Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
adzees said:
Nope they will not open it. The BF date they put on your file after sending you the letter is exactly the number of days they put on the letter. For example they sent me a letter on October 26 2010 requesting me to go through medical (which i already did and Ottawa lost it), and they only opened my file on January 26th, 2010. I ordered my Foss notes in December 2010, and i knew it from them that next time my file will open on January 26, 2011.

I called the call center, and they told me that the requested document is attached to your file on January 26th. Even though they received it on November 3rd 2010, but ecas says they received it on January 26th, 2011.

They will never open your file before the time duration unless they have put BF date for something else. If an IO has requested you something and every thing else is fine with your application then they will open the file after the number of days passed mentioned on the requesting letter.

If they are asking for your response within 90 days that means they will not look at it before 90 days.
Yeah but adzees you are already past the Vegreville stage. Obviously the local office has more time to process. If they don't open up your application before the time needed for AIP then how would they know when to request the additional documents? Like I said several people have been requested at the 7 month mark for their application to update information and none were held back on processing. Once in goes to your local office then all bets are off on how long it takes then. Unless I see proven by other cases then I would like to believe that a request to update the client history is not going to run them over the 9-10 month wait for AIP. And yes, I do understand and respect everything you are saying. Just getting my point across as well.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lilly_inland said:
Hi Love young
can you transfer your US license to Canadian without AIP?
What is you province lilly_inland? Are you also from the US?
With my province, I could. All I had to do was go to the DMV, pay the license fee, turn in my US license to them, got a picture taken, and then I walked out with a new NL license. Didn't need to take any test like behind the wheel or vision test.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
When I called the call centre they told me when you receive the update letter they are getting ready to work on your file. We messed up on one of our dates that's why we received the update form. We put the wrong year, it was an obvious mistake, because it was future dated LOL When we received the update form that's what they asked us to update. I was told by the agent that we should hear something by the end of March. So I don't believe it hold the application back.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Taxes and Drivers Licenses...at least our minds are somewhere else!

I have a quick tax question (mainly for my Americans out there). I know that we can apply for a tax return in Canada and I intend on doing so since I am both a student and have had an income here but I am wondering what to do about my "world income/US taxes" I mean it is not like my income is super high, but I don't want to get myself in trouble.

Please let me know what you think!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
Yeah but adzees you are already past the Vegreville stage. Obviously the local office has more time to process. If they don't open up your application before the time needed for AIP then how would they know when to request the additional documents? Like I said several people have been requested at the 7 month mark for their application to update information and none were held back on processing. Once in goes to your local office then all bets are off on how long it takes then. Unless I see proven by other cases then I would like to believe that a request to update the client history is not going to run them over the 9-10 month wait for AIP. And yes, I do understand and respect everything you are saying. Just getting my point across as well.
My file is still at Vegreville :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
adzees said:
My file is still at Vegreville :)
After AIP it should be transferred unless somehow Vegreville is your local office?
And I was meaning at Vegreville as in the before AIP stage because most are transferred to a local CIC office.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
What is you province lilly_inland? Are you also from the US?
With my province, I could. All I had to do was go to the DMV, pay the license fee, turn in my US license to them, got a picture taken, and then I walked out with a new NL license. Didn't need to take any test like behind the wheel or vision test.
Hey Love Young,
I live in ON now. Yes, I'm from the US as well - CT ! My husband was able to transfer his US license here, but he had to show his PR card as another proof. they also requested him for his CT driving history and in addition, they connected to the CT DMV to verify his driving history. I will go to the DMV here and ask them if they can change the US license.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
After AIP it should be transferred unless somehow Vegreville is your local office?
And I was meaning at Vegreville as in the before AIP stage because most are transferred to a local CIC office.
Love Young, they dont transfer file to local office right after AIP. they transfer it when the final decision is made..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Asta said:
Love Young, they dont transfer file to local office right after AIP. they transfer it when the final decision is made..
Really? I learn something new everyday, I swear I do. I did not know this. I guess I had assumed it would be transferred right after AIP considering how the letters for AIP seem to be written and how files are transferred usually quite fast if they need an interview. But I still don't see there being a delay for those asked for the "update client history form". Seems like it is routine and doesn't slow it down any. But after receiving AIP if requested for documents. It seems they won't open it for another 90 days. Hmm...what a bummer. I am pretty sure I will have to request another FBI check because they may have lost the other one (since I mailed it separate) or it was too old.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Really? I learn something new everyday, I swear I do. I did not know this. I guess I had assumed it would be transferred right after AIP considering how the letters for AIP seem to be written and how files are transferred usually quite fast if they need an interview. But I still don't see there being a delay for those asked for the "update client history form". Seems like it is routine and doesn't slow it down any. But after receiving AIP if requested for documents. It seems they won't open it for another 90 days. Hmm...what a bummer. I am pretty sure I will have to request another FBI check because they may have lost the other one (since I mailed it separate) or it was too old.
People who were requested for additional information - did you'll send the requested information in an envelope that CIC sent or was it through regular mail? If it takes 90 days to open general correspondence, I'm trying to vision how would they have the updated information when they are working on your files for AIP?

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I've received the OWP in the mailbox today, Date issued is 24 Feb 2011. Here is my case:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 13, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on February 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information. (We received the request to update about what I have been doing after we sent out the application, Date 27 Nov, 2010 and I mailed it back on the same day)

On 7 Feb, 2011, We've received the phone from CIC requesting for a photocopy for the proof of my husband's canadian citizenship, (we actually sent it with our application, maybe they've lost it?) We fax it that night. 18 Feb, 2011 received the same msg again requseting for the same document and this time has a Name of the Officer that Attention to. We fax it on the next day!

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
;D ;D ;D I'll keep update again when I got the approval letter.. I guess its on the way!

Have a nice night.. :) :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
Yes, This is what i was trying to tell you :). They only transfer your file to local office for the landing interview or detailed information in case of something fishy.

If some one do get AIP, then the file stays in vegreville until all the security, criminal background checks are done.

Once all checks are done then the final decision has been made, and only then it goes to local office and they schedule you for a landing interview.

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
santacruzan said:
\

thank u im hoping by next week we can hear a good news from them cic
what if i submit that after a i got the aip what u think ....
i check my ecas today it tells

We received your application for permanent residence on May 20, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 29, 2010.

We received the requested information on February 23, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on February 24, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
what does it means it makes scared and really nervous

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
santacruzan said:
i check my ecas today it tells

We received your application for permanent residence on May 20, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 29, 2010.

We received the requested information on February 23, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on February 24, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
what does it means it makes scared and really nervous
Did you send them additional info? If you did then they just received it or added it to your file. When did you send the additional info?