Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
I'm confused now...I was under the impression as we are both here in Canada it must be sent Inland??

Outland would be to send it to a Visa Office Outside of Canada, correct??
If applicant is visa excempt you can do both ways. If non visa excempt it's best to go inland if already in Canada. Applying with an open work permit gives implied status as well.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
If applicant is visa excempt you can do both ways. If non visa excempt it's best to go inland if already in Canada. Applying with an open work permit gives implied status as well.
Ahhh ok.

Yes we have included the Open Work Permit Application.

His Visitor Visa has expired, and if he leaves he cannot re-enter.

Although he is technically in Implied Status, because we applied for an Extension of his Visitor Visa before it expired.....and they lost it, but we have the confirmation of Receipt from them.

So in this case I guess we msut Apply Inland, as planned.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
Ahhh ok.

Although he is technically in Implied Status, because we applied for an Extension of his Visitor Visa before it expired.....and they lost it, but we have the confirmation of Receipt from them.

Yes by the sounds of it you're best off being inland. That way you can live together and wait it out that way. But like you probably have seen around here the current wait for AIP (applicant in principal) which gets you an open work permit is currently taking 10 months.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
ACS said:
Ahhh ok.

Sorry to confuse you. OK, then you apply for Inland. Send your apps to Vegreville. And wait. :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
Yes by the sounds of it you're best off being inland. That way you can live together and wait it out that way. But like you probably have seen around here the current wait for AIP (applicant in principal) which gets you an open work permit is currently taking 10 months.
Yes I see it just went up. It was 6 months a day or so ago. As long as we are together. We have a 2 and a half year old son (born here) who's hero is his daddy! Wouldn't want them to have to go any length of time without seeing each other, it would be hard enough for them...let alone for me. Although we did the whole long distance thing for 3 years before we got married, but we've been married and living together now for 4 years - so not sure I could stand it again!!!!!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Tomorisu said:
Sorry to confuse you. OK, then you apply for Inland. Send your apps to Vegreville. And wait. :)
Lol...that's ok, I'm easily confused...especially today!! Was up til 3am last night doing last finishing touches on this darn thing!!!! My sleep deprived (and stressed) brain is not so quick today! lol :)

Seagulls828

Aug 12, 2013
I applied online to extend my visitor visa last week because it expires Aug 31- when it was showing 6 months for an inland application to get first stage approval. We had our PR app all packaged up (FINALLY!) and ready to go and checked the processing times again last night and they still said six months. Came home from mailing the application, and it now says 10 months :'( Talk about bad timing! Oh wells, nothing to do but hurry up and wait now I guess! ;D At least our PR app and my open work permit apps are on their way.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
Yes I see it just went up. It was 6 months a day or so ago. As long as we are together. We have a 2 and a half year old son (born here) who's hero is his daddy! Wouldn't want them to have to go any length of time without seeing each other, it would be hard enough for them...let alone for me. Although we did the whole long distance thing for 3 years before we got married, but we've been married and living together now for 4 years - so not sure I could stand it again!!!!!
Yeah I can only imagine how hard that must be. Yes inland is your option for sure. Long distance is so hard I'm glad ours is over now too. Glad we don't have kids yet since this app is taking a toll on pretty much everything. Good luck with it all, you may get lucky that they get rid of all the backlogs so you'll get OWP in 6-7 months time :)

mbajouco

Mar 6, 2013
Hi Everyone just a quick question how long before I get a response from CIC? We submitted July 26... when will i be able to log in the check application status website? I tried but would not let me... and Im I supposed to log in with the sponsor or sponsored person's last name?

Much appreciated thanks!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
mbajouco said:
Hi Everyone just a quick question how long before I get a response from CIC? We submitted July 26... when will i be able to log in the check application status website? I tried but would not let me... and Im I supposed to log in with the sponsor or sponsored person's last name?

Much appreciated thanks!
Usually sponsor gets an email all between a week to a month after you apply to let you know they received your package and that they are acknowledging the receipt (AOR) yes it's sponsors information you'd have to fill in so when you receive this email sponsor gets an UCI (unique identify number) which you'd have to use.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Seagulls828 said:
I applied online to extend my visitor visa last week because it expires Aug 31- when it was showing 6 months for an inland application to get first stage approval. We had our PR app all packaged up (FINALLY!) and ready to go and checked the processing times again last night and they still said six months. Came home from mailing the application, and it now says 10 months :'( Talk about bad timing! Oh wells, nothing to do but hurry up and wait now I guess! ;D At least our PR app and my open work permit apps are on their way.
Haha that surely sucks. I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. I'm sure they will get rid of most of the apps from last year and speed it up this autumn, so maybe you're lucky to get OWP in 6-7 months (MAYBE) lol. We will never know. How I understand it is when people try and contact CIC they get all sort of answers that doesn't make sense or aren't true.. It's all a big mystery lol!! :)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
mbajouco said:

Much appreciated thanks!
Hey there mbajouco,
We sent my app on July 22nd & was signed for in Vegreville on July 23rd we still haven't heard anything which is to be expected cause from what I've read it's 21-30 days before your receive your AOR. And that email will say what date your app has started or at least added to the pile. Then shortly after that you should get SA apparently

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Well I was about to call CIC as our 6 months was up last week. I see I don't have to now as the wait is now 10 months. Yay, way to go CIC......move the goal posts on everyone just as they are getting excited!!!!!

Oh well maybe, just maybe I'll be in for a nice xmas pressie from CIC.........until then I guess it's enjoy whats left of the summer!

( Oh and I suppose it gives me more time to send in my OWP application....... )

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
UKZippy....same with me! My 6 months was in 2 days and I was going to call...I'm REALLY hoping for AIP and OWP BEFORE Christmas. Pretty please CIC.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Also...I submitted an OWP to be attached to my file after I had AOR. Does anyone know if I call the infamous call center are they able to see if it successfully got attached or not? The last thing I want is to get AIP and find out my OWP never got attached and then to apply for an OWP and wait another 2 months before my common-law partner can start to work again...