+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
flange12 said:
I'm finding it really hard to stay positive. We've now been waiting over a year and still NO AIP. How can they just let the wait time go up and up and not even seem to make an effort to speed it up?! Every time I look at this forum and see that no one else has had any progress I burn up a little bit inside... I try not to log on for a few days and hope to see something will have happened, but nope, nothing in over 2 weeks. COME ON CIC It is August now! We haven't seen any signs of "fast" processing sine February and it's driving me up the wall. There's my rant for the day, but I really don't know what to do or say at this point...

I totally understand.

That said, I don't expect much this week. We just came off August long weekend. I have several friends in Victoria who work for the provincial government and they say the day or two after a long weekend are pretty nonproductive.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
azarme09 said:
I sent this email to CIC this morning:
This is very well stated, and reflects many issues we have to face. I do really feel sometimes that they view us as numbers and not human beings with lives and hopes and dreams. I hope someone takes the time to read this very well thought out email and provides a proper response!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
MiriMinBC said:
I totally understand.

That said, I don't expect much this week. We just came off August long weekend. I have several friends in Victoria who work for the provincial government and they say the day or two after a long weekend are pretty nonproductive.
Yeah, I kind of take any week following a long holiday weekend pretty much a loss...government job or not, everybody pretty much slacks off on a short work week. I just wish they wouldn't, there's peoples lives here they keep putting off. :(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:

Dear CIC,

It is rather interesting that how we were all told that the move from AB to Mississauga is designed to help with faster processing times. At the time of my application, the wait time was less than 7 months for Inland Sponsorship. People were also receiving AORs so that they knew that their applications were complete and there was no risk of the packet being sent back. Currently, the processing time for just the first stage is 12 months straight up. I'm sure you know the many long-term social consequences there are for this kind of unnecessary delay but I'd still like to list it down for you (these are for spousal sponsorships):

1. Affect on relationships and family planning:
Because of this delay, many of us have to hold off to having kids. Many of us have planned our careers and educational goals around the curve of balancing our home life with that of the public life. We want to give our kids the best of education and the best of parental care. Your delay in processing our application puts us under unnecessary stress of re-designing our goals. You have to see that not all of us/our partners are in their younger years. Some decisions are more urgent than others. This being one.

2. Financial strain and reinforcing patriarchy:
Many of us are wives waiting for our sponsorship/OWPs to go through. As amazing as our partners are, who have taken care of all of our financial needs as we move through this process, it puts us, women, in an incredibly awkward situation. Especially women like me who have been financially and otherwise independent and emancipated from a very young age, to now have to rely on my husband's credit card for something as little as a Sushi lunch is an incredibly embarrassing experience. Yes, when you are married you are halves of each other, but to burden one partner with everything, from your emergency health costs to your $3.00 TTC token is a disempowering situation. As such, many of us are reduced to fulfilling traditional gender roles of cooking and cleaning and staying at home for majority of the time when this system is entirely against the values of our marriage and relationship. We are in a feminist and empowering relationship, and your delays make it that much more difficult for us to live up to these principles in practice. Canada prides itself on being one of the most giving countries in terms of human rights. Your processing delays violate our fundamental right of freedom and dignity for ourselves, and our families.

3. Educational and job halt:
Many of us have to completely waste an entire year of our lives. We can't even enroll in a certificate program. We can't work where we can put our education to good use. I have been an outstanding student my entire life. I have never had to pay a single cent for my private boarding school education in BC or my college in Indiana, USA. For someone who has always had merit-based full-ride scholarships, who has studied politics and human development, as well as art, CIC is keeping Canada from benefiting these skills that I possess. Same goes for other highly educated couples. A one whole year of availing the benefits of this country's safety, security, and general air of freedom and we can't contribute to make it a better place apart from highly restricted forms of volunteer services? Is this the kind of civic engagement Canada is aiming for? I don't think so.

