+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
HARMIN said:
First I Wanna Say Congrats To Bruneian ....
Now Linden ..there got few countries in this world those don't give their citizenship to u even u born their and born from citizen parents and i am the one also belongs to that kind country ....I am from Singapore and In Singapore we have to finished National Service to become a Official Singapore Citizen ..Otherwise we r just a Permanent Resident In Singapore ..Every Singaporean guy have to give his 3 years to Country ...If u moved to other country without finished National Service then better u don't ever go back to Singapore , If u return to Singapore after few years then u will be charged under military Act And Will be punished According military laws And u r not allowed to leave Singapore after Finished ur prison term ...
I don't know much about bruneian country but i am sure their must be got some rules to obtained citizenship and bruneian not aware about that ...... 8)
Yes I am aware that there are some countries that don't give citizenship according to birth. thanks. :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
HARMIN said:
Now Linden ..there got few countries in this world those don't give their citizenship to u even u born their and born from citizen parents and i am the one also belongs to that kind country ....I am from Singapore and In Singapore we have to finished National Service to become a Official Singapore Citizen ..Otherwise we r just a Permanent Resident In Singapore ..Every Singaporean guy have to give his 3 years to Country ...If u moved to other country without finished National Service then better u don't ever go back to Singapore , If u return to Singapore after few years then u will be charged under military Act And Will be punished According military laws And u r not allowed to leave Singapore after Finished ur prison term ...
I don't know much about bruneian country but i am sure their must be got some rules to obtained citizenship and bruneian not aware about that ...... 8)

Harmin we sit for a citizenship exam that's almost in another language of Malay. But processing time is so slow.. And you have To get invited to sit for it. It's been 2 years and my sibling is still waiting for results. I know about the mandatory military service in sg but didn't know citizenship is not a birth right as well!

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
HARMIN said:
Uhmm Harmin, Citizenship is a birthright in Singapore. As long as you are born in Singapore with one parent a Singapore Citizen, you ARE a Singapore citizen. (unless you have a Diplomat Father and Singaporean Mother. child of the opposite gender scenario will be a SC )
If you are a male first generational child under 18 of PR parents, then you may apply for Singapore Citizenship after you finish NS which only runs full-time for 24 months.

Marvilus

Jun 6, 2014
Hello All,

I am a Canadian Citizen and the sponsor of my wife. Our file was received October 21 2013.

She was on Student Visa and when her paper expired we decided to apply inland. We have also a 2 years old boy.

Things got complicated on December. In a stupid dispute in a public place while protecting the kid (I was at work), the police came and realized that my wife papers are expired. They came to our place without announcement, confiscated her passport and started a removal order process. We were lucky to have already sent our file and that it was complete.

We did everything possible to avoid a separation, everything to buy time. Long Christmas holiday helped a bit. We asked for a CBSA agent who speaks french which is apparently hard to find in the GTA. They seemed to have 3 major problems: her passport was about to expire and they have to renew it, the 2 years old boy and the inland application sent. We had AOR already. But I think they don't care. They do everything possible to throw you out.

In February, they ''forced'' us to sign the removal order, we had no choice. But, we made things even complicated for them when we ask the PRRA form (for Refugee). This stop the removal order until a decision is made. We knew we had no chance with PRRA (she is from a country not in War) but we bought 3 months, hoping to get AIP in the meantime.

On Wednsday june 04 we received this letter from the Refugee Office in Vancouver:

'' Your PRRA Application

It has been determined that you are a person with respect to whom an application for permanent residence has been approved, in principle, subject to your meeting the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations with respect to inadmissibility.

As a result, no purposed would be served by continuing to consider your PRRA application. This notice is to inform you that your PRRA file has been closed.

Should it subsequently be determined that you are inadmissible to Canada, and your application for permanent residence is rejected, you will be permitted to reopen your PRRA file. You will be notified of this opportunity and you will be able to update your submissions regarding the discrimination factors you believe you would face if returned to your country of origin or habitual residence.

