Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Yeah we paid 90$ for 4 people at a camp ground. But if you don't have a lot of money you can always go backcountry hiking/camping! Some parks allow you to do it for free and others charge like 5-10$. You won't be able to use a campfire but other than that it's a lot of fun :) More like our Scandinavian way of camping I'm sure haha.
We decided to go tomorrow instead of. The weather is supposed to be brilliant. My boyfriend knows this really good spot just by the foothills which he's been going for many years now so he knows the place. We got some bear maze as well just in case.. Last time we went camping we encountered a moose and that was scary lets say the least lol. :) haha for sure. I don't even remember going camping back home. One sweet day we will get a van or something like that.. That's Canada got to experience this beauty of a country! We went hiking yesterday which was my 1st time and I have lived here for just over 2 years and I LOVED it! So beautiful. Not like flat boring England and Denmark :)

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hi guys,

I was just reading some posts and it make me wonder.

Well we submitted our appl in March and you know when you have to add tax filed docs.
We didn't, since my hubby hasn't filed taxes in 13 years in Canada that's how long he was out of Canada. We did sent a letter explaining the lack of this doc.
This will be his first year filling taxes
What are your thoughts?

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good morning all! :)

Just a question of opinion - hubby's parents and siblings recently visited for a month from Europe and we have a lot of pictures of us doing things together as a family etc. Is it necessary to send these pictures or even further proof of relationship even if CIC doesn't ask? Or should it just be left alone unless they ask for further proof?

Just wondering is all. I am getting so stressed out lately. Haha.
Hi,
I called CIC about this as I had the same question. There reply was, it is your application so you can keep adding evidence if you want. Personally I think its better to add evidence if you have it. It will only make your file stronger.

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
I applied for PR through sponsorship back in March. Still waiting and hoping to hear something soon. I feel like a fucking farmyard animal being herded around a field. My grandma is ill back home in England, yet i'm unable to leave the country due to the risk of me not being allowed back in. Furthermore, I myself was ill a few weeks ago but couldnt do anything about it. When I arrived in the country, I was granted a health card for the duration of my IEC visa which has now expired. I am under implied status right now with an expired health card. Anybody have any idea what i'd be expected to do should I be seriously injured? I do work in a manual job (plumber).

Thanks guys

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
seanbeck1 said:
I applied for PR through sponsorship back in March. Still waiting and hoping to hear something soon. I feel like a *censored word*ing farmyard animal being herded around a field. My grandma is ill back home in England, yet i'm unable to leave the country due to the risk of me not being allowed back in. Furthermore, I myself was ill a few weeks ago but couldnt do anything about it. When I arrived in the country, I was granted a health card for the duration of my IEC visa which has now expired. I am under implied status right now with an expired health card. Anybody have any idea what i'd be expected to do should I be seriously injured? I do work in a manual job (plumber).

Thanks guys
Hello,

Where do you live now?
In Alberta, you may able to extend your Alberta Health Care.
Call and let them know you are waiting for your visa.
I am not sure how they are dealing with it right now but it worked for me since last year.
They will extend at least 3 months.

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
stellahello said:
Hello,

Where do you live now?
In Alberta, you may able to extend your Alberta Health Care.
Call and let them know you are waiting for your visa.
I am not sure how they are dealing with it right now but it worked for me since last year.
They will extend at least 3 months.
I live in Toronto, Ontario. I called Service Ontario a few weeks ago, and spoke to a really ignorant woman who plainly said 'no visa, no health card'. Maybe I should give it a second try and see if I get a more sympathetic representative.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
seanbeck1 said:
I live in Toronto, Ontario. I called Service Ontario a few weeks ago, and spoke to a really ignorant woman who plainly said 'no visa, no health card'. Maybe I should give it a second try and see if I get a more sympathetic representative.
Hi, I've just asked about OHIP to a senior member at 'Inland Applications 2012'. (I don't live in Ontario, though...) It might help you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.8610.html

Tomorisu said:
Screech, the applicants in Ontario can register OHIP after AIP? If they can, is it only for Inland applicants? Or Outland applicants can register OHIP if they are already in Ontario?
screech339 said:
Actually both inland and outland. Inland can get on OHIP 3 months after AIP and outland can get OHIP 3 months after they enter Canada. They can't get OHIP from within canada if they applied outland. They would have to leave Canada and re-enter with COPR in passport and then land. Once they land they wait 3 months for qualifcation.

