Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Material said:
Hey every1 !!

Does anybody know if taking driving lessons is permitted while waiting for your PR app. even if u dont have a status ?

Would appreciate the advice
Hi Material, I don't see why there would be a problem. Driving lessons is less than 6 months and as long as you pay for it, I can't see why immigration would care about that matter.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
eyeoftheocean said:
Happy Birthday L_Y ! I was filling up when reading what your Mom SENT, how thoughtfull of her , your such a lucky gal !
Thank you so very much eyeoftheocean! That is so very sweet of you. :-*
I am indeed a very lucky girl. My mom is my best friend and I love her so very much. She brings home to me even if I can't get there.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Driving lessons are not taken at a designated college or university, and is not for employment purposes, form what I have read before you able to get your drivers permit. You just need to be a "resident" which you are, and have residential ties in Ontario. My boyfriend is study to get his beginners. Good Luck Material!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
See Material, you are good to go. Makes me glad though that I already had my US license before I got here. And my province (NL) just let me go in, pay a fee, give them my old US license, took a picture, and was on my way with my NL license. I got that last April 2010.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Everybody,
I filled my application for P.R spouse sponsorship in canada on 16th June 2010 after long waiting period for the first time I receive an update request letter from them on 10th January 2011. According to a telephone agent my process is on time will take 9-10 months for first stage approval, so hopefully AIP or Work permit will come in March 2011. Is there any other who apply in the same period and got something or even still waiting for their reply??!!

Thank you very much for your help & support.....................................................................................God Bless everyone here

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hi Mark_Anna that is great news. I applied in July 16, 2010 but I still haven't got asked for an update. Maybe my IO doesn't need one for me. I am not sure. Would be nice if you get AIP/OWP in March 2011 because then I could still look forward to having mine in April 2011. Seems based by the chart (which I plan to update today), it is taking 9 1/2 months for it to get processed.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
Hi Material, I don't see why there would be a problem. Driving lessons is less than 6 months and as long as you pay for it, I can't see why immigration would care about that matter.
Thats what I thought but I didnt want to get into trouble with immigration so I had to ask the question :) thanks for your help
TeresaLynn said:
Driving lessons are not taken at a designated college or university, and is not for employment purposes, form what I have read before you able to get your drivers permit. You just need to be a "resident" which you are, and have residential ties in Ontario. My boyfriend is study to get his beginners. Good Luck Material!
Thank you Teresa !

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
kiwikris said:
Hey Love_Young,

Yes you are right, totally lurking! Glad your pressie has arrived in time for your b/day.
Stil no more news for me but congrats to everyone who has received good news and I am very happy CIC seems to be processing ahead of what it says online for some people.

Not sure if you heard about the earthquake in NZ, we have been spending the last week getting in touch with friends and family to make sure they are ok, couldn't leave even if I wanted to...don't want to risk not being let back in and have waited too long now. Plus, not much I could do anyway, not right now they are still searhing for poeple and downtown is closed to everyone except emergency response teams. Planning on going back for Christmas, still nervous about booking that trip even though I "should" have PR by July.

Best of luck to everyone, be stong, kia kaha.

My thoughts are with all those affected by the earthquake in NZ ! plz pass on my regards from Canada and hoping NZ will be back on its feet in no time.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
You need to have some kind of status to be eligible for G1 (i.e. learning license). You can only take theory. In order to go on road you need at least G1 License.

To apply for a licence, you must show proof of your legal name, date of birth (showing day, month and year of birth) and signature. Documents must be original and valid. Photocopies and expired documents are not acceptable. Any one of the following documents may be used to satisfy the requirement to provide proof of legal name, complete date of birth and signature:

* Passport (Canadian or foreign)

* Canadian Citizenship Card with photo

* Permanent immigration documents
o Permanent Resident Card (PRC) or
o Record of Landing (Form 1000) or
o Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Form IMM 5292)

* Temporary immigration documents
o Student Authorization (IMM 1442)
o Employment Authorization(IMM 1442)
o Visitor Record (IMM 1442)
o Temporary Resident's Permit (IMM 1442)
o Refugee Status Claim (IMM 1434)
o Acknowledgement of Intent to Claim Refugee Status (IMM 7703 with photo)
o Report Pursuant to the Immigration Act (IMM 1442 with photo)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Everybody,
I filled my application for P.R spouse sponsorship in canada on 16th June 2010 after long waiting period for the first time I receive an update request letter from them on 10th January 2011. According to a telephone agent my process is on time will take 9-10 months for first stage approval, so hopefully AIP or Work permit will come in March 2011. Is there any other who apply in the same period and got something or even still waiting for their reply??!!

Thank you very much for your help & support.....................................................................................God Bless everyone here
We applied on the 15th of June, We received an update letter on January 17th, 2011. We sent it back the next day. We should be hearing something soon. Sending good Karma your way :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
TeresaLynn said:
We applied on the 15th of June, We received an update letter on January 17th, 2011. We sent it back the next day. We should be hearing something soon. Sending good Karma your way :)
Sorry but they won't look at your file till three months from the date on the letter your received from them. This is how they work. One request for any document and your file goes in pending for 3 months (90 days)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Is it okay not to be asked for an update?
And adzees I think I will have to disagree on this. If they request a document, they will already be expected it. They will potentially open it sooner then 90 days. Yes that is the standard time for them to wait for documents after a request but that isn't the actual amount of time it takes for them to open especially when they are already working on your case. They are already expecting it to arrive. Now if on the other hand you are sending additional documents without it being requested, then yes they will be waiting 3 months to open it. They have a strict timeline to go by though and most people have been asked for additional documents and they were done in the standard time. By the way you are explaining it, you make it seem like they increase the wait. They're not going to do this. Maybe outland but not inland. They would just transfer it to the local office if it takes too long.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
Is it okay not to be asked for an update?
And adzees I think I will have to disagree on this. If they request a document, they will already be expected it. They will potentially open it sooner then 90 days. Yes that is the standard time for them to wait for documents after a request but that isn't the actual amount of time it takes for them to open especially when they are already working on your case. They are already expecting it to arrive. Now if on the other hand you are sending additional documents without it being requested, then yes they will be waiting 3 months to open it. They have a strict timeline to go by though and most people have been asked for additional documents and they were done in the standard time. By the way you are explaining it, you make it seem like they increase the wait. They're not going to do this. Maybe outland but not inland. They would just transfer it to the local office if it takes too long.
Nope they will not open it. The BF date they put on your file after sending you the letter is exactly the number of days they put on the letter. For example they sent me a letter on October 26 2010 requesting me to go through medical (which i already did and Ottawa lost it), and they only opened my file on January 26th, 2010. I ordered my Foss notes in December 2010, and i knew it from them that next time my file will open on January 26, 2011.

I called the call center, and they told me that the requested document is attached to your file on January 26th. Even though they received it on November 3rd 2010, but ecas says they received it on January 26th, 2011.

They will never open your file before the time duration unless they have put BF date for something else. If an IO has requested you something and every thing else is fine with your application then they will open the file after the number of days passed mentioned on the requesting letter.

If they are asking for your response within 90 days that means they will not look at it before 90 days.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
thats true..
they requested for my police clearance, i sent it few days later. it was november. and they added it to file (on ecas) in mid january.

by the way, i was not asked for any updates during immigration process. and it was fine.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
See Material, you are good to go. Makes me glad though that I already had my US license before I got here. And my province (NL) just let me go in, pay a fee, give them my old US license, took a picture, and was on my way with my NL license. I got that last April 2010.
Hi Love young
can you transfer your US license to Canadian without AIP?