02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
ACS said:
Lol....no kidding....when u see some interview questions...I tell you even my parents who have been married 48 years wouldn't get them all right!!

But if an interview meant instant AIP....I'd totally be all for it!! ;)
I dread an interview as well. I'm okay with them though I laugh a lot and make stupid jokes. Hubby is a chatter box, you ask him a question and he's off on a tangent for the next half hour.

:p

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Nigea said:
It is a shame you think you are above the rest of us. Canada is an equal country and therefore, obviously not the place for you.

yes, and this forum is for support eachother not to see how can be more important than other just becuase born in europe or whatever... o men! that's ridiculous !

but let's just drop the subject... better

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
bankerguy said:
Hey guys!

My gf is on a post grad work permit (1 year remaining)

she is submitting her family class - common-law application this week along with a OWP application.
We REALLY REALLY hope that we get AIP within 12 months ! otherwise she will have to quit her job since Post grad work permits dont get 'implied status' (something i learned today)

SO..my question... is do you think she will get AIP within 12 months?
Hello Bankerguy...I taught my story could help you a little, I belong to the 2012 forum but i was just curious to see how 2013 group is doing...apparently the same as the rest of us lol....restless and AIPless LOL.

So, I had a post-graduate work permit for 3 yrs and expired just this July, I don;t have an AIP yet but I am under implied status since me and my hubby have applied before my status expired which was Nov/16/12.So, don't be worried.... everything will be fine.if you have any questions, feel free to ask me at the other forum for 2012 i check it more often. Good luck!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! I was reading that post and couldn't believe my eyes! There Really are people who feel that way in 2013!?! Sad truth is, I don't think he is a troll...I think he really, truly feels that way....I don't wish anything bad to anyone but maybe he shouldn't get his PR and can stay in his "nice country"....With that type of attitude Canada is NOT a place for him!...Ok, done! Time to go do my laundry too lol

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
VioletBlue said:
Wow! I was reading that post and couldn't believe my eyes! There Really are people who feel that way in 2013!?! Sad truth is, I don't think he is a troll...I think he really, truly feels that way....I don't wish anything bad to anyone but maybe he shouldn't get his PR and can stay in his "nice country"....With that type of attitude Canada is NOT a place for him!...Ok, done! Time to go do my laundry too lol
if it makes him happy to express such horrible thoughts so be it. I got told it was too much of me to call him ignorant, so next time he burst out ruthless stuff like that I'm just going to ignore it. Pretty upsetting to see people really are like that.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
I look forward to next week... something is screaming movement and progress :) here's for faith ;D !!!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
To be honest the applications should be split into 2 piles.

1 Pile of applications which have absolutely No technicalities at all, the most straight forward cases in the world to process, applications from known countries, like UK, some good places of Europe. These cases would be so easy to process that if the agent reading the application could have it completed within a week and you can have you're PR status...

The other applications pile should include people applying for poor/middle eastern counties, people who have children, how have been married before or who's application will be red flagged straight away for many reasons because its the people and applications like these which are slowing up the whole process for us people who have a normal, clean, easy and perfect application.

From the moment the applications on the desk of the person checking it shouldn't take long to process, he reads it and checks the application, makes sure its a real relationship etc then process it its because of the most complicated cases that delays everyone's
so wrong.

emmy_alex

Sep 8, 2013
Hey guys,

I am completely new to the forum and I am so lost an overwhelmed about the whole immigration thing and so is my boyfriend. I am so sorry If I am bothering or asking stupid questions, but I am so worried.

I haven't started the process yet, and I've read so many confusing information that it's hard to know how to start. So my situation is:

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend who is from quebec for over two years. We spent 4 months apart in 2012 because I had to go back to my country (Brazil) to visit my family and prepare to come back to Montreal as a college student. Since I came back last year my boyfriend and I have been living together, and we would like to apply as common law, as we have no religious background and we already share our lives as a married couple we have no actual plans to get married any time soon.

We are wondering, do they see common-law applicants as a bad thing?
Also I am not sure if inland would be the best option in this case because we are so scared if they somehow see it as a bad thing and I get rejected that I won't be able to apply again!

I mean we do have a real relationship, but we are not one of those facebook couples who takes a picture together every second and keep record of everything we do together. But we do share our lives completely, and depend on each other in financial, emotional and every possible level. And many people that know us as a couple know it and see it. So I'm sure we are more than fine to prove our situation, but it is always scary.