Screech339
I think you need to wait until you receive your AIP.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So according to the AOR's rec'd lately, I should be receiving mine by the end of this week.

I check the mail and screamed out loud cuz there is a letter from Immigration!!!! :eek:

I flip it over about to open it, and its addressed to our landlord (the homeowners we rent from). Guess she is awaiting something or rather too.....*sigh*

But OMFG!!! WHAT A LET DOWN!!!!! :-[

Her's is from the Case Processing Pilot in Ottawa...I guess ours will be from Vegreville.....

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seanbeck1 said:
I applied for PR through sponsorship back in March. Still waiting and hoping to hear something soon. I feel like a *censored word*ing farmyard animal being herded around a field. My grandma is ill back home in England, yet i'm unable to leave the country due to the risk of me not being allowed back in. Furthermore, I myself was ill a few weeks ago but couldnt do anything about it. When I arrived in the country, I was granted a health card for the duration of my IEC visa which has now expired. I am under implied status right now with an expired health card. Anybody have any idea what i'd be expected to do should I be seriously injured? I do work in a manual job (plumber).

Thanks guys
Did you Apply for you're Inland PR and Open Work Permit while you was still on your IEC visa?

Because if you did, you didn't have to stop working..

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
As has been pointed out to you ad nauseum, Jamesdavid3, there is a great deal of uncertainty about whether an IEC visa can be extended by the implied status gained through applying for an OWP. While sharing your opinion is one thing, presenting it as fact without noting that there is a great deal of confusion on the legality of continuing to work after the IEC expires is irresponsible. Some applicants may be willing to take the risk, but they should be informed that there IS a risk of having continued work be considered ILLEGAL by CIC. We've seen it happen.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
You were stating it as fact, with no mention of the fact that we have SEEN in this forum that some have encountered major trouble after continuing to work on an expired IEC visa. It's irresponsible to share your opinion as fact when you know there are a lot of people who believe you are quite wrong about the issue. People deserve to have adequate information to make their own informed decisions.

Some who continue to work after expiry of IEC apparently experience no problems. However, some DO. People should know that there IS a risk, as CIC is very, very unclear and inconsistent about whether or not IEC can be extended via implied status. Some may want to take that risk. For others, anything that could possibly put their PR application in jeopardy is unwelcome.

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Did you Apply for you're Inland PR and Open Work Permit while you was still on your IEC visa?

Because if you did, you didn't have to stop working..
... I didn't stop working.

I applied for PR and an OWP Inland. I called the CIC on the day my IEC expired and had it confirmed to me that I was legally allowed to continue to work under implied status.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
seanbeck1 said:

Thanks guys
My husband and I are going through the same issue. His grandmother is sick and he can't go - his family invited us out to Europe before his visa expired so now a trip there is out of the question. Though he doesn't work in a manual job, I worry about the same thing. I've included him on my work insurance as a beneficiary - not sure if that would help him with an expired health card though but it's a great precaution. I think that if you are injured at work, you would have to pay for medical care as if you were visiting the country on vacation etc. I'm not 100% sure about this though, so I would double check or call CIC to be sure.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
I'm on my wife's benefits from work as well. They are fine and cover 80% of specific expenses (such as dental), which is pretty good. However they don't cover things like hospital stays etc at all, so I had to get a private insurance plan which does.

It's an extra expense I'm not very happy about since, y'know, I can't work while waiting... but it certainly came in handy when I broke a tooth and had to have a root canal. It paid itself off right there.

My strong recommendation is: Get private insurance.