Please note that pursuant to R233, your removal order is stayed until a decision is made to grant, or not to grant, permanent resident status. ''

They basically informed us that we have AIP and it comes from a different agency. We tried to call Mississauga and no confirmation of AIP or anything. They seem to be more advanced than what they want us to believe.

Today we receive the OWP we sent with the application in October. A big relief. This confirm the letter. But still no sign from Mississauga. I see more good news coming here.

Application file received on October 21 2013
AOR received on November 27 2013
AIP ???? May 27 2014 (datethe letter sent)
OWP received June 06 2014

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
Marvilus said:
Hello All,

I am a Canadian Citizen and the sponsor of my wife. Our file was received October 21 2013.

She was on Student Visa and when her paper expired we decided to apply inland. We have also a 2 years old boy.

Things got complicated on December. In a stupid dispute in a public place while protecting the kid (I was at work), the police came and realized that my wife papers are expired. They came to our place without announcement, confiscated her passport and started a removal order process. We were lucky to have already sent our file and that it was complete.

We did everything possible to avoid a separation, everything to buy time. Long Christmas holiday helped a bit. We asked for a CBSA agent who speaks french which is apparently hard to find in the GTA. They seemed to have 3 major problems: her passport was about to expire and they have to renew it, the 2 years old boy and the inland application sent. We had AOR already. But I think they don't care. They do everything possible to throw you out.

In February, they ''forced'' us to sign the removal order, we had no choice. But, we made things even complicated for them when we ask the PRRA form (for Refugee). This stop the removal order until a decision is made. We knew we had no chance with PRRA (she is from a country not in War) but we bought 3 months, hoping to get AIP in the meantime.

On Wednsday june 04 we received this letter from the Refugee Office in Vancouver:

'' Your PRRA Application

It has been determined that you are a person with respect to whom an application for permanent residence has been approved, in principle, subject to your meeting the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations with respect to inadmissibility.

As a result, no purposed would be served by continuing to consider your PRRA application. This notice is to inform you that your PRRA file has been closed.

Should it subsequently be determined that you are inadmissible to Canada, and your application for permanent residence is rejected, you will be permitted to reopen your PRRA file. You will be notified of this opportunity and you will be able to update your submissions regarding the discrimination factors you believe you would face if returned to your country of origin or habitual residence.

Please note that pursuant to R233, your removal order is stayed until a decision is made to grant, or not to grant, permanent resident status. ''

They basically informed us that we have AIP and it comes from a different agency. We tried to call Mississauga and no confirmation of AIP or anything. They seem to be more advanced than what they want us to believe.

Today we receive the OWP we sent with the application in October. A big relief. This confirm the letter. But still no sign from Mississauga. I see more good news coming here.

Tks for sharing your story !! Good luck with your process !!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marvilus said:

You have received OWP without an AIP letter? And you're October 2013 applicant.
Is your case any different from a regular Sponsorship Inland?
I'm just asking because I've also applied in October 2013 and sent OWP with the application, but never heard of people receiving OWP before AIP being notified by CIC.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
You guys receiving OWP so early I also sent my owp application together with my pr august 6 and they responded on ur application first kinda unfair dor us august applicants

Marvilus

Jun 6, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
You have received OWP without an AIP letter? And you're October 2013 applicant.
Is your case any different from a regular Sponsorship Inland?
I'm just asking because I've also applied in October 2013 and sent OWP with the application, but never heard of people receiving OWP before AIP being notified by CIC.
We applied as everyone, we sent our application in Vegreville and early this year our file was transferred to Mississauga. We don't know whether it was treated differently or classified as a priority, which I doubt. It's been 8 months now and my guess is we'll receive AIP letter in 2 months (if any) from now. It is possible that CBSA intervention (checking the information) put our file at the top of the pile. It would have been costly for them to continue the removal process.

