The next steps are AIP, DM and Landing Date so you can go for an interview.

Some people get AIP and DM at the same time (completed package) Some others (even tho they submitted a complete package) get AIP and then DM.

But you sure are on your way already :D and in no time you'll have a PR card :)

In that AOR you got your UCI# and your Sponsors as well, now you can check your status online (eCAS)

Here is the page:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Thank you very much for your kind reply. i am ecstatic now :)))

Cirene said:
Hi there, congrats on the AOR.

Everybody gets an AOR whether they submit a complete package or not.
*if they wanted your package returned, they would had done that by now*

The next steps are AIP, DM and Landing Date so you can go for an interview.

Some people get AIP and DM at the same time (completed package) Some others (even tho they submitted a complete package) get AIP and then DM.

But you sure are on your way already :D and in no time you'll have a PR card :)

In that AOR you got your UCI# and your Sponsors as well, now you can check your status online (eCAS)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
CANUSA31 said:
Thanks everyone for the congrats! It definitely helps the wait during this process. Now I can plan a wedding!
Congrats CANUSA!!!!! ;D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Congrats to CANUSA31 for the engagement! That's wonderful :)

I'm sure that CIC are still working on the apps, give it some time, i mean i can't imagine how many are applying at the same time! Stressing and thinking much about it isn't gonna make it go faster and help on your worries.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
If it's true that they're not processing anymore applications until June, I think I might just burst into tears. Hubby and I have so many things planned that would need to be put off if we don't hear anything from CIC until June or later. HR is already dogging him for his OWP even though he's on implied status.

:/

Also, I put in a request for case notes Novemeber 14th and still haven't received anything even though they said that once it's registered, I will get a notification. So they haven't even started the whole 30 calendar days yet. Is this normal?

:'(

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Mrs_Canuck said:
If it's true that they're not processing anymore applications until June, I think I might just burst into tears. Hubby and I have so many things planned that would need to be put off if we don't hear anything from CIC until June or later. HR is already dogging him for his OWP even though he's on implied status.

:/

Also, I put in a request for case notes Novemeber 14th and still haven't received anything even though they said that once it's registered, I will get a notification. So they haven't even started the whole 30 calendar days yet. Is this normal?

:'(
Where did you get this info from?