AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
vaida said:
Hi guys!

I'm just wondering now... I'm october 2013 applicant, i obviously still have no news regarding my application, I'm on a visitor visa now. I did not submit OWP with my initial application (which I regret now), so could I do it just now? Leaving a note 'do not process until AIP'? Would I get OWP with AIP, or that doesn't save it and I would still receive OWP somewhere around a month after AIP? thanksssssss ;)
If you intend to work soon, sending owp is a good idea. Regardless if it comes with aip or months after. As you know, no one can tell when dm would come. Some dont send owp because if dm comes almost at the same time, then the owp fee becomes a waste. But, no one can tell. Thats my opinion.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
vaida said:
Hi guys!

I'm just wondering now... I'm october 2013 applicant, i obviously still have no news regarding my application, I'm on a visitor visa now. I did not submit OWP with my initial application (which I regret now), so could I do it just now? Leaving a note 'do not process until AIP'? Would I get OWP with AIP, or that doesn't save it and I would still receive OWP somewhere around a month after AIP? thanksssssss ;)
You can apply online for an OWP after getting AIP. On the CIC website online applications show a processing time of 16 days.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
am i understanding that with a family sponsorship application in progress , we could apply for a owp if we have an lmo and not jeopardise our family sponsorship application

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
desktopgold said:
am i understanding that with a family sponsorship application in progress , we could apply for a owp if we have an lmo and not jeopardise our family sponsorship application
Yes that's quite correct.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
wow the magistrate at the border said we were not alowed to work in anyway

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
desktopgold said:
I think yes, but if you have LMO i think you can only apply for WP not OWP. You are exclusively working for the employer who signed your LMO for a certain of time.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
desktopgold said:
fwow the magistrate at the border said we were not alowed to work in anyway
Unless you have work permit.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
well before we figured we were applying inland ,one of my job offers ,the employer said they had the ability to get an lmo , but we have been waiting to get aip first . with my visitor record were not supposed to look for work even . but i think they could get me an lmo and i need to get to work , and i drive commercial for a living so no sin until aip i think and no drivers licence until sin . any help appreciated

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
desktopgold said:
well before we figured we were applying inland ,one of my job offers ,the employer said they had the ability to get an lmo , but we have been waiting to get aip first . with my visitor record were not supposed to look for work even . but i think they could get me an lmo and i need to get to work , and i drive commercial for a living so no sin until aip i think and no drivers licence until sin . any help appreciated
Seniors correct me if I am wrong, due to family sponsorship and you have LMO you can changed your status as a temporary worker. Once you are approved, they will provide you a temporary SIN until you get your PR. From here you can apply for drivers license..

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
I don't know why some sponsored spouse having a problem getting drivers license here in Ontario. I came here as student, I learned my driving skills here in Canada. Since We applied for the sponsorship, I changed my address and they have not question my status. I still retained my drivers license and been driving everyday to my volunteer.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
desktopgold said:
You can look for work (apply for jobs etc.) at any time even on a visitor's record. You just can't work until you have a WP or PR status etc. If your potential employer can get a LMO before you get AIP it might be worth looking into.

My partner was able to get a driver's license on a visitor record but that was for BC. It might depend what province you are living in.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
just got off phone with icbc they say i need letter stating approval in principle before getting commercial licence . im from usa and am a teamster and over 15 years of exp. they also said that on a case by case basis for a comercial licence with a work permit . Wish i had know this earlier . so many people here are so helpfull . i just got my msp card after i read on here it was possible and now this . although i wish i had know this earlier that i might be able to get a commercial licence with a wp and not have it affect my sponsorship for pr

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
desktopgold said:
just got off phone with icbc they say i need letter stating approval in principle before getting commercial licence . im from usa and am a teamster and over 15 years of exp. they also said that on a case by case basis for a comercial licence with a work permit . Wish i had know this earlier . so many people here are so helpfull . i just got my msp card after i read on here it was possible and now this . although i wish i had know this earlier that i might be able to get a commercial licence with a wp and not have it affect my sponsorship for pr
yeah for a commercial license makes sense you need AIP or WP.

My partner just got a regular class 5 license.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vaida said:
Hi guys!

As long as you are in status now, having a pending temporary status application will also give you "implied status" (meaning you remain in status until they decide on your temporary application). That means you don't have to renew your visitor status.