+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi guys, just wanna ask something my medical is expired yesterday and im August applicant waiting for AIP. do i need to redo my medical right now or just wait for them to tell me the next step? thanks

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi guys, just wanna ask something my medical is expired yesterday and im August applicant waiting for AIP. do i need to redo my medical right now or just wait for them to tell me the next step? thanks
If money is not an issue, I would just redo. Its really a gamble here and it all depends on the officer whether to issue an extension or not. Keep a photocopy of the form given to you by your panel physician and send it over to CIC with file number and your UCI and a short letter of explanation. I did my meds 5 months after i sent my app and confirmed via email with CPC-M directly. They replied to let me know its in my file but never update with ecas until stage 1 was approved.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
5hr3wd said:
Guys some good news! After calling thrice yesterday for little or no use. The third agent told me that after the message they sent to CPC-M about my application passing the date on the website, they replied saying they'll forward the issue to the supervisor while telling me that he went like 'oh it looks like the first stage has been approved just waiting on the letters to be issued' should see them within a week or so.

Long story short: This morning I got my AIP + DM! :D I'm so happy, I was worried my application would get lost.. I was a little out of queue but it's good to know that they're still doing something in there!

I wish you all goodluck. Good news will come for all of us just hang in tight!
Congrats!! Hooray for the great news! :D

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
If you are okay with AIP and do not need DM right away maybe wait. It's possible that they extend the medicals for you since you they recently expired and bc of the delays.

As Bruneian said if money is not an issue you could redo them. It's up to you to weigh the pros/cons of it all.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
5hr3wd said:
Thank you watchnlearn, princess029, yata520 and nurse2012.

@ yata520: Yeah they do that, but there were a few unhelpful agents that wouldnt even go further without asking for my sponsor (she was at work atm) so i had to call a few more times till i found someone who could help.

So from the calls I made, I found out that they're allowed to email the office once the timeline has passed your date. And then they just let you know if they replied and what they think is going to happen. After that they have to wait another 3 months before they can send another email for you.
sad , i call cic agent last month he alrdy give enquiry to cic-m and they sent me a email said that too many ppls request something like that ...oh well

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Starting to go crazy here. This is unreal.

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
Hi guys, Im hoping to get some advice from someone who has been in my position. I applied for PR through sponsorship back in March 2013. I received my AIP and my Open Work Permit early in 2014. I did my medical I am now just awaiting the next step ... whatever that is.

I want to know if I am safe to cross the Niagara border into the states for a day or two. Has anyone done this whilst on their OWP? I asked the CIC on the phone but they didn't give me a definitive answer. Surely they can't deny me entry if I have an OWP visa from CIC?

I have my friends coming over from England who I haven't seen for 2 years and I want to show them some of America.

Thanks

Sean

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
seanbeck1 said:
Hi guys, Im hoping to get some advice from someone who has been in my position. I applied for PR through sponsorship back in March 2013. I received my AIP and my Open Work Permit early in 2014. I did my medical I am now just awaiting the next step ... whatever that is.

I want to know if I am safe to cross the Niagara border into the states for a day or two. Has anyone done this whilst on their OWP? I asked the CIC on the phone but they didn't give me a definitive answer. Surely they can't deny me entry if I have an OWP visa from CIC?

I have my friends coming over from England who I haven't seen for 2 years and I want to show them some of America.

Thanks

Sean
Dm = decision made, if u go cross border then ur OWP will be no vaild after coz OWP =/= travel doc. no body know u will be for sure safe to come back or not

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
yata520 said:
Dm = decision made, if u go cross border then ur OWP will be no vaild after coz OWP =/= travel doc. no body know u will be for sure safe to come back or not
Anybody willing to expand on this?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seanbeck1 said:
It's just the `curse' of the Inland application.

As such, there is NO guarantee (even with your OWP, because it was simply based on your AIP and is not a travel document) that you will be allowed to re-enter Canada.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
seanbeck1 said:
As far as I know, if you leave the country at any time while applying for inland sponsorship, before receiving PR status, you're not guaranteed entry back into the country. And your application would be refused at that point, so you'd have to start all over again. I wouldn't chance it, not so close to having everything done! Some people have had luck taking a quick trip, but there's always a chance you might have issues. If it's not an emergency, don't do it!

Besides, it would give your friends more of an excuse to come see you again sooner, to take a trip to the states when it's safe for you to do so. :)

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Im not sure what the previous person means, as you dont have DM yet! However from my own experience, I crossed the border on a pgwp back in january, from niagara to buffalo! Coming back in was a breeze, gave our passports, and if I recall correctly the officer didnt even ask for the pgwp (valud visa on the passpor5 however) ! Its is my understanding that land crossing is not regulated as much as coming in through a commercial carrier! And let me tell u I've been asked some stupid questions at pearson! If I recall correctly you dont even need a valid visa to come back in through land crossing (as long as ur a temp resident, student or worker), someon3 correct me if im wrong!
However in ur case im not sure what status the owp that comes with AIP gives you! Its best if you call CBSA, they would know best!

seanbeck1 said:

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
Daizey said:
As far as I know, if you leave the country at any time while applying for inland sponsorship, before receiving PR status, you're not guaranteed entry back into the country. And your application would be refused at that point, so you'd have to start all over again. I wouldn't chance it, not so close to having everything done! Some people have had luck taking a quick trip, but there's always a chance you might have issues. If it's not an emergency, don't do it!

Besides, it would give your friends more of an excuse to come see you again sooner, to take a trip to the states when it's safe for you to do so. :)
Thanks for the advice. I am going to be in Niagara anyway to show my friends the Falls. Do you think there would be a chance that I could speak with a CBSA agent at the border before actually crossing? Has anybody actually crossed the border while on their OWP and came back with no issues?

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
ortom said:
Im not sure what the previous person means, as you dont have DM yet! However from my own experience, I crossed the border on a pgwp back in january, from niagara to buffalo! Coming back in was a breeze, gave our passports, and if I recall correctly the officer didnt even ask for the pgwp (valud visa on the passpor5 however) ! Its is my understanding that land crossing is not regulated as much as coming in through a commercial carrier! And let me tell u I've been asked some stupid questions at pearson! If I recall correctly you dont even need a valid visa to come back in through land crossing (as long as ur a temp resident, student or worker), someon3 correct me if im wrong!
However in ur case im not sure what status the owp that comes with AIP gives you! Its best if you call CBSA, they would know best!
Thank you. I thought the same. I thought it was okay to cross the border by land, but not leave the country through an airport.