The hard part for us in the inland process was to get a Police check without a formal ID (passport) and medical background. CBSA finally gave us a copy of her expired passport with their stamp on it. We had to explain to the authorities that her passport was confiscated, which is suspect. But we finally got it. Even OHIP was impossible to get without an ID but we will try again since she received OWP.

Jumps2013

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
being that your wife was subject to removal order your case would have been processed as higher priority. i don't think the rest of us will be so lucky.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
jayshe25 said:
You guys receiving OWP so early I also sent my owp application together with my pr august 6 and they responded on ur application first kinda unfair dor us august applicants
Their application probably got processed because his wife had a removal order from CBSA and there was a kid involved. Probably a smart thing to apply for refugee status to buy some time. Note he's still waiting for AIP from CPC-M.

Anyways we should be happy for Marvilus.

Congrats Marvilus you're on your way

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
Marvilus said:
Hello All,

'' Your PRRA Application

wow ! congrats for OWP !! you guys fought really hard...

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
minime# said:
Why won't etobi coke give me a landing date yet!!!!! It's almost two months man geez
What date you received your DM? It should be 3-4 weeks after DM..

I got my DM may 13th and i just got a letter on June 5th to have an interview at Etobicoke office in June 11th..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Their application probably got processed because his wife had a removal order from CBSA and there was a kid involved. Probably a smart thing to apply for refugee status to buy some time. Note he's still waiting for AIP from CPC-M.

Anyways we should be happy for Marvilus.

Congrats Marvilus you're on your way
I had heard that CBSA would request CIC to expedite any existing Inland application (to AIP) if the applicant was out of status and was a subject of a removal order; not just those that had applied for a PRRA. This seems to be the replacement for the previous Administrative Deferral of Removal policy of theirs that ended in late 2011.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Marvilus said:
We applied as everyone, we sent our application in Vegreville and early this year our file was transferred to Mississauga. We don't know whether it was treated differently or classified as a priority, which I doubt. It's been 8 months now and my guess is we'll receive AIP letter in 2 months (if any) from now. It is possible that CBSA intervention (checking the information) put our file at the top of the pile. It would have been costly for them to continue the removal process.

The hard part for us in the inland process was to get a Police check without a formal ID (passport) and medical background. CBSA finally gave us a copy of her expired passport with their stamp on it. We had to explain to the authorities that her passport was confiscated, which is suspect. But we finally got it. Even OHIP was impossible to get without an ID but we will try again since she received OWP.
One thing I have noticed over the years is that sometimes a particularly difficult case gets pulled from the normal stream and ends up being faster than the same normal stream.

CIC seems to have a small cadre of officers to which the complex cases are assigned. In your specific case, it sounds like the applicant was a failed refugee (normally that's why CBSA has someone's passport). That would have pulled it from the normal stream. It sounds as if the officer assigned to your file made a positive selection decision already and that triggered the OWP being processed.

For those who think it is unfair, CIC does not promise to process applications in strict order of arrival. The date/times they post are for processing 80% of applications, but there can be substantial variation. This is hard to see for CPC-V because their times (data.gc.ca) are for Stage 2 completion (10/12/14/18/20 for "Spouse/Partner" class inland for the year ending 30 September 2013 - where the numbers are 20%/30%/50%/70%/80% completion).

CPC-M (which traditionally only does Stage 1) for that same time period was 1/2/3/5/6. So the published 80% time for them would have been "6 months" but 50% of applications were done in "3 months" and a few (20%) were done in 1 month.

For the OP, this could have easily gone the other way: it could have dragged out and taken a very long time.

Fair warning: it's likely stage 2 will be faster than normal as well because the applicant has already been examined (I saw this on my own application. Refused the first time but after all the checks had been done. The second time those checks came back clear instantly for the reviewing officer. The only delay was to get one of the more experienced officers to review due to the prior refusal. That happened fast for me because CIC was very motivated to make me go away.)