We have live together for over an year, but the thing is. It was in his mother place. She is an older lady and she has trouble walking, so He has to be living there while she was having her knees replaced. So would that be seen as a bad thing? we ha our own section of the house in the basement: our bedroom and our own living room, but we shared common areas. She needed us and I love her like a mom, she has been a real mom to me here in Canada where I don't have any family.

Now that my mom-in-law is recovering well and it's fine to be alone, we just moved to our own place. I am starting a one-year post graduation work permit, and I wish not to stop working until the whole sponsorship is done, or at least not for a long time. And since I really don't want to go back to Brazil and be apart again and I don't want to lose my job we thought that maybe doing the inland was the best option for us. And maybe by the time the first stage is approved I can get a work permit and keep my job.

So, do you guys think we are in a fine situation to do the sponsorship as common-law? Is inland too big of a risk? Sorry about all the stupid question and to bug you all, we are just scared of everything and of having to be apart again!

Thanks in advance!
Sorry about the confusing writing!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi Emmy! First, take a breath, haha. NOT making fun of you. The process is terribly intimidating and complicated when you first start thinking about how to undertake it.

Common-law is no "better" or "worse" than being married. There is exactly one real difference, and that is the requirement to have lived together continuously for at least 12 full months (and you will need to be able to prove that to CIC's satisfaction). You say you spent 4 months living apart. Had you lived together for at least 12 months prior to that separation? If the answer is yes, then you established a common-law relationship. Being apart for a few months after that does not end the common-law relationship unless you want to end it at that point. However, if you had not fulfilled the common-law obligation of 12 full and continuous months of cohabitation, then you must restart the clock from the time you returned in 2012.

As for where you lived together, CIC doesn't care about that, except for the fact that you have to be able to prove your cohabitation. Living with his mother is fine, but as you won't have both of your names on a lease to provide to CIC as proof, you'll need to put together other proofs. Did you both have mail delivered to you at that location? Did you have a joint bank account? Share a cell phone plan? Can his mother write a statement about the two of you cohabitating there (senior members have to help with this one - I think a letter from the landlord/property owner must be a sworn statement? not sure).

Inland isn't a "bad" option, it's just different than ouland. The biggest drawback to inland is that you are not supposed to leave Canada at all for the entire duration of the application process. The biggest advantage to applying inland is that you can submit an application for OWP (open work permit) with your inland application, which will allow you to work after stage one approval (AIP = approval in principle, stage one approval, estimated at 10 months currently), and the submission of which will give you "implied status" to allow you to legally stay in Canada if your current status expires. It's true that you can't appeal an inland denial, but if your proof leaves CIC in doubt of your relationship, they would schedule an interview before denying you, anyhow, in which you and your partner will have a chance to dispel their concerns.

Common-law couples are under the same burden as married couples to prove to CIC in their applications that they are in a genuine and continuing relationship. This means that, yes, you'll need some photos showing the two of you together. Are there other proofs you can gather? Traveled together? Include travel itineraries. You say you've depended on each other financially? Send statements from any joint accounts. Emotional support? Send examples from any chat logs or phone bills that show you communicating regularly when you're apart. You can also gather statements from friends and family if you feel you need more proof. No one can say just how much you need. I stressed out for months, thinking I hadn't sent NEARLY enough after reading about the copious proofs some on this forum have sent. I sent only a 4 page document with 8 photos and information about where/when those photos were taken, along with two travel itineraries. It was enough, in my case.

You're likely quite fine. I'm sure I stressed a lot more than I needed to about everything, haha. Good luck to you and your partner!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Line.a said:
if it makes him happy to express such horrible thoughts so be it. I got told it was too much of me to call him ignorant, so next time he burst out ruthless stuff like that I'm just going to ignore it. Pretty upsetting to see people really are like that.
I don't think at all that its too much to tall him ignorant! He probably deserved much Worse than that...lol...but anyways, moving on! I'm so glad that he is the Only one that I ecountered on this forum who thinks this way! Everyone else seems to bee genuine, down to earth and willing to help! :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hey guys! Casn someone please share the link for the spreadsheet? Thank you!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
rorodegdeg said:
Hey I would like to PM Guri to add my info but I'm not allowed to do it.
do somebody know why ?
I think there's a minimum of post that you have to have before you are allowed to PM. I'm not too sure though. :/