Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Earth hour! running off the battery on my laptop. Sitting with a glass of wine in the ambiance of candle light. Reminds me of the olden days...no electricity.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
Earth hour! running off the battery on my laptop. Sitting with a glass of wine in the ambiance of candle light. Reminds me of the olden days...no electricity.
What about the router?

:)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
OMG I totally forgot lol I got watching something spooky on TV ..00000pppppps :eek:

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Your right Baloo....ooops! Well i tried LOL

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Well, if everyone try's a little bit hopefully we can make a change. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
santacruzan said:
suiem just wanna ask whats the diff after getting married ? im confisued
our wedding is mid april and one of my friend here in north they just got married and at the same time they got thier mc after the ceremony
yes maybe were bit delay were still waiting for some documents too
The difference is that with common law, you have to show sufficient evidence of at least on year cohabitation. If you are married you don't have to show all that but you still need to show proof of a genuine relationship. Even though we were married, we approached the application as if it were a common law application still. We sent copies of our drivers license showing same address, proof that we had each other as beneficiaries on our life insurance plans at work, copies of bank and credit card statements. We sent one that showed the date the account was opened and one of the most recent ones to show they were still open at the time of PR application. We also got letters of support from his family and friends as well as mine too. We sent copies of letters addressed to both of us from the daycare our child attends as well as from the City of Toronto. For some reason, we realized at the end that I'm not on the lease even though we thought I was... so we got our building to write a letter stating that I am living there for how long.

As for the marriage cert... which province are you in? I applied online and got mine in about 2 weeks. I was going to wait the 12 weeks they said but I wanted to try online anyways and see how long it would take. After the ceremony we get a paper (I think solemnization or something of the ceremony) that had the registration # and that's what we needed to apply for the marriage certificate. If you want to wait until after the ceremony you can choose to but you're not sure how long it will take to get the cert. Also, if I were you, I would want to send the info to them ASAP so as not to delay further. Good luck with all and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and here we go...

We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 6, 2010.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 25, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

Does someone know how long it takes for them to contact you?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Cmilo said:
and here we go...

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 25, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

hi cmilo! Ive got my AIP yesterday and im hoping you will get yours because we are on the same time line. My mistake was i didnt apply for work permit before ...so im just filling up the application now and send it by post on monday and hopefully i can get the permit soon :) anyway im praying for everyone here to get a good results soon. Have a GOOD DAY! :)

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
suenim said:
The difference is that with common law, you have to show sufficient evidence of at least on year cohabitation. If you are married you don't have to show all that but you still need to show proof of a genuine relationship. Even though we were married, we approached the application as if it were a common law application still. We sent copies of our drivers license showing same address, proof that we had each other as beneficiaries on our life insurance plans at work, copies of bank and credit card statements. We sent one that showed the date the account was opened and one of the most recent ones to show they were still open at the time of PR application. We also got letters of support from his family and friends as well as mine too. We sent copies of letters addressed to both of us from the daycare our child attends as well as from the City of Toronto. For some reason, we realized at the end that I'm not on the lease even though we thought I was... so we got our building to write a letter stating that I am living there for how long.

As for the marriage cert... which province are you in? I applied online and got mine in about 2 weeks. I was going to wait the 12 weeks they said but I wanted to try online anyways and see how long it would take. After the ceremony we get a paper (I think solemnization or something of the ceremony) that had the registration # and that's what we needed to apply for the marriage certificate. If you want to wait until after the ceremony you can choose to but you're not sure how long it will take to get the cert. Also, if I were you, I would want to send the info to them ASAP so as not to delay further. Good luck with all and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you Suenim very much for your help, we both really appreciate it.
Northern70 + Santacruzan

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Cmilo said:
and here we go...

Very Familiar , I and others have the same , now you could be waiting weeks or another year , all depends on your circumstances .

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Cmilo said:
OMG really?????
I cant believe it...
Dont worry, do you have AIP yet ? I guess not by your posts, you may have to attend an interview with it being sent to local office or interview may be waived , its the Immigation officers discretion either way. Hopefully you will be waived then your app will be straight foward .

My ECAS said exactly the same and when it was updated to ' we transfered your file to local office and they may contact you' they did for an interview and ECAS was NOT updated for over 12 months. Your case could be different.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Cmilo said:
OMG really?????
I cant believe it...
contact ur local office, ask about the waiting time. good luck. dont get too nervous about it.