4. Stress on the extended family:
There are cultural aspects which CIC seems to be unaware of. Especially from a South Asian perspective. Being a couple that has had strong opposition from our families regarding our relationship, this delay makes it more difficult for us to convince our families that we are right for each other. Especially when there is a power imbalance and it is me, the woman, who has to deal with the brunt of it. Countless sleepless nights and crying on my husband's shoulders increases stress in our relationship. There is so much I can do professionally and by being the mom that I want to be to prove to myself and to our families, but guess what? I can't do any of that because my husband has to support me financially and has to be around for his widowed mother, emotionally.

5. Travel restrictions:
Apart from the financial issue, I haven't been able to attend any conferences I have been a regular attendee of for the past few years. Why? Because they are all in the USA and it is not advisable to travel internationally while a PR application is in process inland. I have given talks in the past at some of the most acknowledged conferences in the US but this year, I was chained to my home. My husband is going to some of these events and speaking but can you imagine how small that makes me feel that not only I can't watch & support my husband while he is out there on the stage but that, in many ways, I have to let him take my place?

This is not an emotional appeal to you. It is a letter to let you know the bigger picture which sudden & unexplained delays help shape up. I hope that my this email is not going to get lost in the internet abyss and maybe someone will read this and try to reflect on how we can make things easier for everyone. I am sure that there must be a VERY good reason for these delays, but when you do not explain it to those of us affected, we are left in an a weird state of limbo and most of our days are spent speculating the worse. I have a lot of faith in the Canadian system. I just hope that I can find reasons to keep this faith alive.

Thank you for your time to read through this message.

I hope to hear something soon.

Best,
xx
UCI: xx (spousal sponsorship)
Phone: xx
I wish they could read this and understand with human brains. I think you should send to all "big guys", not just to general CIC mailbox.

To: Alexis.Pavlich@cic.gc.ca, Carl.Dholandas@cic.gc.ca, costas.menegakis@parl.gc.ca, Chris.Day@cic.gc.ca, caruso@cimmigrationlaw.com, david.manicom@cic.gc.ca, Enza Uda <Enza.Uda@cbc.ca>, Gerrit.Nieuwoudt@cic.gc.ca, hbauder@ryerson.ca, Jinny Sims <Jinny.Sims@parl.gc.ca>, Kathy Tomlinson <Kathy.Tomlinson@cbc.ca>, Kelly.White@cic.gc.ca, kerrif@cba.org, lexbase@canimmigrate.com, Lysane.Blanchette-Lamothe@parl.gc.ca, Mark.Newcombe@cic.gc.ca, McCallum.J@parl.gc.ca, Nicole.Girard@cic.gc.ca, Peter.Sylvester@cic.gc.ca, chris.alexander@parl.gc.ca, jason.kenney@parl.gc.ca, CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca, minister@cic.gc.ca, pm@pm.gc.ca, "Keung, Nicholas" <nkeung@thestar.ca>

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Daizey said:
Yeah, I kind of take any week following a long holiday weekend pretty much a loss...government job or not, everybody pretty much slacks off on a short work week. I just wish they wouldn't, there's peoples lives here they keep putting off. :(
It especially doesn't help when there is a long weekend every month but 2.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
MiriMinBC said:
It especially doesn't help when there is a long weekend every month but 2.
On the bright side, we're free of holiday weekends for the rest of the month! :p And then we have Labor Day on September 1st...lol. :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
While I can certainly applaud your tenacity in crafting such a well written letter, I suspect that CIC will not agree...since you only applied in April of this year. In their eyes, you haven't earned the right to complain yet.

Processing times [historically] fluctuate throughout the year, so it's possible that they will get back on track soon.

