+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hi everyone! Finally a big burdern on my shoulder was lifted and Im happy receiving the AIP (march 26) :) well today i started applying for my Quebec health card and OWP which i just mailed , im hoping i can get the Owp as soon as possible so that i can start to work. My life will be back to normal again... ;D

I just have one question: Is the CSQ & AIP enough requirements to exchange my drivers license here in MONTREAL? or do i need for the full PR card and the confirmation to be able to apply for an EXCHANGE OF DRIVERS LICENSE? its too confusing ::) I hope someone can answer me or give me an idea about it...

Thanks to all of you and I wish everyone the best!!!!

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have one tax question, I am going to do the tax return to let my spouse claim benefits - I was always under the impression that it will be 10 382 $ but now when I go through it it seems that It can be only 15 percent of it, which is not much :( - is it true or am I missing something.

Thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
SssS said:
I have one tax question, I am going to do the tax return to let my spouse claim benefits - I was always under the impression that it will be 10 382 $ but now when I go through it it seems that It can be only 15 percent of it, which is not much :( - is it true or am I missing something.

Thanks
yea we get smth like that too.. i was hoping for more :D

but better than nothing! in my home place they dont give any money at all! (unless u worked about 2 years in the past and are jobless now plus u gotta register to specific unemployment institution)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
PUZZLED said:
hi everyone! Finally a big burdern on my shoulder was lifted and Im happy receiving the AIP (march 26) :) well today i started applying for my Quebec health card and OWP which i just mailed , im hoping i can get the Owp as soon as possible so that i can start to work. My life will be back to normal again... ;D
congrats!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww everyone you are welcome for the chart. I will try to keep it posted more often though.
Hey there PUZZLED, congratulations on your AIP. Do you know the date they signed the letter for?
SssS: I am assuming that your spouse didn't earn any income this past year. For us, I haven't and he was able to claim the $10,382 amount just fine. Maybe you should try using the Ufile program. That is what we did.Hoping to get the amount it says sometime this week.

And I have some news, like Cmilo, my FIL took the FOSS request form to work with him and faxed it this morning.
Hopefully it only takes a week or two to get them. I am anxious. I hope it gives a bit more information and that is good.

P.S. BB, is landing tomorrow. Yay, I am so excited for her. :D

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the form requesting the FOSS notes was rather easy... or maybe I didnt fill it up properly?
they dont seem to ask much information...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
No you're right it is fairly easy.
Just put a couple of check marks where its needed, fill in your name/address/client id, then sign and date it.
I wish the whole process was this easy. Lol.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
No you're right it is fairly easy.
Just put a couple of check marks where its needed, fill in your name/address/client id, then sign and date it.
I wish the whole process was this easy. Lol.
Haha well i hope we gat our FOSS notes soon
and i can figure out whats happening with my case, im getting sort of depressed seeing posts saying that after your file getting transfetrred it could take up to a year before you get any news...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Well I hope you get yours before me so you can find out sooner. :)
Please don't let this process consume you (even though its hard).
And it all depends on the office and how busy they are. Some have been called in 2 months after transfer and others 2 years.
You just don't know. You just have to keep remembering what you are doing this for and keep pushing for a positive decision. I know you will get it. Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you ever need to.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Well I hope you get yours before me so you can find out sooner. :)
Please don't let this process consume you (even though its hard).
And it all depends on the office and how busy they are. Some have been called in 2 months after transfer and others 2 years.
You just don't know. You just have to keep remembering what you are doing this for and keep pushing for a positive decision. I know you will get it. Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you ever need to.
Thank you L_Y...
ihavent been able to figure out how busy cic montreal is.... nobody seems to know, ive been asking for a while now.
Im just pretty frustrates knowing that i havent been able to work or study for so long, and now that im supposed to get an answer and that i can have a job, my case seems to take longer...
One tries to be strong but sometimes one breaks down.

Thanks again L_Y, if one day you decide to visit montreal when all this nightmare will be over, dont hasitate and contact me
maybe we could go out for a coffee at least :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Cmilo said:
Thank you L_Y...
ihavent been able to figure out how busy cic montreal is.... nobody seems to know, ive been asking for a while now.
Im just pretty frustrates knowing that i havent been able to work or study for so long, and now that im supposed to get an answer and that i can have a job, my case seems to take longer...
One tries to be strong but sometimes one breaks down.

Thanks again L_Y, if one day you decide to visit montreal when all this nightmare will be over, dont hasitate and contact me
maybe we could go out for a coffee at least :)
I really hope that you find out soon. I can only begin to imagine how frustrated you must be since the regular wait itself is hard enough as it is. But I hope you don't give up and keep pushing through. It is normal to break down about this. The best part is it can only get better from here. Aww and what a sweet offer. I have been wanting to visit out that way since it seems so beautiful and so I would love to get a coffee together. :) Thank you!

P.S. Maybe you should see if you can take either a weekend getaway together to a hotel or actually vacation somewhere else in Canada for a while. Hubby and I stayed in a hotel for 3 nights and let me tell you, it felt so nice and we didn't let the worrying get to us. We promised we would not talk about immigration during our stay or about money (because we all know that can be a stressor). Hopefully you could do the same. You both deserve the break even for a little while. :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Foss notes arrived today!!! We only sent the fax last week on Monday. Was about 20-30 pages long some notes were interesting. Says medical- passed but not yet security and background, that space was blank. Not sure where I would see a BFD??? Anyone know?
Man wish other processing times where this quick lol :)

Heres to receiving more mail from CIC this week!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Woo that is awesome kiwikris, I hope you get finished with this process soon.
You really deserve to and quick. I can't remember where my BF'd dates would be either but let me check my last FOSS notes...okay?
I seriously hope I get my FOSS notes soon and that the give some helpful information. I had mine faxed this morning.
What part of Canada do you live at kiwikris? I would love to receive mine in a week. And yeah if only the whole process was that quick and if the forms were that easy too. Lol. That is just hopeful wishing though isn't it? ::)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
A few more hours and i will officially be a Canadian Permanent Resident!. OK. Its only 1.25 and i cant sleep. . I have waited fopr this for 14 months 4 days!!!!. And now i cant wait for less than 8 hours!!....
Im partying it up tonightm !..
We are having a landing party, My hubby ordered a cake with the canadian flag colours ie red and white. There are banners everywhere saying "welcome to Canada!".
Im up blowing red and white balloons. .
All my friends are comign and YES we are doing it later after i land!. im gettng wasted and im Celebrating this !!..
Im feeling a little nostalgic right now!. My friends sais they will make me sing the Canadian national Anthem!. hahahahaha!..
Sorry about the typos but ive had one too many.. hehehehehh.