NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
HARMIN said:
May i know where ur husband right now ??i mean in canada or in jamaica?
And according to ur post u applied in march and u got first stage approval in july , but truth is nd spo one got their first stage approval that fast in inland application...
He is in Canada right now

From what I understood we filed for PR within Canada yes. I had spoken to CIC and they told me it was transferred to Jamaica as their end was completed and approved and would generally take 8 months for it.

Yes, I did complete this app myself and sorry to frustrate people in my unknowings/understandings.. but I, as many others I am sure, have never been in this situation before and trying to wrap my head around it

Thank you all for your help and patience

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Tuesdayc said:
Ok, I am a little confused on where to send my police certs now. I applied through the Vegreville office last year. Should I send the certs in to Vegreville or to the new Mississauga office?

Thanks!! :)
Hi Tuesdayc ..Good to hear that u Already got ur COC...About ur question i am not very sure also ..let u know later on because my lawyer gonna check with CIC about my application...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istheendnear said:
From what I understood we filed for PR within Canada yes. I had spoken to CIC and they told me it was transferred to Jamaica as their end was completed and approved and would generally take 8 months for it.

Yes, I did complete this app myself and sorry to frustrate people in my unknowings/understandings.. but I, as many others I am sure, have never been in this situation before and trying to wrap my head around it

It really is quite confusing at times, isn't it?!

Just curious...You mentioned in the Kingston thread that you and your husband were married while he was on his work visa. How did you apply to extend his stay?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
istheendnear said:
He is in Canada right now

You can still apply outland even from within Canada. It still sounds like you filed an outland application.

Do you have a copy of the application? What's the document number on the checklist form?

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Ponga said:
It really is quite confusing at times, isn't it?!

Just curious...You mentioned in the Kingston thread that you and your husband were married while he was on his work visa. How did you apply to extend his stay?

Yes very confusing! :eek: He was on a farmworking visa and they called him back and he has the same sin number and everything and pays into canadian taxes just as anyone else so from what hear and understand they gave him an open work permit? We had been into and talked to our local MP and that is what they said because how can someone be working and paying taxes legitimately without a sin number- keeping in mind when he was here every year the sin expired and you couldnt even plug it into the computer even filing taxes without an error coming up

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
I guess no one got any news from Etobicoke :( :( :(

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Linden said:
You can still apply outland even from within Canada. It still sounds like you filed an outland application.

Do you have a copy of the application? What's the document number on the checklist form?
Yes u r right ..i think they filed out land application by mistake ...

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Linden said:
You can still apply outland even from within Canada. It still sounds like you filed an outland application.go

From my findings, it is IMM3900 - I just googled it now, as the paperwork I do have but not on me at the moment. We filled out the pkg we were originally directed to by cic and payed all fees upfront (believe it was around $1100 if that fact helps) and then were later sent a request for a medical and sent the IMM#s of a couple more forms to fill out- from my understanding that had been added since we filed.

Sorry if I sound brainless lol it just is a big whirlwind!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should find out exactly what his working status is ASAP. It sounds like he's ok, but you really need to know how long his OWP is valid.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
istheendnear said:
From my findings, it is IMM3900 - I just googled it now, as the paperwork I do have but not on me at the moment. We filled out the pkg we were originally directed to by cic and payed all fees upfront (believe it was around $1100 if that fact helps) and then were later sent a request for a medical and sent the IMM#s of a couple more forms to fill out- from my understanding that had been added since we filed.

Sorry if I sound brainless lol it just is a big whirlwind!
Yes this is an outland application. Which is fine but you need to find out if your husband still has legal status in Canada.

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Linden said:
Yes this is an outland application. Which is fine but you need to find out if your husband stIill has legal status in Canada.

From what I have been told he is legal on different levels, work wise- no I dont know when it expires or the story behind it as his bosses are not organized or dont like sharing info- they are treated like slaves for sure on most farms! and was told because we were married while he was here, we had a child and have been together for two years + etc he was considered legal- who knows now i guess ???

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istheendnear said:
From what I have been told he is legal on different levels, work wise- no I dont know when it expires or the story behind it as his bosses are not organized or dont like sharing info- they are treated like slaves for sure on most farms! and was told because we were married while he was here, we had a child and have been together for two years + etc he was considered legal- who knows now i guess ???
Uh...you need to have him look into this ASAP as it could be a real problem with your Outland application.

Being married and having a child does NOT make him, or anyone legal.

Seriously...you need to look into this NOW!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
istheendnear said:
Well if he has a work permit, he should have that document. Sorry to hear his bosses aren't accommodating him well. The fact that you are married and have a child together unfortunately does not give your husband legal status in Canada. Try to dig up the information on your husband's current visa then we can better answer your questions. Good luck!!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
istheendnear said:
Apply for extension for his visa .the reason is he applied for sponsorship application and still waiting for the outcome . should also mention that if he wouldnt success receiving his PR he would leave the country afterwards. just to convince the VO to grand his visa. that is if his work permit expired.
There is another option, he can apply to extend his work permit based on his application for PR . this work permit made specially for people who applied for pr while having work permits.