I do, however, agree that a simple update on their website, as to what has caused the latest delays, would be the humane thing to do.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
azarme09 said:

Dear CIC,

It is rather interesting that how we were all told that the move from AB to Mississauga is designed to help with faster processing times. At the time of my application, the wait time was less than 7 months for Inland Sponsorship. People were also receiving AORs so that they knew that their applications were complete and there was no risk of the packet being sent back. Currently, the processing time for just the first stage is 12 months straight up. I'm sure you know the many long-term social consequences there are for this kind of unnecessary delay but I'd still like to list it down for you (these are for spousal sponsorships):

Because of this delay, many of us have to hold off to having kids. Many of us have planned our careers and educational goals around the curve of balancing our home life with that of the public life. We want to give our kids the best of education and the best of parental care. Your delay in processing our application puts us under unnecessary stress of re-designing our goals. You have to see that not all of us/our partners are in their younger years. Some decisions are more urgent than others. This being one.

Many of us are wives waiting for our sponsorship/OWPs to go through. As amazing as our partners are, who have taken care of all of our financial needs as we move through this process, it puts us, women, in an incredibly awkward situation. Especially women like me who have been financially and otherwise independent and emancipated from a very young age, to now have to rely on my husband's credit card for something as little as a Sushi lunch is an incredibly embarrassing experience. Yes, when you are married you are halves of each other, but to burden one partner with everything, from your emergency health costs to your $3.00 TTC token is a disempowering situation. As such, many of us are reduced to fulfilling traditional gender roles of cooking and cleaning and staying at home for majority of the time when this system is entirely against the values of our marriage and relationship. We are in a feminist and empowering relationship, and your delays make it that much more difficult for us to live up to these principles in practice. Canada prides itself on being one of the most giving countries in terms of human rights. Your processing delays violate our fundamental right of freedom and dignity for ourselves, and our families.

3. Educational and job halt:
Many of us have to completely waste an entire year of our lives. We can't even enroll in a certificate program. We can't work where we can put our education to good use. I have been an outstanding student my entire life. I have never had to pay a single cent for my private boarding school education in BC or my college in Indiana, USA. For someone who has always had merit-based full-ride scholarships, who has studied politics and human development, as well as art, CIC is keeping Canada from benefiting these skills that I possess. Same goes for other highly educated couples. A one whole year of availing the benefits of this country's safety, security, and general air of freedom and we can't contribute to make it a better place apart from highly restricted forms of volunteer services? Is this the kind of civic engagement Canada is aiming for? I don't think so.

4. Stress on the extended family:
There are cultural aspects which CIC seems to be unaware of. Especially from a South Asian perspective. Being a couple that has had strong opposition from our families regarding our relationship, this delay makes it more difficult for us to convince our families that we are right for each other. Especially when there is a power imbalance and it is me, the woman, who has to deal with the brunt of it. Countless sleepless nights and crying on my husband's shoulders increases stress in our relationship. There is so much I can do professionally and by being the mom that I want to be to prove to myself and to our families, but guess what? I can't do any of that because my husband has to support me financially and has to be around for his widowed mother, emotionally.

5. Travel restrictions:
Apart from the financial issue, I haven't been able to attend any conferences I have been a regular attendee of for the past few years. Why? Because they are all in the USA and it is not advisable to travel internationally while a PR application is in process inland. I have given talks in the past at some of the most acknowledged conferences in the US but this year, I was chained to my home. My husband is going to some of these events and speaking but can you imagine how small that makes me feel that not only I can't watch & support my husband while he is out there on the stage but that, in many ways, I have to let him take my place?

This is not an emotional appeal to you. It is a letter to let you know the bigger picture which sudden & unexplained delays help shape up. I hope that my this email is not going to get lost in the internet abyss and maybe someone will read this and try to reflect on how we can make things easier for everyone. I am sure that there must be a VERY good reason for these delays, but when you do not explain it to those of us affected, we are left in an a weird state of limbo and most of our days are spent speculating the worse. I have a lot of faith in the Canadian system. I just hope that I can find reasons to keep this faith alive.

Thank you for your time to read through this message.

