sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Daizey said:
Yeah, I kind of take any week following a long holiday weekend pretty much a loss...government job or not, everybody pretty much slacks off on a short work week. I just wish they wouldn't, there's peoples lives here they keep putting off. :(
Maybe my government office is the only one, but at my office, everyone was in top notch gear getting things done as usual! Yeah there may be folks on vacation due to the holiday, but that doesn't stop what needs to be completed by certain deadlines. I don't see why anyone would go to work, and sit around..short week or not.. that's just plain ridiculous!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
RRSweet said:
Maybe my government office is the only one, but at my office, everyone was in top notch gear getting things done as usual! Yeah there may be folks on vacation due to the holiday, but that doesn't stop what needs to be completed by certain deadlines. I don't see why anyone would go to work, and sit around..short week or not.. that's just plain ridiculous!
It might not even be the reason that things are moving so slow, it's just something that makes us feel better because we can say it might be the cause. The main issue is that we have no idea why it's moving so slowly. :( If nothing else, we feel better saying "yep, that's what it is, that's why it's going so slow."

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
I sent this email to CIC this morning:
It represents very well, what we all been trough. In my case, just like you, the hardest part is to depend on my husband to pay for every little thing, to take me everywhere, since I can't have my driver's license until I get AIP. No mention I'm always afraid of a medical emergency, or getting pregnant, coz there's no way we would be able to pay for any of this since our financial situation is ridiculous after 11 months waiting. It drives me crazy when I was the one making more money, not that it can't be the opposite, I just don't want to be in this position. It changes everything when the 1st year of marriage has to go trough this stress, specially when there's no explanation to the delay or a expected date to process your file.

Hope you send this to someone who have a voice inside CIC!!!

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Did anybody created the twitter account they were talking about?

I'm not really familiar with twitter but I will create an account for myself only to post things related to us 2013 inland applicants.

If anybody did, can you please let me know what is the name of the account so I can start posting?!

Thanks.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:
It is almost a month since I got my decision made letter and I am still waiting on Montreal office.

I was told it will take 12 weeks, this is so stressfull, everyday I am hoping something will come in the mail.

Also yata520 do you know if we can apply for health card now or we have to wait until COPR ?
i am not sure too that's why i ask here but nobody know...

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
jen1975 said:
It is almost a month since I got my decision made letter and I am still waiting on Montreal office.

I was told it will take 12 weeks, this is so stressfull, everyday I am hoping something will come in the mail.

Also yata520 do you know if we can apply for health card now or we have to wait until COPR ?
I had been waiting for 10 weeks and finally received a letter for an interview scheduled tomorrow morning. I was told we are not allowed to apply any health care insurance provided by the Government unless having valid permit or COPR. The policy for Social insurance numbers was the same. I am sure you will be hearing soon in 12 weeks if the agent said so. I hope the news is coming soon tho.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
stellahello said:
I had been waiting for 10 weeks and finally received a letter for an interview scheduled tomorrow morning. I was told we are not allowed to apply any health care insurance provided by the Government unless having valid permit or COPR. The policy for Social insurance numbers was the same. I am sure you will be hearing soon in 12 weeks if the agent said so. I hope the news is coming soon tho.

Congrats on your interview tomorrow............ :) ;)

Thanks for answering my question, I hope I don't have to wait so long :-\

Where are you from ?

Keep us inform on how things goes tomorrow.........

Again congrats, I can't wait to get my date and know I can be free .................

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
stellahello said:
i think you wait around 6 weeks ~since you got ur dm around june 24 so 6 weeks

Jul 24, 2014
guys im still waiting for the letter from etobicoke(landing interview)
however itve been 3weeks already.
i got my dm letter and email(dm) on july 21st
so im just wondering is this waiting time normal?
is there anyway i can double check if they have sent out the letter to me or not yet?
and the letter would be the email or the actual letter that send it to my place?
and would it be sent to my lawyer aaddress( mailing address) or my address (currently address on cic)
thanks for all the help

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Forum members
please help on how OWP is filed along with Inland app?
My wife has post grad work permit expiring June 2015. When I go to Cic website to determine eligibility after filling up a questionaire it says she is eligible for a WP if she has an LMO. But she cannot obtain an LMO from her company and PGWP can't be extended. Also, AIP inland will take about an year so she has to be out of work for a while without an open work permit.
I know after AIP we can apply for her OWP. Is there a way to get an open work permit before her PGWP expires? And how we can file it with Inland spouse app.
Thank you

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
I hate to change subject, but I notice a lot of people mentioning that their application should be almost finished at 11 months? (I may be misunderstanding)... but ours was received December 2013, moved to Missisauga and then there has been no update since! (Still says 'application received' online when we check status.)

Does this seem wrong? Should we have been given some kind of update in this time?

Just double checking! :)

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
CherPare said:
I hate to change subject, but I notice a lot of people mentioning that their application should be almost finished at 11 months? (I may be misunderstanding)... but ours was received December 2013, moved to Missisauga and then there has been no update since! (Still says 'application received' online when we check status.)

Does this seem wrong? Should we have been given some kind of update in this time?

Just double checking! :)
Mine says the same and it was received November 2013. I haven't received any update and I don't think we will until the 11 months deadline (October for me and November for you CherPare)

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radium said:
Forum members
please help on how OWP is filed along with Inland app?
My wife has post grad work permit expiring June 2015. When I go to Cic website to determine eligibility after filling up a questionaire it says she is eligible for a WP if she has an LMO. But she cannot obtain an LMO from her company and PGWP can't be extended. Also, AIP inland will take about an year so she has to be out of work for a while without an open work permit.
I know after AIP we can apply for her OWP. Is there a way to get an open work permit before her PGWP expires? And how we can file it with Inland spouse app.
Thank you
You just need to add an Open Work Permit form to the Application Package, you also need to pay the OWP and send the receipt with your application. I just sent it in another envelope with a tag to indicate.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
i think you wait around 6 weeks ~since you got ur dm around june 24 so 6 weeks

I was thinking the same thing .........

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
A ray of hope!
I called CIC this morning and I told the (very sweet) agent that I would like to obtain a temporary file number to make sure that my file was received.
She took my & my husband's information and was able to confirm that my file was received on April 3rd 2014 - the same day my delivery notice from Canada Post states. So apparently they opened my file the same day and put in the sponsorship details. She gave me a temp file number which starts with XF-------. She also told me that when they start working on my file, the "X" in the number will disappear and the file number will remain the same, starting with just a single "F". I'm relieved that my packet didn't come back and that since they opened it, my application is complete. I'll go ahead and get my medical done this month and wait for the next step.