I hope to hear something soon.

Best,
xx
UCI: xx (spousal sponsorship)
Phone: xx

I love this! It's brilliant, especially the section about the system reinforcing the patriarchy!!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--&gt; Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I really hope you hear something from CIC, BUT I doubt they will even bother reading through your long email... I didn't even bother going through all of what you said. :p :p My guess is that they don't even check their email box. I suggest you rather send this email to Chris Alexander or your MP office. Maybe you already did...

azarme09 said:

Dear CIC,

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
I really hope you hear something from CIC, BUT I doubt they will even bother reading through your long email... I didn't even bother going through all of what you said. :p :p My guess is that they don't even check their email box. I suggest you rather send this email to Chris Alexander or your MP office. Maybe you already did...
MPs are useless now until they return to House of Commons in Sept - after summer recess. At that time if the letter is compelling enough they can read it in Parliament which would help a lot because the entire political system will be there to listen.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Received GCMS notes today

Notes 6
Text: Sponsor Residency declaration : Canadian Citizen living exclusively outside Canada

*we live in Canada and applied inland, should I call CIC or send correction?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i wonder if it would make a difference if the sponsors, and the canadian families/friends of the applicant, are the ones contacting CIC and signing petitions? i don't see Canada (or any country, really) caring about the rights of foreign visitors applying to immigrate to their country. For the most part, i can see the response being "oh well, if you want to be here, you have to deal with the process. Applying for PR is a priveledge, not a right." I am for sure NOT condoning this attitude AT ALL. It just seems, generally, the only petitions or letters being sent are from applicants, not the sponsors and other canadian citizens. I would think if it's the canadian citizens who are expressing concern for how THEY and their families are being treated by their own government it would have more of an impact on goverment officials. Legally, from what i understand, the government can't do anything with a petition with non-resident or non-citizen signatures. Technically PRs don't even have voting rights in canada, so i don't see why the gov't would care about what the applicant is going through. I assume like most gov't officials, they do things based on how it will impact future votes.

I am not looking to start a controversy or argument. It's just a thought that has popped up!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I sent the email to these addresses. Most of them are out of office until the end of this month. Go figure.

civic said:
I wish they could read this and understand with human brains. I think you should send to all "big guys", not just to general CIC mailbox.

To: Alexis.Pavlich @ cic.gc.ca, Carl.Dholandas @ cic.gc.ca, costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca, Chris.Day @ cic.gc.ca, caruso @ cimmigrationlaw.com, david.manicom @ cic.gc.ca, Enza Uda <Enza.Uda @ cbc.ca>, Gerrit.Nieuwoudt @ cic.gc.ca, hbauder @ ryerson.ca, Jinny Sims <Jinny.Sims @ parl.gc.ca>, Kathy Tomlinson <Kathy.Tomlinson @ cbc.ca>, Kelly.White @ cic.gc.ca, kerrif @ cba.org, lexbase @ canimmigrate.com, Lysane.Blanchette-Lamothe @ parl.gc.ca, Mark.Newcombe @ cic.gc.ca, McCallum.J @ parl.gc.ca, Nicole.Girard @ cic.gc.ca, Peter.Sylvester @ cic.gc.ca, chris.alexander @ parl.gc.ca, jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca, CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca, minister @ cic.gc.ca, pm @ pm.gc.ca, "Keung, Nicholas" <nkeung @ thestar.ca>

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Yes, I understand that it has only been 4 months but I really need to know if my application is complete. Not issuing AORs is a foolish thing they are doing.

Ponga said:
While I can certainly applaud your tenacity in crafting such a well written letter, I suspect that CIC will not agree...since you only applied in April of this year. In their eyes, you haven't earned the right to complain yet.

Processing times [historically] fluctuate throughout the year, so it's possible that they will get back on track soon.

I do, however, agree that a simple update on their website, as to what has caused the latest delays, would be the humane thing to do.